Carthage defeats Daingerfield 10-9 Homecoming 1987

CarthDawg77

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

You see that wouldn't been so random. Knocking a unbeaten streak is a feat. You should be proud now we can put the next Undefeated streak to go down next season LoL.

I seriously doubt Hendo will be snapping any 50 game streaks anytime soon...🙀......🤣

The prior season the Dawgs began the year ranked #3 in class 4a.  We played Daingerfield there that year in non-district and took a thrashing.  Because of a beatdown by lee ivory brown and his palestine wildcats the Dawgs playoff hopes came down to beating athens in athens.  The Dawgs rb fumbled the ball at the goal line when were about to score the go-ahead Td and we lost 14-10.  We missed the playoffs.  Fast forward a yr later and an unranked Dawgs team ends the Tigers win streak.

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Yeah someone probably beats us to it. We unfortunately play yall late . 

Unfortunately for you...You been around long enough to know the closer we get to christmas the odds of a lion victory keeps shrinking.  Too bad ya'll cant play us in non-district.

• LOL! 3

16 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Y'all arguely have the hardest schedule in District coming unscathed probably ain't happening

Never said we would. A loss in the 1st 5 games doesnt worry me at all, unless we get drummed by someone we should have beaten.  But how many times has that happened in last decade?  Not many. I expect a more typical Dawg season next year.  Some early losses to very worthy opponents while getting better and better each week until we get to jerryworld.  Last season was the exception, not the rule.  Heck i didnt even expect 16-0 last year.  Like i said, you've seen this movie before, and so have I.  Go Dawgs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mightyeagle said:

I don't think Dawg91 has to worry carthage wont get 50 W you got the hardware to talk big but you will get a bad year in the future

Oh man you got me shakin in my boots!  Say it aint so!  Hahaha ive said on numerous occasions i was content to win our 1st title in 08,  everything since has just been gravy.  Yes of course, eventually, our dynasty will come to an end, as they always do, but from the looks of things it aint happening anytime soon. We see #7 in the distance, no need to concern ourselves with win streaks, unless you want to strive for a 7-0 record in state title games.

• LOL! 1

Wow what a game to not remember.  Our team was considered one of the worst ever at Daingerfield and we went 9-2-1 that year.  First we lost the regular season win record tying Henderson 27-27.  Then we lost to Carthage the following week.  I believe it had been 55 regular season games since we had lost.  People would come up to me at the local DQ and tell me how bad we were.  We lost 4 games my whole career at Daingerfield.  People expected to win.

10 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

Wow what a game to not remember.  Our team was considered one of the worst ever at Daingerfield and we went 9-2-1 that year.  First we lost the regular season win record tying Henderson 27-27.  Then we lost to Carthage the following week.  I believe it had been 55 regular season games since we had lost.  People would come up to me at the local DQ and tell me how bad we were.  We lost 4 games my whole career at Daingerfield.  People expected to win.

Dang... That's rough being "that" team to break the winning streak and to get heat for it. Still, it says so much about Daingerfield and how great they were in those years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

Yeah I'm big ole 76 at Left Tackle.  I stand out because I moved and got a penalty that killed a late drive before Carthage hit the winning field goal.

Well if it makes you feel any better i dont remember the penalty just the fg i was too scared to watch.