Baseball Scores

Sportsfanatic1

On 3/3/2018 at 9:49 PM, Aggie98 said:

The Burton kid from Diana was pumping gas when I watched him yesterday. He’s not very big, but the scouts’ guns were flashing 95-97 according to a couple of folks I talked to.

He's signed with Arkansas. Heckuva player and young man. We're proud of him and our other Eagles in EagleNation. 

3 hours ago, Mykahl1981 said:

Burton was hitting maybe 86-87 but his control was a lot better than I remember it being 

I sat behind the guns.  89-94.  Not familiar with his past but he appeared to have command Friday night. Slider was dirty.  Friday was a great day/night at Driller.  Smitherman, Burton, Rodriguez.

On 3/3/2018 at 7:37 PM, DTrump said:

Not only can he hit 95-96 he can throw 3 other pitches for strikes at ANY time. Heard he's a lock top 10 draft pick.

Scott Mitchell said " he's the best pitcher he's seen in HS". He's seen a bunch.

Smitherman is good.. He was working at  85-86 the entire game against us. Beating him was a quality win for us.

The long haired kid from Carthage was 88-89 against us. His other pitches were not as good as Smithermans but he was bringing it pretty well.

On 3/3/2018 at 7:37 PM, DTrump said:

Not only can he hit 95-96 he can throw 3 other pitches for strikes at ANY time. Heard he's a lock top 10 draft pick.

Scott Mitchell said " he's the best pitcher he's seen in HS". He's seen a bunch.

Smitherman is good but not top 10 not even 1st round.  I am no expert just not seeing his name at all in any top 10 draft pick talk or potential first round chatter (other message boards and Baseball America).  He is certainly a high-quality prospect and of course it is early.  It is indeed high praise from Mitchell though because I thought his own Colby Weaver was one of the most DOMINANT pitchers I have seen in a long while.  I also know he faced Kopech in a playoff game.  Driller was packed that night.

3 hours ago, WiseGuy said:

Smitherman is good.. He was working at  85-86 the entire game against us. Beating him was a quality win for us.

The long haired kid from Carthage was 88-89 against us. His other pitches were not as good as Smithermans but he was bringing it pretty well.

We were talking about Grayson Rodriguez.

5 hours ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Kilgore lost to LE and has two loses.  Carthages only loss is to number 5 PG by one run.  We beat. LE 11-1.  So that should tell you rankings are just paper.  

And ALL were pre district games. But your right rankings are just fun to look at at this time of the year. Especially when your team is in them!

14 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Any baseball rankings are just projections. Fun to look at, encouraging if your team is on the list, but mean absolutely ZERO.

It's all about who is on the BUMP tonight.

Just like pre district games, fun to look at but mean absolutely ZERO.