Boys basketball playoff news

chevyman

13 hours ago, player73 said:

Teague vs Hearne 

Malakoff vs Jarrell 

Winners play each other for a Region 3 Class 3A berth at Waco Midway. 

Teague beats Hearne 74-68 and Jarrell beats Malakoff. This will be a rematch of last years Regional Tournament final in Class 3A Region 3. The game will be played at Waco University on Tuesday with a 7 pm tip. 

4 hours ago, fergton said:

Evadale vs Shelbyville 7pm Woodville 

Good grief, Shelbyville has some tall kids for 2A.  It'll be the redwood tree vs the tallow, or Giants vs the munchkins.  And I thought Neches killed us on rebounds.  Evadale will have to be knocking down a lot of threes, which we can occasionally.  If so, it'll be a good game.  If not, ll'll be a long night.  Either way, it's nice to be here.  Dragons got us by 3 last year.  Hope it's our turn :woot:

On February 23, 2018 at 12:16 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Welp…… 

That was a wipeout for their basketball team.  Not only losing the two players, but the distraction.  They lost 36-34 to Crawford.  You'd think all these kids (and a lot more than DBS are facing this) would have more sense, but like a teacher told me, they're teenagers, they have no sense.  After thinking about it, the teacher, sadly, is right about most of them.  I imagine most of us did some really stupid things when we were teenagers.  I know I did a few Dumb things.  Luckily, most of us came through unscathed.  

On February 21, 2018 at 4:21 PM, Greezychef said:

Well Evadale is actually my 4th dark horse team that appears to be getting hot.  So I expect a very good game.  

You nailed that one Greezy.  Will have to be hot, hot, vs Shelbyville.  

7 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

Colby Carr and the Sabine Cardinals took down Daingerfield last night 57-54! Face Mount Vernon in the next round...

His play call with less than a minute to play was a gutsy one that paid off. Mt Vernon looks good on paper. Sabine will have to play a little better than they did last night imo. 

On 2/24/2018 at 10:11 AM, TheGodfather said:

Colby Carr and the Sabine Cardinals took down Daingerfield last night 57-54! Face Mount Vernon in the next round...

Colby has done a great job all year long. The team showed a lot of toughness Friday night, and have all season long. It’s Going to be a good game Tuesday night. 

On 2/24/2018 at 3:21 PM, REBgp said:

That was a wipeout for their basketball team.  Not only losing the two players, but the distraction.  They lost 36-34 to Crawford.  You'd think all these kids (and a lot more than DBS are facing this) would have more sense, but like a teacher told me, they're teenagers, they have no sense.  After thinking about it, the teacher, sadly, is right about most of them.  I imagine most of us did some really stupid things when we were teenagers.  I know I did a few Dumb things.  Luckily, most of us came through unscathed.  

Best team in the 409 and all of Texas resides in Port Arthur Texas. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

What do we know about mt vernon?

Fundamental. They have a very quick guard that can pass the ball well, and another guard that is pretty solid on the drive. #23 I believe is their best shooter, but I have never seen him really drive or do anything else in the games that I have watched. They have good size inside, but not what I would call a dominant post. They do not have the athletes that Dangerfield had on Friday, but they do have some solid basketball kids.