2018 College Baseball Thread

thegreatbambino

14 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

SHSU takes 2 of 3 from last year MAC Champ Kent State 

Blew a save to not get the sweep

looking forward to our series with DBU 

also Coach Deggs had quiet dustup with the the Kent State coach 

Matt Deggs is a hot head lol... He used to yell at opposing players, coaches, and even our own fans. Loved his attitude. 

A&M beat SFA 11-4... Freshman Zach DeLoach hit for the cycle and walked once. He's on fire. 

17 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

SHSU takes 2 of 3 from last year MAC Champ Kent State 

Blew a save to not get the sweep

looking forward to our series with DBU 

also Coach Deggs had quiet dustup with the the Kent State coach 

Looking forward to that too. Coach Deggs and Coach Heefner are great coaches with 2 great ball clubs.

22 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Former LSU assistant and Mississippi State head coach Andy Cannizaro had affair with Mississippi State employee before resigning: report
https://t.co/FLl0gxGoqA https://t.co/duROtYlqlY

Everything about that seems kinda shady. This story immediately came out after they had a rough start to the season. It's like someone was holding onto it as a trump card or something.

Ags have 2 today vs Cornell and one tomorrow. 

39 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Everything about that seems kinda shady. This story immediately came out after they had a rough start to the season. It's like someone was holding onto it as a trump card or something.

Ags have 2 today vs Cornell and one tomorrow. 

Confused on how having an affair has become a reason for termination...  

If I was caught having an affair with a teacher at my job off-campus, people would think less of my moral standards, but seriously doubt I would get fired for it or forced to resign...

Whoa Kingham did not have his command at all last night. 

3 errors played a huge part in this game. 

LSU pitcher Hess was pretty good. His breaking ball is awesome. 

Texas has a lot of new faces this season that need to gel together as the season goes along. I'll be interested to see how they bounce back in game 2 tonight. 

8 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Saw that those Texas Aggie uniforms were sweet looking.What the furthest A&M ever been? I honestly don't know. 

Yeah those heritage jerseys are great. They're $150 though. 

Still, love em. 

A&M has made it to Omaha a few times. Never won the whole thing. Postseason works like this:

Regionals -> Super Regionals -> College World Series

The top 16 teams host regionals of 4 teams. The winners of those advance to super regionals where it's just a 3-game series between two teams, hosted by the top 8 teams. Winners of the Supers go to Omaha. 

That said, there are situations where those pegged to host super regionals lose in their regional and another team hosts. For example. last year the Ags had to travel to go to the Houston regional hosted by UH. We won that regional that was paired up with UNC who was set to host the Super Regional. However, Davidson beat them and won that regional so the Super Regional was A&M vs Davidson. And since A&M was the 3 seed in their regional and Davidson was the 4 seed in theirs, A&M got to host the super in the most unlikely of scenarios. Although there have been instances where the lower seeded team got to host based on them having the stadium to accommodate the game. 

So yeah a year where you make it to a Super Regional is a good year. Going to the College World Series is WHAT teams are playing for. 

47 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

LSU score keeper is a generous guy. Horns were in control up 5-0 but the Tigers scored 5 in the 5th to tie it up. Some key hits but 2 errors cost Texas. 

I had to go somewhere in the 3rd when Texas was up 5-0....  I see it’s now 8-5 LSU in the 8th

41 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas won the finale vs LSU 11-1. 

I like this Texas team, they need to clean up the defense and find some bullpen help. 

Completely shocked LSU won this series.  Doubt they move up in the polls.

1 hour ago, Coach0001 said:

Bearkats sweep the Bearcats

Play Vandy Kentucky and Missp State in Houston this weekend

Early but maybe the first time this has ever happened the Bearkats sit at Number 2 in the RPI ranking

If I'm not counting pitches all weekend at our tournament, I plan on catching one of their games

13 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas won the finale vs LSU 11-1. 

I like this Texas team, they need to clean up the defense and find some bullpen help. 

I was at the game Saturday night. This team is really impressive. That game was disappointing in the end, but there were some positives to take away. When he dropped the ball in center field I knew LSU was going to storm back. Left a couple pitchers in a little too long, but the Horns have some good bats.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Completely shocked LSU won this series.  Doubt they move up in the polls.

It was my first time in Baton Rouge this weekend and the LSU fans were incredibly nice. Many of them went out of there way to talk to us and give us recommendations around town. Great hospitality there!

Probably would be a little different if we were Arkie or Bama lol.

18 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

It was my first time in Baton Rouge this weekend and the LSU fans were incredibly nice. Many of them went out of there way to talk to us and give us recommendations around town. Great hospitality there!

Probably would be a little different if we were Arkie or Bama lol.

Arkansas and Bama fans should already know where to go... home...

but overall, the post football fans (the ones that support all of the sports) are way more hospitable than the football tailgating group