District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

1. Interesting seeing how Carthage does without their QB . 

2. Same goes for Henderson . We probably going with a Sophomore as the front runner. 

3. Interesting seeing if Kilgore can rebound and had tough JV.

4. Van showed a lot being competitive  in more difficult district.

Palestine and Chapel Hill can't stay down forever.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:11 PM, lion70 said:

So any predictions? 

Carthage and Henderson have new QB. 

Anyone else return a lot? 

Far too early for predictions. 

Seems like QB is an issue for quite a few teams.

I think our defense is returning a good amount. 3 DL, 2 LBs, 2-3 DB.  On offense, 3 OL, 2 RB, FB, 1 WR.   Several others that played a fair amount. Then we should have quite a few moving up from the JV. 

Lots of talent, but putting all of that together can take some effort. 

On 1/25/2019 at 10:52 AM, lion70 said:

2. Same goes for Henderson . We probably going with a Sophomore as the front runner. 

I know little about this district and it's way too early to know anything, but I do not see Van being anything under three. i see them being top three for sure. I mean they went 10-3 last year 4-1 in district they did way more than just compete they showed out. They're the only team that placed in the top three with their QB coming back, they lost a little to graduation but have a lot coming back as well, so to say they get 4th that just seems a little arrogant. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 10:52 AM, lion70 said:

Carthage has five QB’s in the mix for the job from Soph to Sr.  Last time we were in this position we went 16-0.  The defense will carry the team early as it will be stacked.  Offense will have some growing pains but will hit full stride by district.  With the weapons coming back on offense all the QB will have to do is take care of the ball and get it to the playmakers.  The QB will not be expected to carry the team in 2019 and will still probably throw for 3,500+ yards and 40 TD’s.

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

The Dawg D will be on a mission in 2019. 

Last year they had good and not so good games. This year 8 starters return which will be bigger, stronger, and veterans of 15 games. 

Who ever the QB will be is simple with the weapons he will have. 

Get the ball to the big time play makers. 

Now if he can run and throw, uh oh, 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Going by pictures from the Carthage game, our center, left guard and left tackle return on offense as well as 2 RBs that played quite a bit. Two of our starting defensive line and two in the defensive backfield return as well. One of the starting linebackers was hurt before this game and will be a junior this fall. His backup will also be a junior this fall.

Overall, I liked the more balanced play calling. Now if we can get better execution and results.

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Lion70 - I am hearing that Henderson may  have sent another player to Carthage.  This time it’s a defensive player that saw a little time on varsity last year as a Soph.  Enrolled a few weeks ago.  Is this true?

It sure is nice of them sending players to Carlisle, West Rusk, and Carthage...……...spreading their wealth out to area schools

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Lion70 - I am hearing that Henderson may  have sent another player to Carthage.  This time it’s a defensive player that saw a little time on varsity last year as a Soph.  Enrolled a few weeks ago.  Is this true?

I don't think Lion will be able too reply to you any more. I heard life without parole.

As far as the player, I "think" he enrolled last week. 

Tried to send you a PM to no avail.

3 hours ago, DTrump said:

I don't think Lion will be able too reply to you any more. I heard life without parole.

As far as the player, I "think" he enrolled last week. 

Tried to send you a PM to no avail.

Well I’m sure we will eventually see a new Lion70 under a different alias.  I got a message a few days ago so it should be working fine.  Try it again.  Sure do appreciate Henderson sending so many players over to Carthage.  We need all the help we can get.  😂

19 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Well I’m sure we will eventually see a new Lion70 under a different alias.  I got a message a few days ago so it should be working fine.  Try it again.  Sure do appreciate Henderson sending so many players over to Carthage.  We need all the help we can get.  😂

If your trying to troll me it's not gonna work. I have no dog in the hunt.

I'll say this that most of your info is wrong. May wanna do some checking.

28 minutes ago, DTrump said:

If your trying to troll me it's not gonna work. I have no dog in the hunt.

I'll say this that most of your info is wrong. May wanna do some checking.

What the heck are you talking about?  If you will refer to my original post about this subject you will see I addressed it to Lion70.  Why would you think I was trying to troll you?  Are you Lion70?  And what about my post is wrong?  Did a Henderson underclassman football player enroll in Carthage High School during the last two weeks?  The sentence you highlighted was 100% a jab at Lion70.  It’s a shame he’s not around anymore to appreciate it.  Glad Enjoylife got the humor in it!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

What the heck are you talking about?  If you will refer to my original post about this subject you will see I addressed it to Lion70.  Why would you think I was trying to troll you?  Are you Lion70?  And what about my post is wrong?  Did a Henderson underclassman football player enroll in Carthage High School during the last two weeks?  The sentence you highlighted was 100% a jab at Lion70.  It’s a shame he’s not around anymore to appreciate it.  Glad Enjoylife got the humor in it!

Sorry I didn't mean to intefere with you having a conversation with a non-member. My bad.

But your wrong on some other things but who cares. Carry on dude.

1 hour ago, DTrump said:

Sorry I didn't mean to intefere with you having a conversation with a non-member. My bad.

But your wrong on some other things but who cares. Carry on dude.

How in the world would I know Lion70 got the permanent ban?  And please tell me what I’m wrong about?  I’m not too proud to correct my story if the facts are flawed.  Is my timeline wrong?  Did he not see any varsity snaps last fall?  Is he an offensive player vs a defensive player?  Help a brother out here Dtrump!

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2019 at 6:09 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

How in the world would I know Lion70 got the permanent ban?  And please tell me what I’m wrong about?  I’m not too proud to correct my story if the facts are flawed.  Is my timeline wrong?  Did he not see any varsity snaps last fall?  Is he an offensive player vs a defensive player?  Help a brother out here Dtrump!

Sorry for the delay but where is he enrolled at?

10 hours ago, StillALion said:

They are talking about Modisette.  Henderson had a basketball game Tuesday and the first baseball game was Monday.  So the guys who play both were in the stands Monday and weren’t with the baseball team yet.   He plays baseball and not basketball, but he wasn’t with the team either or on the roster.  So I asked someone who would know where he was?  And they said he had enrolled at Carthage this semester.   Didn’t want to be any noisier than that so I didn’t ask for any more details.  He was probably the best sophomore on Henderson’s football team last year.   Who was the kid who played LB on the ‘16 team for you guys from Beckville?  He’s at least as good as that kid and probably some better. 

Dixon.

15 hours ago, StillALion said:

They are talking about Modisette.  Henderson had a basketball game Tuesday and the first baseball game was Monday.  So the guys who play both were in the stands Monday and weren’t with the baseball team yet.   He plays baseball and not basketball, but he wasn’t with the team either or on the roster.  So I asked someone who would know where he was?  And they said he had enrolled at Carthage this semester.   Didn’t want to be any noisier than that so I didn’t ask for any more details.  He was probably the best sophomore on Henderson’s football team last year.   Who was the kid who played LB on the ‘16 team for you guys from Beckville?  He’s at least as good as that kid and probably some better. 

I knew who he was talking about the whole time. IMO you shouldn't mention his name but whatever floats your boat.

I never got an answer from @DawgNation2015 because I'm sure he found out he's not in Carthage anymore. Plus the timeline was off but anyways he's home again.

Good luck to the young man in the future!