Mike Waldie resigns at Daingerfield to become OC at Pearland High School...

Smoaky

I agree 1000% on the "committee" or an easier way to put it.... the "yes" folks... This is ridiculous in so many ways. I've stated before I'd like the tradition to be brought back. If it's for a few years under DA and he hands the reigns down to his chosen one or aka his younger clone. And I'd be ok with that. 

BUT.... I'm not against hiring a younger PROVEN HC.. 

We've fallen down so to speak the past 3-4 years. I'm sure that's happened in every program across the country. Way past time to get back where we belong imo but maybe a turn around is in our near future. I hope so anyways. 

Let the sweepstakes begin. Go BIG or Go HOME. Make a splash Mrs Superintendent...    

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m rooting for Coach Mason. Pewitt done him wrong way back when the Dfield followed that up by not giving him a shot. Someone mentioned he gave up more points than any other DC in Tiger history. Well I’m looking at yalls schedule and they were game planning against teams they had no business playing. Maybe when enrollment was 480 but not at 290. Tom Landry couldn’t defend against that. Some Dfield posters say discipline is a problem. That problem disappears as soon as Coach Mason enters the field house. I am partial. He was very influential on me as a teenager. I think he’d be a huge influence in those young men’s lives. I’m talking way past their last snap as a Tiger. He literally goes out of his way to shop his kids around to get them the best scholarship possible. He was able to get kids help from Danbury on some scholarships. Danbury is no Daingerfield. Point is this man cares about his boys even if he can’t get another snap out of them. Great coach and even better man. I also think it’d be neat for a legend like DA to return. I’m not sure how old he is but I’m guessing 4 years tops then Tigers are looking again. It’s none of my business and I don’t know why I’m looking to improve our Morris County cousins, I just would like to see Coach Mason get the chance he deserves. Hell I may even cheer on the Tigers. That’s how much I think of him. 

He has not applied for the job.

12 hours ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

If EVERYONE in Morris Country threw in five bucks they would STILL not be in his price range.  The salary DF is going to pay unless things have changed is embarrasingly low for a program with its history and tradition.  Why do you think Traylor turned it down two years ago?  He was making a LOT more as an Assistant at Gilmer.

Coach It pays more than your assistant position, have you applied ?

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, EastTxFinest said:

3.... they had the qb roll out :)

They were incapable of learning more than four, they were worked with one on one and just could not get it.... even the four plays that was drilled on them were racked with off sides and illegal motion all season........it is what it was. :munch:

18 hours ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

If EVERYONE in Morris Country threw in five bucks they would STILL not be in his price range.  The salary DF is going to pay unless things have changed is embarrasingly low for a program with its history and tradition.  Why do you think Traylor turned it down two years ago?  He was making a LOT more as an Assistant at Gilmer.

They offered Traylor what he wanted.  He wanted a big payday for 2 assistants he was bringing with him and they couldn’t offer what they wanted.  That’s why Traylor turned us down.  

8 minutes ago, bluetiger114 said:

They offered Traylor what he wanted.  He wanted a big payday for 2 assistants he was bringing with him and they couldn’t offer what they wanted.  That’s why Traylor turned us down.  

Thanks for the factual truth  Bluetiger. it's refreshing. The two assistants would have each made more than the current AD.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m rooting for Coach Mason. Pewitt done him wrong way back when the Dfield followed that up by not giving him a shot. Someone mentioned he gave up more points than any other DC in Tiger history. Well I’m looking at yalls schedule and they were game planning against teams they had no business playing. Maybe when enrollment was 480 but not at 290. Tom Landry couldn’t defend against that. Some Dfield posters say discipline is a problem. That problem disappears as soon as Coach Mason enters the field house. I am partial. He was very influential on me as a teenager. I think he’d be a huge influence in those young men’s lives. I’m talking way past their last snap as a Tiger. He literally goes out of his way to shop his kids around to get them the best scholarship possible. He was able to get kids help from Danbury on some scholarships. Danbury is no Daingerfield. Point is this man cares about his boys even if he can’t get another snap out of them. Great coach and even better man. I also think it’d be neat for a legend like DA to return. I’m not sure how old he is but I’m guessing 4 years tops then Tigers are looking again. It’s none of my business and I don’t know why I’m looking to improve our Morris County cousins, I just would like to see Coach Mason get the chance he deserves. Hell I may even cheer on the Tigers. That’s how much I think of him. 

Why didn't we have no business plaing those teams? Go back and look at out our history. Those are teams that we played on a regular basis.  Some even was in our district.  Now I see if it was Longview, Lufkin, John Tyler or a 5A powerhouse or something. 

2 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

Why didn't we have no business plaing those teams? Go back and look at out our history. Those are teams that we played on a regular basis.  Some even was in our district.  Now I see if it was Longview, Lufkin, John Tyler or a 5A powerhouse or something. 

Talent wise, we matched up pretty good on average . As years passed, Depth began to take it's toll as we now play both ways pretty much the whole starting roster. The tempo of the game will certainly change in your opponent's favor as it progresses into the 3rd and 4th when your opponent is running new personnel in and out every other play. I certainly miss the Buckeyes, Bears and Rabbits, the atmosphere was always that of a playoff match.

23 hours ago, Crankshaft said:

They were incapable of learning more than four, they were worked with one on one and just could not get it.... even the four plays that was drilled on them were racked with off sides and illegal motion all season........it is what it was. :munch:

Incapable of learning more than 4 plays,thats not saying much about the kids. But as usual you are wrong. They practised many more plays and formations in practice. And understood the plays. They were just not used in the games, for what reason,I don't know  

• LOL! 1

7 hours ago, Crankshaft said:

Interviews start Monday. Word in the street ... DA was seen in Title town yesterday talking to a Realtor.

100% false.  Da could be found sitting on his patio watching a roof getting put on his shop and watching basketball.  Fake news 

9 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Probably as good as you can get unfortunately I kinda wish Jake was wrong in this instance

We'll see soon enough.... just wish they'd of started interviewing when they found out but they may have "someone" in mind. It's real quiet this go around. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. I'm just impatient tho lol

• Mr. P locked this topic