Mike Waldie resigns at Daingerfield to become OC at Pearland High School...

Smoaky

On 3/4/2018 at 8:43 AM, EastTxFinest said:

Me personally... I just want the tradition back. I'm all for DA but those expectations are a long ways away imo. We need REALITY and we need a coach that can come in and win. If they don't we'll be right back with another topic on SDC about "What's wrong in Tigerland" in 2-3 years. That's a FACT that Noone can deny around here. 

We have talent but it goes back to the discipline. If they won't play 100% for who they hire. It really doesn't matter. Attitudes and lack of "hometraining" need to be addressed in these young men. I'm a realist when it comes to what we need. What we get??? That's the million dollar question...

On 3/5/2018 at 9:44 PM, Horns85 said:

Ha! Not a chance in .... 

Man i think we need to give Mason a chance. Everyone deserves a fair chance its not a second thought for me. But we can give him a shot at it. He has proved he can get the kids on track. They love this guy and will play there hearts out for him. Lets get this program back on track.Nelson is a great Coach. But he was apart of the staff that let these kids get out of control. Thanks

10 hours ago, Daingerfield78 said:

Man i think we need to give Mason a chance. Everyone deserves a fair chance its not a second thought for me. But we can give him a shot at it. He has proved he can get the kids on track. They love this guy and will play there hearts out for him. Lets get this program back on track.Nelson is a great Coach. But he was apart of the staff that let these kids get out of control. Thanks

This wasn't about Mason. Go back and reread. ETF wanted Suratt and no chance he comes to DF! ZERO! 

• Thumbs Down 1

14 hours ago, Horns85 said:

This wasn't about Mason. Go back and reread. ETF wanted Suratt and no chance he comes to DF! ZERO! 

I never said I wanted him but who the hell wouldnt... I just asked if he would as a joke Gomer.... It's way to quiet in Tigerland..... Recipe for disaster????

13 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

I never said I wanted him but who the hell wouldnt... I just asked if he would as a joke Gomer.... It's way to quiet in Tigerland..... Recipe for disaster????

And I replied to your joke Scuba Steve! 

On 3/5/2018 at 8:36 PM, EastTxFinest said:

Preciate the words of wisdom. You think Surrat would like to change colors? Lol

ETF this isn't taking it out of context! We all know that meant would Scott like to trade that Red and White in for Blue and White 

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

I always thought it was for more $$$

That's something I have no clue about.... I didn't see it coming honestly. He loved it here. He was well respected in DF. Had a great staff and took care of business 3 straight years. He was the AD/HC for only 3 years here & some don't realize that's hard to do. He should have been locked in at a very reasonable salary and these topics about High school football in Texas would be way more interesting... js

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Can't really blame Nelson for the kids getting out of control. He wasn't the Boss. 

Do you feel like we need to hire someone with no HC experience in Dfield? Is that a wise choice? I don't think so but I'm just here for the comments

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Do you feel like we need to hire someone with no HC experience in Dfield? Is that a wise choice? I don't think so but I'm just here for the comments

Don't get me wrong EFT, I'm not saying to hire the guy, I'm just saying we can't judge our kids behavior on him because he wasn't the shot caller is all. Realistically Bowman was Huggs OC and then his DC before becoming a head coach so everybody has to start somewhere. I think Mason is probably the best fit at the end of the day because he cares for the kids and would likely be here to stay, where as Nelson would likely use this job as a stepping stone just like the others in the past. I'm only defending the guy because he wasn't the boss, but just maybe he's trying to stick around and clean it up. JMO!

4 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Don't get me wrong EFT, I'm not saying to hire the guy, I'm just saying we can't judge our kids behavior on him because he wasn't the shot caller is all. Realistically Bowman was Huggs OC and then his DC before becoming a head coach so everybody has to start somewhere. I think Mason is probably the best fit at the end of the day because he cares for the kids and would likely be here to stay, where as Nelson would likely use this job as a stepping stone just like the others in the past. I'm only defending the guy because he wasn't the boss, but just maybe he's trying to stick around and clean it up. JMO!

I understand completely. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's all we have anyways unless your on the search committee. I just want what's best for the town and program. 

14 minutes ago, randomuser said:

I just don’t think Daingerfield is the job it used to be and the athletes aren’t there like the golden years. I could be wrong, just going off what my ET and Daingerfield buddies have told me. My opinion only.

The job diminished after Bowman left imo. The 2 coaches we've had wasn't as advertised imo. Trust me when I say this. The athletes are there. They've been there. 

Now attitudes and lack of discipline can sure make it look that way. It's a tough job when the expectations are high here. 

30 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

I understand completely. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's all we have anyways unless your on the search committee. I just want what's best for the town and program. 

I'm with ya ETF, I want what's best for our program too. I agree that our program has diminished since Bowman left. However let's go ahead and give Sardenia his credit. Look at the schedule he came in and played against as opposed to what Waldie just played. Sardenia still took us to the quarterfinals in 2011&2013 and State Championship game in 2012. Think about Sardenia nondistrict schedule. 

Vs Gladewater

Vs Gilmer

Vs Henderson

Vs Atlanta

Now think about Waldie. Lol 

When did you ever think of battling with Hughes Springs, Ore City, New Diana, Hooks and Dekalb? Look at our playoff opponents. We are  down now more than ever. We have the kids, we need the coaching. IMO of course!

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I'm with ya ETF, I want what's best for our program too. I agree that our program has diminished since Bowman left. However let's go ahead and give Sardenia his credit. Look at the schedule he came in and played against as opposed to what Waldie just played. Sardenia still took us to the quarterfinals in 2011&2013 and State Championship game in 2012. Think about Sardenia nondistrict schedule. 

Vs Gladewater

Vs Gilmer

Vs Henderson

Vs Atlanta

Now think about Waldie. Lol 

When did you ever think of battling with Hughes Springs, Ore City, New Diana, Hooks and Dekalb? Look at our playoff opponents. We are  down now more than ever. We have the kids, we need the coaching. IMO of course!

Sardinia did have it rough and didn't "dumb" us down as waldie did...

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

Sardinia did have it rough and didn't "dumb" us down as waldie did...

Right on! ETF since when did we start losing to teams like this? Non-District and District schedules like this and not only losing, but in some cases getting shut out. Smh. That's what happens if you only run 2 plays. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic