Pre District Football Schedule

TheShadowKnows

3 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Newton vs wos week 3 

Newton scheduling all these bigger powerhouses is gonna bite them in the butt come year 2. They got the horses to play with these cats next year.....when all them boys graduate and Newton returns back to 3A D2 form.....they got some beat downs coming lol.

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Newton vs wos week 3 

Wow!  So they finally got 'er done, huh?  A lot of blaming going on between those two for the past several realignments as to why wouldn't schedule each other.  That's a good test for both teams next year, in my opinion.  The year after?  Probably not so much.

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Newton scheduling all these bigger powerhouses is gonna bite them in the butt come year 2. They got the horses to play with these cats next year.....when all them boys graduate and Newton returns back to 3A D2 form.....they got some beat downs coming lol.

I doubt it but ok. 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Y’all don’t think Newton has anything coming up. Lol

They've been reloading the last few years, but they will lose some big time players after this season.  It'll be hard to replace that kind of D1 talent, so a little bit of a drop off would be in order.  How big that drop off is nobody knows for sure.  They can probably beat Gilmer, but I wouldn't bet on them beating WO-S.

9 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

It doesn’t appear that very many 3As are lining up to take a crack at them. It’s what happens when you’re that good. Nobody wants to play you. Tatum and Daingerfield both went through a time like that. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 10:03 AM, Ronster23 said:

Burkeville backed out on Overton is what I heard...didn't hear the reason.

Could it have something to do with being placed in a seven-team district instead of an expected six?

On 2/15/2018 at 10:00 AM, Ronster23 said:

It's a bummer when a school agrees to a two year home and away play and then turn around and back out weeks later...

True ... I just wonder who Burkeville will try to play.

Tough playing 11-man with 74 kids, assuming about half are female.

I'm sure they are scheduling carefully or making an attempt to ... the last couple of years have been nightmarish ...

Past year they scored in only 3 of their 9 games and averaged less than 2 points a contest while giving up almost 60.

I can understand trying to stay 11-man ... it probably is expensive to re-tool your field back and forth.

Not to mention coaches having to adjust everything they do on both sides of the ball.

Hope they survive it all ... there was a time when they were the cat's meow ...

On 2/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, trueblue82 said:

It doesn’t appear that very many 3As are lining up to take a crack at them. It’s what happens when you’re that good. Nobody wants to play you. Tatum and Daingerfield both went through a time like that. 

Df handled a very tough predistrict for many yeas in a row. Always made us better in my eyes. Beat every team we played for over 3 years except Gilmer. 

Atl has the same senerio the next 2 years. They have a very tough pretty district and if they stay healthy going into district they will be hard to handle. Tatum has talent pouring from everywhere but it hasn't clicked yet. If they get it going BeastTx will be represented well come December.... #BeastTxFacts