Mike Waldie resigns at Daingerfield to become OC at Pearland High School...

Smoaky

10 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Softball/baseball suffer cause virtually no local youth program. Is that because not enough parental involvement? Where do they play if the do play? Baseball won 2 games in 2 years!

HS and Hooks both whipping this year in boys track. Girls track coach should have both programs IMO. 

🏀 no state champ or final 4 appearance in 20 years under same coach with level of talent is a :headbang: 

Now we agree

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Softball/baseball suffer cause virtually no local youth program. Is that because not enough parental involvement? Where do they play if the do play? Baseball won 2 games in 2 years!

HS and Hooks both whipping this year in boys track. Girls track coach should have both programs IMO. 

🏀 no state champ or final 4 appearance in 20 years under same coach with level of talent is a :headbang: 

SPOT ON...

1 hour ago, BoHogg said:

Well the president of the local youth program is the same one that's been riding around in the back of the ole Green chevy !

57 minutes ago, Crankshaft said:

Well here is another one for you to ponder, That 20 yr B ball coach is on the AD search& recommendation committee

55 minutes ago, Crankshaft said:

Now if you think he might pick someone that would bring a new B ball coach in....you on crack.

Well Crank, I ponder this🤔.Dfield has about a 75% win record in basketball yearly and makes the playoffs after getting a late start yearly and playing with the same players that played on the football team. If winning Championships in order to retain a job was a requirement then Scott Surratt, Jeff Traylor, Barry Bowman and a few others would be the only coaches employed.  Dennis Alexander, Stan Williams, McCamey, Randy McFarland, Randall Hugg, Barry Bowman, Aric Sardenia, and Waldie didn't keep him out of favoritism, they kept him because he's good at what he does. He's on the search committee for that reason. He hasn't won a Championship, however he's played on one, and that makes him a champion. Championship teams usually are won by inner city schools that only focus on basketball and if my memory serves me correctly we've competed with a few of those through the years when we made it deep into the playoffs. So Crank, other than Clarksville(about 15 yrs ago) name me a East Texas school that has won a basketball State Championship?

Oh and I forgot about Avinger. Still ability to focus on Basketball.

12 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well Crank, I ponder this🤔.Dfield has about a 75% win record in basketball yearly and makes the playoffs after getting a late start yearly and playing with the same players that played on the football team. If winning Championships in order to retain a job was a requirement then Scott Surratt, Jeff Traylor, Barry Bowman and a few others would be the only coaches employed.  Dennis Alexander, Stan Williams, McCamey, Randy McFarland, Randall Hugg, Barry Bowman, Aric Sardenia, and Waldie didn't keep him out of favoritism, they kept him because he's good at what he does. He's on the search committee for that reason. He hasn't won a Championship, however he's played on one, and that makes him a champion. Championship teams usually are won by inner city schools that only focus on basketball and if my memory serves me correctly we've competed with a few of those through the years when we made it deep into the playoffs. So Crank, other than Clarksville(about 15 yrs ago) name me a East Texas school that has won a basketball State Championship?

Oh and I forgot about Avinger. Still ability to focus on Basketball.

Avinger has tennis ;)

3 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

If that's the case your list should be a whole lot longer than White Oak, Tenaha, Mr. Vernon and Clarksville. 

No my list would be longer but East Texas is historically weak in hoops. Has nothing to do with inner city.

11 minutes ago, SwipeRight said:

White Oak, back to back hoops champs and made good football runs

Tenaha has gotten to state in both, Mt Vernon made it to state this year!

and Clarksville was 2010

3 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

White Oak back to back

Troup back to back

Laneville

Arp

Tenaha

Longview

Let's not get lost here. The point was WON a State Championship, not who went. Tatum went. Unfair comparison. Clarksville, White Oak won Avinger won. When I say inner city that means Dallas ISD. Madison and all those top basketball programs are now 3A.

4 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Let's not get lost here. The point was WON a State Championship, not who went. Tatum went. Unfair comparison. Clarksville, White Oak won Avinger won. When I say inner city that means Dallas ISD. Madison and all those top basketball programs are now 3A.

His post said champs or final 4.

how many times has Daingerfield lost to Madison in playoffs?

Other dominate DISD schools are not 3A.

1 hour ago, SwipeRight said:

His post said champs or final 4.

how many times has Daingerfield lost to Madison in playoffs?

Other dominate DISD schools are not 3A.

His post said Championship or Final 4 appearance. 

My reply was name a Coach that has achieved that. (I said Championships are USUALLY won by inner city schools, not ONLY won by inner city)

You named about 4😂😂. (Out of 20 yrs of coaching)

I think everybody on Smokey got the point! If winning Championships or making the final four was a requirement to keep a job then lots of schools would be without coaches. That's it and that's all. Now then, let's get back to this AD coach search!

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

Why take away from a school due to its size? Just curious

Well not really taking away because of size, but if you have only a couple of sports for your kids to practice year round it allows more time to dedicate to that one sport. Like for instance, if you have a job as a janitor and you only clean toilets, well naturally your toilets would look better than a janitor that went around and does all janitorial duties because you have time to dedicate to just cleaning toilets, and that sir would make you Toilet King!!!(similar to State Champion)Does that make sense?

7 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well not really taking away because of size, but if you have only a couple of sports for your kids to practice year round it allows more time to dedicate to that one sport. Like for instance, if you have a job as a janitor and you only clean toilets, well naturally your toilets would look better than a janitor that went around and does all janitorial duties because you have time to dedicate to just cleaning toilets! Does that make sense?

Problem with Daingerfield across the board is making excuses. And you know what they say about excuses right. 

3 minutes ago, FishinBM said:

Problem with Daingerfield across the board is making excuses. And you know what they say about excuses right. 

Sure do FishinBM, but guess what when you point fingers you got 4 pointing right back at ya! I love my Tigers, but some talk without thinking.

1 minute ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Sure do FishinBM, but guess what when you point fingers you got 4 pointing right back at ya! I love my Tigers, but some talk without thinking.

Ohhh that’s a good one with the finger pointing thing. And it’s relevant here all the way around. Most posters on here aren’t trying to point fingers to say whose at fault they are just saying they want it fixed so Daingerfield can get back on track. 

1 hour ago, FishinBM said:

Ohhh that’s a good one with the finger pointing thing. And it’s relevant here all the way around. Most posters on here aren’t trying to point fingers to say whose at fault they are just saying they want it fixed so Daingerfield can get back on track. 

No finger pointing at all. I've said 1000 times what I truly want. Don't read into all the bs some of us say on here. We're here for entertainment

• Mr. P locked this topic