Attention Head Coaches!

893Record

More two back and TE styles are slowly coming back. UNDER CENTER not as much though. Just something about the QB being 5 back in the gun that makes things seem easier for these HS QB's. Most playoff games I saw this year didn't seem as spread pass happy, but the gun was still there. 

14 minutes ago, RickyT said:

More two back and TE styles are slowly coming back. UNDER CENTER not as much though. Just something about the QB being 5 back in the gun that makes things seem easier for these HS QB's. Most playoff games I saw this year didn't seem as spread pass happy, but the gun was still there. 

I don't mind them being out from under center, especially the ones that treat their QB like a Single-Wing tailback and like you said: use two RBs and a TE. It's all these wannabe Mike Leach disciples who think they're gonna mop-up 2A-3A with their derivative watered-down version of the Air Raid.

Gimme a break.    :rofl:

Yes watching teams like Gunter is pretty cool, but for me I prefer under center for the rocket series, balance to either side, using my slots to block inside for midline and sometimes triple. Anytime Gunter ran triple in the title it was effective but they mostly ran Pro I stuff out if it!

• Like 1

As long as we are coming back this way, don't forget the double tight straight T. I've seen coaches run this and make the other teams eyes cross trying to find the ball. And there. Is always the quick pitch to both sides .

• Like 1