District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

17 hours ago, kdogs00 said:

serious question....Has Henderson truly improved that much..????...or has their strength of schedule these last 3 weeks declined..???...

Henderson has improved, the defense looks good and pass cover looks better tonight and getting to the QBs better. The losses if you can trace back that in the Whitehouse game, we had Medford at QB, as you can see he's better at WR than at QB. De Leon is getting  better at the QB position, we was leading PG till the last quarter and lost by touchdown and extra point. PG is better than WhiteHouse Imo, an so yes Henderson improving each game, the QB is a gamer and feeling the varsity level now.Strength of the teams not the problem, the district has more tougher strength than the pre district.

17 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Off subject...but we all need to take a moment and just give thanks for how blessed we all are. Here we are on Smoaky talking about games played by kids...we did not just lose our homes in a hurricane...we are not fleeing war...we are not starving. Be thankful. I will now get off my soapbox...............

Yes the game is played by kids but trueful when they put helmets An pads on and the talents there they don't seem like kids, seems like grown men, college caliber. I came back to Henderson cause of  Hurricain Harvey from West Orange so I know where you coming from.

17 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Off subject...but we all need to take a moment and just give thanks for how blessed we all are. Here we are on Smoaky talking about games played by kids...we did not just lose our homes in a hurricane...we are not fleeing war...we are not starving. Be thankful. I will now get off my soapbox...............

It was a good soapbox to be on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

There is clearly a gap between Carthage and everyone else. Then there is a gap between Van/Henderson and the others. Henderson has improved enough that I think Van/Hendo is now a tossup.

Agree.  If your run D is as good as you guys say you should be ok.  Van is a little undersized in the O line.  They have 4-5 really good looking players.  #8 and #9 on D impressed me the most.  You will need to account for both of them every play.

Carthage

Van

Henderson

Kilgore

Palestine

Chapel Hill

Every win is precious for Kilgore. The Henderson game seems to be for the last two playoff spots. If Kilgore loses, it's possible that the Palestine game is for fourth place and a first round date with Midlothian Heritage.

10 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Carthage

Van

Henderson

Kilgore

Palestine

Chapel Hill

Every win is precious for Kilgore. The Henderson game seems to be for the last two playoff spots. If Kilgore loses, it's possible that the Palestine game is for fourth place and a first round date with Midlothian Heritage.

Kilgore's speed could give Van trouble when they play each other

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Do any Carthage posters know about Carthage total wins in program history? I think last week was win 601 in program history. Does anybody know if that’s correct? Based on last years program Carthage is 601-354-39

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2vg6rvTimfocldtbWZpUTlUQTg/view

this is through the 2015 season.  Add 13 wins for 2016, 16 for 2017 and 5 for 2018. If this list is correct my math says last week’s win would be 600.

6 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2vg6rvTimfocldtbWZpUTlUQTg/view

this is through the 2015 season.  Add 13 wins for 2016, 16 for 2017 and 5 for 2018. If this list is correct my math says last week’s win would be 600.

So that was right. Carthags has won 6 games this year, so at 601 wins now. 

I just saw where Mav posted about Marshall going for 600 wins, so I was wondering where Carthage was. Just so happened they are right at 600 too.

4 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

So that was right. Carthags has won 6 games this year, so at 601 wins now. 

I just saw where Mav posted about Marshall going for 600 wins, so I was wondering where Carthage was. Just so happened they are right at 600 too.

Heck your right we have played 6 games this year.  The season is flying by.

30 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I think the Van/Palestine game and the Henderson/Kilgore game will tell us a lot about how this district will unfold.  I know teams matchup differently, but if these games aren't close, then we will have some pretty clear divisions.

True, to me for 2nd and 3rd would be the winner out of Van vs Palestine winner vs Henderson and Kilgore winner. My guess it would be Henderson vs Van for 2nd and 3rd.Predicting Van over Pales, Hendo over Kilgore and looking for a upset over Carthage would be great lmao 😉

10 minutes ago, Hlion said:

We play @ Van week 10 wondering if that has playoff or possibly District Championship on the line or just playoff seeding.

I'm thinking nobody beats Carthage so probably not for district but wouldn't be surprised if it were for 2nd or 3rd. But, you never know, someone may upset the big dog.

1 hour ago, StillALion said:

Well Life and Heritage are new schools so none of us have had many chances to play them.  Crandall’s not new but don’t think we’ve played them. 

Being trueful and I am a Die hard win or lose Lions fan and born a lion but we hadn't had a chance to even play teams like La Vega or Argyle due to one team that's stops us in our tracks, to be honest over the years we could have had more State wins then just the 2010 one, but hopes to get there this this year. I'm resting on our Defense this year and our coaches game plans. The coaches makes the difference An plus the Defense we have, Defense wins games. Juss has to tighten up more on pass coverages, seems like passing teams we seem to struggle this year, the running teams we did a great job on executing, true statement.

16 hours ago, Hlion said:

1. Mid Heritage vs  4. Kilgore

1. Carthage vs  4. waxhachi life

#3 Crandall vs #2Henderson

#2Athens vs #3Van

I know #1 play #4 

But I assume it's #2 vs #3 or is it #2 vs #2 and #3 vs #3? 

Don't know how that plays out, Palestine could upset one of the teams in the D.O.D. If it's either Kilgore or Van.i couldn't place the team seeding till the District is over,like last year Center defeated Kilgore and that changed Kilgores seeding.Any team can upset the other at any given moment.

29 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Being trueful and I am a Die hard win or lose Lions fan and born a lion but we hadn't had a chance to even play teams like La Vega or Argyle due to one team that's stops us in our tracks, to be honest over the years we could have had more State wins then just the 2010 one, but hopes to get there this this year. I'm resting on our Defense this year and our coaches game plans. The coaches makes the difference An plus the Defense we have, Defense wins games. Juss has to tighten up more on pass coverages, seems like passing teams we seem to struggle this year, the running teams we did a great job on executing, true statement.

As you know Carthage and Van like to sling it.  Just saying......

5 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

As you know Carthage and Van like to sling it.  Just saying......

Not worry about that, we willing  have that cleared up before time.. Juss wait till the day Carthage plays Henderson.Carthage may have the best coaches staff in Texas but so is Henderson, Henderson also has a great coaching staff as well.its all about match-ups, what player matches up with a player more and the best player can get double teamed.i got respect for Carthage but really confident when it's time.