District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

10 hours ago, StillALion said:

Where would Henderson probably play if it’s Athens and where if it’s Crandall?  

I would say probably Rose Stadium if it’s Athens (and if it’s available and not booked up)  ... halfway from both places.  

Rose Stadium for Crandall too though? (35 mi from Hendo / 75 from Crandall)

... Forney is 20 mi for Crandall and 115 for Henderson. 

.., Corsicana again like last year is 55 for Crandall and 95 for Henderson.

The Calpreps predictions for DOD this week are:

HEN 26 - VAN 24

CAR 44 - KIL 7

PAL 31 - CH 21

And for the other game that matters for bi-district matchups they have:

Crandall 35 - Athens 34

When we played CH a few years back it was at Royse City, it’s closer to us but it could work

On 11/2/2018 at 10:01 PM, Hlion said:

1. 9-0 4-0 Carthage

2. 6-3 3-1 Henderson

3. 7-2 3-1 Van 

4. 3-6 2-2 Kilgore

5. 2-7 0-4 Palestine

6. 1-8 , O-4 Chapel Hill

Carthage DC

Henderson and Van clinched playoff spots

Kilgore clinched the final spot. 

Chill plays Palestine for battle of the basement

Once again Palestine is battling for the basement.  Just unbelievable to have this talent and they can never get at least a 4th place finish out of 6 teams

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

My guess would be Castle’s seat is one of them...😬

You are certainly entitled to your guess but if you are basing that on the posts of some Henderson "fans" on this website then you are as dumb as they are.   Phil Castles is one outstanding football coach,  a great leader/role model for young men, and a man of deep character.  These people in Henderson know and understand that we have a special person leading our young men in football as well as teaching them about life.  To say that he is on the hot seat here is absurb and has no validity.   He has run a great program here and everywhere he has been with great success.  Just as you and other posters are proud of Coach Surratt, his program, and your team's success;  we here in Henderson are as well with the job Coach Castles has done.  Certainly each of us would like to win another state championship (or more) but we are not going to judge Coach Castles performance & success on several losses to Carthage in the past couple of years.  For those that promote such thinking are short-sighted and narrow minded.  You, with as much as you seem to know about high school football, should at least recognize the great competition this coach has put on the field to battle your Dogs these past 6 years he has been in Henderson.  

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, TakamakaMahe said:

You are certainly entitled to your guess but if you are basing that on the posts of some Henderson "fans" on this website then you are as dumb as they are.   Phil Castles is one outstanding football coach,  a great leader/role model for young men, and a man of deep character.  These people in Henderson know and understand that we have a special person leading our young men in football as well as teaching them about life.  To say that he is on the hot seat here is absurb and has no validity.   He has run a great program here and everywhere he has been with great success.  Just as you and other posters are proud of Coach Surratt, his program, and your team's success;  we here in Henderson are as well with the job Coach Castles has done.  Certainly each of us would like to win another state championship (or more) but we are not going to judge Coach Castles performance & success on several losses to Carthage in the past couple of years.  For those that promote such thinking are short-sighted and narrow minded.  You, with as much as you seem to know about high school football, should at least recognize the great competition this coach has put on the field to battle your Dogs these past 6 years he has been in Henderson.  

I dont pretend to be "in the know" when it comes to hisd athetics and the security of the coaches job, but given the obscene number of empty seats at the game the other night im thinking your opinion may be in the minority...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TakamakaMahe said:

I never besmirched the man’s character; I don’t even Know him... I’m sure he is Every bit all you say he is! I simply made my comment based on the reactions other fans have reacted to the failing programs in East Texas that were once stellar opponents. 

Forgive me,(& others) if we give back a little of the comments we endure for the successes of the Carthage Athletic Program.

4 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I dont pretend to be "in the know" when it comes to hisd athetics and the security of the coaches job, but given the obscene number of empty seats at the game the other night im thinking your opinion may be in the minority...

Henderson football is fine. Other than your bulldogs program, who has been any better the last few years? Carthage has been in great hands for the last 10 years. Henderson has been very successful with many more playoff games in the past few years than ever before. I praise and envy your team probably like everyone in the state does. No one is in the hot seat over here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hlion said:

I know I am a Homer but looks like 104a could go 3-1 at worse 2-2

Carthage definitely wins 

Kilgore definitely loses to Mithlothian heritage

Henderson and Van should key word beat Crandall and Athens but both aren't terrible so anything possible. 

Kinda wish we could do the all venue like we did in Lufkin but I highly doubt that would be possible. Tyler didn't host playoffs games last year and sfa only does later rounds. 

I believe Tyler’s press box was being renovated last postseason

26 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

I was kinda hoping Kilgore would have something set up on a Thursday night so I can be there. Headed to Mississippi that Friday.

How about Forney?

I would love to see Hendo play on Thursday. I will not be able to make it Fri night :(