Henderson @ Whitehouse 

Any tests for anyone  

Possible upsets? 

Nac got Kilgore 

Carthage? 

Van? 

Chapel Hill? 

Palestine?

Carthage hosts Jacksonville Aug 31 for week one.  Game should be competitive but I’ll take the Dawgs at home by 13.  Fast forward to week 3 and Carthage takes on Marshall on the road Sept 14.  That one will be a tough test for the Dawgs.

3 hours ago, Hlion said:

Who everyone got again? 

Henderson @ Whitehouse 

Any tests for anyone  

Possible upsets? 

Nac got Kilgore 

Carthage? 

Van? 

Chapel Hill? 

Palestine?

Alvarado @ Van week 1.  Should be a good test to start out with.

1 hour ago, Vandalman said:

Just looking at schedule. Week 2 at Gilmer will be the real test. Tough one but I'm glad to see it. Need to come into district prepared.

Gilmer is replacing long time starter, Poppy Brown. They may not be firing on all cylinders offensively in the 2nd week. 

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Gilmer is replacing long time starter, Poppy Brown. They may not be firing on all cylinders offensively in the 2nd week. 

Didn't know that. Certainly makes a difference. Always takes a few games to adjust. Then again Gilmer is Gilmer. We're in the same boat too. Replacing O-line plus QB Moseley. 

37 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Didn't know that. Certainly makes a difference. Always takes a few games to adjust. Then again Gilmer is Gilmer. We're in the same boat too. Replacing O-line plus QB Moseley. 

Understood, we’re replacing one of the finest running backs in CHS history. Of course, last time we had to replace one of the finest RBs in school history we went 16-0.

However, I highly doubt Carthage goes undefeated in 2018!

Go Dawgs

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Understood, we’re replacing one of the finest running backs in CHS history. Of course, last time we had to replace one of the finest RBs in school history we went 16-0.

However, I highly doubt Carthage goes undefeated in 2018!

Go Dawgs

Yeah you just never really know. The next generation just needs a chance sometimes. High school coaches have to deal with the constantly changing roster. Seems to me like that would be one of the biggest challenges of coaching at this level. Certainly shows when you have a good coaching staff and especially if they've been with the same program long enough to groom these kids from an early age up until varsity.

32 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Yeah you just never really know. The next generation just needs a chance sometimes. High school coaches have to deal with the constantly changing roster. Seems to me like that would be one of the biggest challenges of coaching at this level. Certainly shows when you have a good coaching staff and especially if they've been with the same program long enough to groom these kids from an early age up until varsity.

Agreed 

4 hours ago, Hlion said:

Henderson@ Whitehouse will be interesting. Hopefully we can hang LOL . Good test 

I think they graduated a lot on defense including a couple D1 defensive lineman.  They do have a shifty RB and a D1 WR committed to TX Tech.  Better put your best CB on him or he will make you pay.  I predict a 1 score game either way.

15 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I think they graduated a lot on defense including a couple D1 defensive lineman.  They do have a shifty RB and a D1 WR committed to TX Tech.  Better put your best CB on him or he will make you pay.  I predict a 1 score game either way.

I expect a good game. Im thinking Hendo by 7-10.

4 hours ago, Hlion said:

I think will be pretty good if we get the QB position settled. Might lose an awesome receiver to another position through. Hate to lose that production but not everyone can play QB at an efficient level. Hopefully we don't lose anymore to better Academics or prettier uniforms.

Well if they do decide to get a better education then maybe they’ll know the difference between though and through. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

15 hours ago, ctown81 said:

I just don't see week 2 as a test. 

At first i was about to call you crazy but then i re-checked the schedule.  No disrespect to liberty eylau, but i thought we had marshall in week 2. Oops.  To be fair though LE gave us a good game last year so i expect a good game against them too.  But we will have our hands full against the mavs.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:34 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Classic!!!

Funniest post in a while!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

It would appear there's one person amongst us here who hasn't a sense of humor on this subject.  Bet we can all guess who keeps dishing out poop emoji's and thumbs-down hahaha

If Henderson can Put the Carlisle Qb to take the varsity spot and keep Medford at being the deep threat, and has that defense with Rose An co. Then has Alexander An Fields share the running back spots, Henderson will do just fine and good if they dnt loose that deep threat

1 hour ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Funny but Henderson is going be actually good and Carthage got to rebuild since loss a lot last year so everything is going be interesting.

The 8 or 9 move-in/transfer starters will help Carthage a lot. 

• LOL! 1