Boys basketball playoff news

chevyman

20 minutes ago, chevyman said:

this was a great game. great crowd on both sides. a few plays here and there made the difference for the Tigers. #2 Cooper was the difference to me for MV. He was outstanding in the 2nd half on offense but more importantly on defense basically taking #34 out of the game. I thought that MV was able to rebound better on the offensive side and that helped them in the 3rd quarter

I'm not sure we had a single offensive rebound. It's like when we shot the ball we all started running to the other end of the court. Shutting down 34 for Sabine was huge too. We had no answer for that really tall guy.

21 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I spoke to one of y'all's fans and said this is the first time Carthage has made it to the regional semifinals in boys basketball

Saw on twitter someone said Carthage last made it in '92-'93. Just looked it up in the uil archives and, yep, they did. Funny thing, they got put out by Lincoln that year, who then went on to win state. Good omen for them, maybe.

9 minutes ago, flukeshot said:

Saw on twitter someone said Carthage last made it in '92-'93. Just looked it up in the uil archives and, yep, they did. Funny thing, they got put out by Lincoln that year, who then went on to win state. Good omen for them, maybe.

I'm just wondering why don't it show the regional quarterfinal?

46 minutes ago, flukeshot said:

If you're talking about in '93, there was no such round then. It didn't come into being until they expanded to 3 teams making it a few years later.

Then I guess it depends on how you look at it. Carthage made it to the regional semifinals or made it three deep into the playoffs in 92'-93', which today would be the quarterfinals. Either way Carthage has made a great run in boys basketball playoffs so far this season, and I'm sure they hope it continues.

9 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Great season Eavadale.  Shelbyville is a legit contender.  Eavadale was too 

Thanks Greezy.  It was an exciting game.  Proud of the Rebels run. The Dragons Tall Linebacker at post gave us fits.  Hit a slump in the third Qtr.  Clawed our way back but the hole was to deep.  Good chance it'll be a Shelbyville vs Tenaha game for Region, which is indicative of how stacked District 22-2A was.  Good luck to both teams.

9 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Thanks Greezy.  It was an exciting game.  Proud of the Rebels run. The Dragons Tall Linebacker at post gave us fits.  Hit a slump in the third Qtr.  Clawed our way back but the hole was to deep.  Good chance it'll be a Shelbyville vs Tenaha game for Region, which is indicative of how stacked District 22-2A was.  Good luck to both teams.

You know who to pull for next. ;)

• Like 1

If Grapeland plays there game and the youth of being in the regional tournament does not affect them. Then they will be heading  back to San Antonio. How young they are and the talent in the jr high. We could see Grapeland at the state tournament for the next 6 years. 

• Like 1

How come Carthage doesn't have the same sort of following for basketball this year that they've had in football? It's the same kids playing b'ball that played f'ball. Maybe it's a "Big school" thing.. They are not even covered in the local paper,or on Maxpreps, where it still has last years roster. Being from Beckville, people go to most all sporting events, maybe it's because we know most of the kids , so i was just curious. Not trying to stir the pot, just wondering if it really is just the school size differences. 

9 hours ago, Crawford said:

I spoke to one of y'all's fans and said this is the first time Carthage has made it to the regional semifinals in boys basketball

Dont get me to lying im doing good just trying to keep up with what round we're in.  Per local radio announcer this is the farthest Dawgs hoops has been since 1970 but we're lucky if he even knows who we're playing half the time. This much is certain, this is the best we've done in basketball in a long long time.

• Like 1