Can a small school coach make the jump to a big school?

Mr. P

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Surratt knows how to call a game with a lot of tools at his disposal. This argument that having too many options is silly, isn’t it?

I was NOT talking about Surratt.

Some coaches get overwhelmed with too many choices.

Those that follow the keep it simple stupid policy with offensive play calling are probably.......... 

Just now, playactionpass39 said:

I was NOT talking about Surratt.

Some coaches get overwhelmed with too many choices.

Those that follow the keep it simple stupid policy with offensive play calling are probably.......... 

Ok, gotcha. I thought you were trying to say Surratt theoretically at Longview running the offense with his offense could’ve been a bad thing. Sorry I misread your intent.

10 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Yep, I think he forgot to watch the games when Carthage was in the I, I-wing, I-king, I-queen, split-back, Pro-Twins, all with shifts and motions. To go along with the Spread concepts.

He has proven he does not know 1 thing about Surratt or Carthage. Now he is saying Surratt couldn't develop a QB in Longview cause of demographics. 😂😂😂. Like Carthage is the burbs. Haha. So Anti thinks camps and parents are developing QB at Carthage? Hahaha.

Anti got exactly what he wanted with this whole thing.

Whoever is saying this whole "system" thing doesn't know what they are talking about. Surratt molds the program in his image. So Carthage wasn't just running sweep left and sweep right for a 100 years before 2007? We were developing QBs before 2007? Guys there is really no argument here. I'm not saying Surratt would win 100 titles at Longview. But there is just absolutely no question who is the more "sophisticated" coach. Surratt is an offensive savant. It's like nothing you ever seen. All Anti had to do was record the Carthage game on FSSW. You would see the flawless offense on display. And you would then know there is nothing "basic spread" about it. Surratt did not run the same formation twice. The guys on the broadcast where talking about it. 

1 minute ago, playactionpass39 said:

Yep, I think he forgot to watch the games when Carthage was in the I, I-wing, I-king, I-queen, split-back, Pro-Twins, all with shifts and motions. To go along with the Spread concepts.

Telling y’all, he doesn’t really know much about Carthage, because he considers them inferior. He hasn’t paid any attention to them and it just drives him crazy that people believe small classification players and coaches are any good. He’s just got a mental block. Maybe one day he’ll get past that. A few of my coworkers used to have the exact same feelings about the Bulldogs. They’re both DFW guys who only paid attention to big schools in North Texas, and always chuckled when I’d talk about lowly 3A (at the time) Carthage. This past state championship weekend the more football versed of the two came to the CHS v KHS title game after growing to appreciate the Dawgs’ accomplishments. He told me he’d never seen such domination in a championship game or an offense as balanced and lethal as Carthage - any level.

Sorry ANTI, people are opening their minds and you’re missing the boat.

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Whoever is saying this whole "system" thing doesn't know what they are talking about. Surratt molds the program in his image. So Carthage wasn't just running sweep left and sweep right for a 100 years before 2007? We were developing QBs before 2007? Guys there is really no argument here. I'm not saying Surratt would win 100 titles at Longview. But there is just absolutely no question who is the more "sophisticated" coach. Surratt is an offensive savage. It's like nothing you ever seen. All Anti had to do was record the Carthage game on FSSW. You would see the flawless offense on display. And you would then know there is nothing "basic spread" about it. Surratt did not run the same formation twice. The guys on the broadcast where talking about it. 

YEP!!!!! I just posted something about big school DFW boys watching that game and seeing Carthage in person for the first time. His mind was blown! This guy I’m talking about is sharp, but just like ANTI, he used to have a mental block when it came to the Bulldogs. No more, he is a witness and will never again question the Bulldogs or the offensive genius of Surratt. Surratt would run circles around King in offensive game planning and development. 

Anti seriously you need to come watch some Carthage games deep in the playoffs next year. Because you are missing something special. You obviously haven't seen Carthage play a game. I know it frustrates you people saying Surratt would have won 4-5 titles at Longview. That's dumb to me too. But you really obviously don't have a clue about Carthage or Surratt. Still cracks me up "basic spread". You think we are paying 155k for "basic spread"? Man just get out more before you start trying to act like Carthage and Surratt is inferior to anyone in the state. Pound for pound best team in 2017.

13 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

He has proven he does not know 1 thing about Surratt or Carthage. Now he is saying Surratt couldn't develop a QB in Longview cause of demographics. 😂😂😂. Like Carthage is the burbs. Haha. So Anti thinks camps and parents are developing QB at Carthage? Hahaha.

His name is Anti....let that sink in just a minute

4 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

The guy said "basic spread". This thread should be locked down. Definitely up for dumbest post of the year! 

Basic spread, meaning 1 back next to the QB and 4 in the pattern. That is literally what Carthage runs majority of the time when they are in the spread.

That's what you call a basic spread package.

Do you even watch Carthage? 

Probably not, freakin clown.

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

Basic spread, meaning 1 back next to the QB and 4 in the pattern. That is literally what Carthage runs majority of the time when they are in the spread.

Ok man. You are doing nothing but showing ignorance.

15 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

This post alone proves everything about you.

Complete dumba#%!. Just like several others in this thread 

If you don't think demographics and social disparity mean anything, that's all I need to know.

Just now, ANTI said:

This post alone proves everything about you.

Complete dumba#%!. Just like several others in this thread 

If you don't think demographics and social disparity mean anything, that's all I need to know.

When talking about if Surratt could develop a QB in Longview? No I don't think that would have anything to do with it. He would develop a QB every year a any school he goes to.

i definelty think demographics and social disparity play a big part in why ETX "big schools" don't win championship. Have said it many times. But in this situation about Surratt developing a QB I don't think it matters.

Man you are just reaching for straws at anything you can find. 

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

When a team is in the double wing, does that mean they run the double wing the majority of the time when they’re in the double wing?

if you’ve watched Carthage you’d know they mix in different personnel packages, formations, etc.