District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

26 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Yeah it is he is good but just stop man . Yes there will be some applications but the Championship train is running off the train tracks . 

Who do you think is the architect of the offense we run?  Who do you think calls the plays on Fri night?  You are reaching.  I’ll give you a pass this time for lack of sleep with the newborn.

14 hours ago, Lion70 said:

LoL thinking you won't miss a beat is flat out ridiculous. Also he getting better but unfortunately lost my grandfather so been a rough week. 

Sorry for your loss.  Now, about this "not missing a beat" nonsense,  nobody from carthage or anywhere else for that matter is saying carthage "wont miss a beat."  Nobody is saying we will be as good as last year, and we dont have to be.  We dont need to be able to beat last years Dawg team, just the other teams we play next year.  We can not be as good as last year and still win state. Pretty easy to comprehend really.  You're just mad that 6 > 1.

11 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Winning state is the ultimate goal so that's all that matters. So missing a beat is doing the same not going undefeated.

I understand your reasoning here.  2010 was a long time ago.  But have it your way, if you wanna say winning state isnt missing a beat, fine.  Dawgs gonna 3-peat.

2 hours ago, Lion70 said:

I am here saying they don't . In fact don't even make it to the game. Proclaiming a State Championship especially on what guys are walking the stage next week is kinda of stupid.

You're always here saying we wont, yet still here we are 6 > 1.  Maybe we can celebrate our 8th title in 2020  and give a shout out to ya'll in recognition of the 10 year anniversary of your 2010 title.  Im done going round and round on this we'll have an answer around christmas time.  If we dont 3-peat i'll be here for my crow buffet.

17 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

True story.  In fact, you can finish like 3rd in district and still win state.  I know of a team that did it a couple of years ago.  Just saying....

Indeed!  Not only that, a 3rd place team can beat lion70's team en route to another title that definately wasnt happening 😂

• LOL! 1

On 5/14/2018 at 10:43 PM, dillonpanthers said:

Per Gabe Brooks, Carthage OC Chris Smith, is leaving Carthage to be run game coordinator and oline coach at Southlake. 

Good for him. It's nice when other programs recognize a good coach.

• Thanks 2

Was working in Palestine a few days ago and the guy I was talking to said he'd heard they were supposed to have a pretty good team this year. I know that's just idle talk and means nothing but just thought I'd throw that in here since we don't really hear much from them.

3 hours ago, Vandalman said:

Was working in Palestine a few days ago and the guy I was talking to said he'd heard they were supposed to have a pretty good team this year. I know that's just idle talk and means nothing but just thought I'd throw that in here since we don't really hear much from them.

They had a pretty good showing at the combine in Tyler this past weekend.  Their challenge will be in the trenches.

10 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Uhoh gotta have them big guys if wanna compete in this District. I kinda always hoped they turn the direction and be competitive. Last year despite their record they weren't a pushover.

They have athletes, just need to develop some bulldozers up front and they will be in the mix.

8 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

They have athletes, just need to develop some bulldozers up front and they will be in the mix.

I sure miss the Old District Of Doom where Carthage, Hendo, Kilgore, Jacksonville & Palestine were together slugging it out....Van ought to make things interesting however!👌

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Hey now 4th is possible too. As long as your behind Henderson LoL

At this rate, by the time the season rolls around, you'll have us booted out of the district altogether.  Sweet dreams, cupcake. 😂

3 hours ago, POKEY said:

Van graduated some very good players and I am pretty sure that QB was a senior last year.  

Yep, graduated the QB and that monster O-line. Will definitely have some adjusting to do especially coming into this district at the same time. However, most of the young defense from last year will be back bigger and stronger plus the new move in LB and we still have a couple of really good players in key positions returning on offense.  The kids filling the slots on offense are all really good athletes too including who I think will be getting the QB spot. They are capable and very well coached so we'll have to wait and see what happens. The best news for us is that a bunch of this group  will be here for the next two seasons. Anyway that's interesting news from Palestine. Any idea about the move ins?

• Thanks 1

I have got to see Palestine take the next step before I will believe they can crack the top four. Im sure they would be a playoff team in a lot of districts...just not this one. Van is the wildcard imo. I have them penciled in at 4th...but that is just a guess. I dont think anyone goes 5-0. Oh, and Carthage def not winning state lol.

• LOL! 1