Big Sandy (Wildcats) vs Clarksville RD3. 3rd Year In A Row

ScoutingReport

On 2/24/2018 at 10:13 AM, TheGodfather said:

Big Sandy can (should?) win this game. This ain’t the Clarksville of the past few years. 

They don’t have a lot of height but they are fast, scrappy, and can shoot lights out when they get hot. The soph. Pg is nice

10 hours ago, LKTiger06 said:

They don’t have a lot of height but they are fast, scrappy, and can shoot lights out when they get hot. The soph. Pg is nice

I agree. This game will come down to how well Big Sandy will handle Clarksville's pressure & limiting their second chance opportunities.

Sophomore PG is good, but disappeared in the second half versus North Hopkins. Had an awesome 1st half.

14 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Before school started this year we had to go to Clarksville for a volleyball game. Group of boys came in and one of them looked like he was Dwight Howard’s twin. Had to be 6’6”-6’7” with shoulders like Howard. What’s that kids name and is he any good. He certainly looked the part. 

that kid actually graduated last year. was a dawg on the court. won state in long and triple jump i believe soph and jr year and got second last year.

11 hours ago, 91Tiger4Life said:

Never count my Tigers out! What most people don’t realize, this is the most balanced team Cvlle has had in years. 3 players in double figures and the other 2 scored 8&9 pts. And when those 3’s start falling, it’s over!!!!!! Gonna be interesting against Muenster Friday! 

They slept on us 91 them a town boys put on a shooting clinic

• LOL! 1

This isn't the same Tiger team. I thought with all the losses to graduation, they wouldn't get back to the Region this year.

I haven't seen all their games, but this team has proved me wrong most of the year. I think the biggest difference is that in recent years they had a decided advantage inside that no one even thought about an outside shot. And, some may disagree, I think the inside guys make up for the lack of height with strength. In 2012 at the press conference following the state championship game, Aubrey King the amazing point guard for Mumford said "not only did they outshoot and outrebound us, they out strengthed us. We haven't seen that in the past several years. Maybe it has returned?

12 minutes ago, 73tigers said:

This isn't the same Tiger team. I thought with all the losses to graduation, they wouldn't get back to the Region this year.

I haven't seen all their games, but this team has proved me wrong most of the year. I think the biggest difference is that in recent years they had a decided advantage inside that no one even thought about an outside shot. And, some may disagree, I think the inside guys make up for the lack of height with strength. In 2012 at the press conference following the state championship game, Aubrey King the amazing point guard for Mumford said "not only did they outshoot and outrebound us, they out strengthed us. We haven't seen that in the past several years. Maybe it has returned?

True, & the past three years they have led their “not So well” district opponents in shooting but it usually got overlooked because of the dunking .

1 hour ago, 73tigers said:

The strength can be contributed to these guys playing football. 3/4th of the team played!