Troup I.S.D. and Dennis Alexander Reach Financial Settlement...

Smoaky

Only reason why someone settles, aka Troup ISD, is if they will lose.  Someone accepts a settlement because it costs them less in the long run.  Happy for Coach and I too hope he coaches again.  I'm sure DA is chuckling about Jakebrake and him being alike.  Grew up with both.  

58 minutes ago, smlltwnguy said:

I'm no legal expert, but I don't think you settle if you're in the right.

The sad thing is that he wasn't the only coach to lose his job behind the accusation. 

I’m not trying to read to much into what you’re saying, and if I’ve taken anything out of context please correct me.  The coach you’re referring to did not push Dennis out of the way and take a bullet for him, or jump on a grenade for him, he simply told the truth.  When asked, he told the truth, which is exactly what he saw, along with countless kids who backed it up.  So for not playing ball, he lost his job, you are correct.  But in doing so, he sleeps well at night and taught his son a valuable lesson in loyalty and standing for the truth.  He could’ve played ball and still been at that dump, but they’re all better off now that their true colors have been exposed.  Just look at Troups history when you have the time.  This is nothing new, they just got popped back this time.  Maybe next time they’ll think twice.  

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, JAKEBRAKE said:

I’m not trying to read to much into what you’re saying, and if I’ve taken anything out of context please correct me.  The coach you’re referring to did not push Dennis out of the way and take a bullet for him, or jump on a grenade for him, he simply told the truth.  When asked, he told the truth, which is exactly what he saw, along with countless kids who backed it up.  So for not playing ball, he lost his job, you are correct.  But in doing so, he sleeps well at night and taught his son a valuable lesson in loyalty and standing for the truth.  He could’ve played ball and still been at that dump, but they’re all better off now that their true colors have been exposed.  Just look at Troups history when you have the time.  This is nothing new, they just got popped back this time.  Maybe next time they’ll think twice.  

This coach and any who stood for the truth are men of integrity!!! In the long run, those who knew the truth but stayed quiet, will pay a larger price for their silence.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, JAKEBRAKE said:

Big red, this is long overdue, but I want you to know that I have the utmost respect for you.  We’ve had some wars over the years and you always took it like a champ.  You took it as well as you dished it out.  I’d rather have you on my side than 3/4 of these daddy ball playing, jv snowflakes that are on here now.  You’re a true supporter of what you believe in and the town you support.  And my apologies for it taking me this long to tell you.  

Thank you. I believe in being loyal and tend to side on that which is right.

4 hours ago, JAKEBRAKE said:

That’s what I was getting at and I totally agree with what you’re saying. I told the truth in 2001 because he wasn’t wrong then either. DA taught me a bunch including having character and being honest. 

22 minutes ago, smlltwnguy said:

That’s what I was getting at and I totally agree with what you’re saying. I told the truth in 2001 because he wasn’t wrong then either. DA taught me a bunch including having character and being honest. 

People get what they deserve in the end small town, it’s just nice to see it when it happens

8 hours ago, smlltwnguy said:

I'm no legal expert, but I don't think you settle if you're in the right.

The sad thing is that he wasn't the only coach to lose his job behind the accusation. 

Settle is what attorneys do...they don’t want to go to court ..ties up their time and your money..  No dog in this scrum, but it seems to me that a whole bunch of these kids have been raised tender heartedly and get offended at the drop of a voice being raised. I guess I’m just old school.  Hope the coach continues if that’s his pleasure and If not, happy trails!!  That’s a nice sum to offset TRS $$

• Smoaky unpinned this topic
On 2/20/2018 at 10:51 AM, MavGrad99 said:

For some reason, this doesn't surprise me...  I imagine you in person as the same kind of guy that he is... a little out there, loose, old school, but still on point... in your own way.

Nail on the head!!!! Except for on point.  Family shouldn’t get on a forum and give oppinions!!!!!

• Thumbs Down 3

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, JAKEBRAKE said:

Big red, this is long overdue, but I want you to know that I have the utmost respect for you.  We’ve had some wars over the years and you always took it like a champ.  You took it as well as you dished it out.  I’d rather have you on my side than 3/4 of these daddy ball playing, jv snowflakes that are on here now.  You’re a true supporter of what you believe in and the town you support.  And my apologies for it taking me this long to tell you.  

JAKEBRAKE you the man support your family and justice till the end.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Spud

1 hour ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Nail on the head!!!! Except for on point.  Family shouldn’t get on a forum and give oppinions!!!!!

If you’d let someone run your father in law through the mud then that says a lot about you.  And show me that smoaky code.  I’ve been on this site for 15 years.  It’s not opinions I’m giving it’s facts

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Yea, I'm sure you wouldn't have an opinion if someone in your family was being spoken bad about on a social media site...especially someone who has done so much for the game and so much for the young men that he has coached.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jakebrake, if there were more DA's still in the business, schools wouldn't be like they are today. I wish he'd got a million! I'm telling you, stupid people that are running the schools are out of control. DA taught thousands of young men lessons that will last them a lifetime. Most coaches these days don't......and can't anyway. Sure, some of those lessons were learned the hard way, but dayum, isn't that life! 

Things I hate, going to watch a high school football game where the coaches have no control or discipline. Right when you think they might, you see the star player do something out of whack and it doesn't even get addressed by the coach. What I loved about watching a DA coached team, them suckers were in line! From the best to the worst player. Always liked watching GA Moore teams too. They were the same way! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickyT said:

Jakebrake, if there were more DA's still in the business, schools wouldn't be like they are today. I wish he'd got a million! I'm telling you, stupid people that are running the schools are out of control. DA taught thousands of young men lessons that will last them a lifetime. Most coaches these days don't......and can't anyway. Sure, some of those lessons were learned the hard way, but dayum, isn't that life! 

Things I hate, going to watch a high school football game where the coaches have no control or discipline. Right when you think they might, you see the star player do something out of whack and it doesn't even get addressed by the coach. What I loved about watching a DA coached team, them suckers were in line! From the best to the worst player. Always liked watching GA Moore teams too. They were the same way! 

Truer words have never been spoken rickyt.  I cringe when I hear you have to adapt to the kid.  Why in the hell do I want to adapt to a 16 year old when I’m 46?  It really doesn’t seem that long ago that if you got in trouble at school, work, friends house wherever, that you prayed for an early death because you knew your old man was about make you feel pain.  Now a kid gets in trouble the parent is at the school cussing the teacher, what happened man?  Parents are scared to death to make tough decisions at home, to be the bad guy, to not be cool in their kids eyes, so they take that with them every where they go, they think you have to earn their respect instead of respecting your elders.  If a parent wants their best friend to be a 16 year old, then that’s on them, but I hope you own up to it when the first time they face true adversity they fold up like a bad poker hand.   I respect no man like I do my old man, and he could’ve given 2 cents about being my friend when I was a kid, he cared about being a parent.  He was old old school and made no apologies about it, and I appreciate all the pushing he did, he was right, I would appreciate it one day and understand and boy do I ever.   This world will have no mercy on you or your feelings.  If you can’t handle a couple of years of DA, you won’t be able to handle a lifetime of anything.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Yea, I'm sure you wouldn't have an opinion if someone in your family was being spoken bad about on a social media site...especially someone who has done so much for the game and so much for the young men that he has coached.  

Amen.  If I got on here every time somebody had something negative to say about DA, I would’ve been on here 24/7.  I would laugh and laugh hard at some of the names and things people would say, just don’t make damning accusations without any facts to back it up.  Hearing all the other stuff is just part of it.  I mean, this may not be a news flash to some, but I have talked my share of trash on this site and been put in my place many times as well.  Nowadays, they call it bullying, geez.

Let me tell you a story about DA you may not know. While I was editor of the Henderson Daily News, my father was diagnosed with cancer. He was in a coma the last week of his life. I was going in early and getting as much of the paper out as I could and then heading to Tyler to the hospital for the rest of the day. My sports editor told Dennis what was going on and DA gathered his coaches, shared the news with them and led a prayer. Early Friday morning, my dad passed away. DA and his brother Tommy were the first to come to my Mom’s house that morning. It wasn’t just a pop in and go, they stayed about 30 minutes. Remember, this was on a Friday morning, a game day. I’ll never forget that.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Playfor77 said:

Let me tell you a story about DA you may not know. While I was editor of the Henderson Daily News, my father was diagnosed with cancer. He was in a coma the last week of his life. I was going in early and getting as much of the paper out as I could and then heading to Tyler to the hospital for the rest of the day. My sports editor told Dennis what was going on and DA gathered his coaches, shared the news with them and led a prayer. Early Friday morning, my dad passed away. DA and his brother Tommy were the first to come to my Mom’s house that morning. It wasn’t just a pop in and go, they stayed about 30 minutes. Remember, this was on a Friday morning, a game day. I’ll never forget that.

Great story and it doesn’t surprise me and also doesn’t surprise me nobody else really knows this.  It’s genuine from him, never for show.  Very sorry for your loss 

19 hours ago, JAKEBRAKE said:

If you’d let someone run your father in law through the mud then that says a lot about you.  And show me that smoaky code.  I’ve been on this site for 15 years.  It’s not opinions I’m giving it’s facts

haHaHaHaHaHaHahA!!!!!!!! facts HahAhAhahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Down 2
  • Stinks 1

On 2/21/2018 at 12:09 PM, ALLSPORTFAN said:

I like knowing that about JAke and the balls to marry into that family... it explains a lot about the boldness of his posts and the looseness and fun he has in a Daingerfield thread during football season... also explains some of his past suspensions :lol: 

3 hours ago, sumospud said:

Doing well always love reading your trash talk even if it was against my Arp Tigers. Hope DA comes back like you said lot of gas and fire in the tank.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Spud

Well I’m glad they haven’t played lately because my tigers have been a grease fire the last few years.  Hope you’re studying warm up there 

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I like knowing that about JAke and the balls to marry into that family... it explains a lot about the boldness of his posts and the looseness and fun he has in a Daingerfield thread during football season... also explains some of his past suspensions :lol: 

Lol, yeah I’ve had a couple of those in my smoaky lifetime.