Mike Waldie resigns at Daingerfield to become OC at Pearland High School...

Smoaky

See if the banker can get Hughes Springs back on the schedule.  If the guy in the Camry is who I think it is rest assured we are glad he traded in what little red and black he had for the blue and white.   Tough time for the Tigers especially when this guy has become the face of the community. 

41 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

The new coach. It sounded like they made a selection. 

Nobody has it yet. It's down to 2 but was supposed to be 3 that go in front of the school board for a vote. The sup only recommended 2 to go to the SB and the school board was promised 3 applicants in writing by the superintendent. 

What makes matters worse is that some people are letting OUTSIDE people influence their choices. 

This is why people are mad and outraged at the higher ups. I'm not sugar coating anything anymore about this situation. It's a Freaking TRAIN WRECK. I've heard and read all the comments on Fb and SDC and Noone wants more for this town than myself. I love my town and I'm sick and tired of seeing it fall apart. It's not all the schools fault and let's make that clear. ALOT comes from these kids surroundings. We need what's best to better our young men and women of our future. It's an epidemic ladies and gentlemen. It is contagious. Bad seeds have been planted all over and we need to try and fix this. 

2 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Nobody has it yet. It's down to 2 but was supposed to be 3 that go in front of the school board for a vote. The sup only recommended 2 to go to the SB and the school board was promised 3 applicants in writing by the superintendent. 

What makes matters worse is that some people are letting OUTSIDE people influence their choices. 

This is why people are mad and outraged at the higher ups. I'm not sugar coating anything anymore about this situation. It's a Freaking TRAIN WRECK. I've heard and read all the comments on Fb and SDC and Noone wants more for this town than myself. I love my town and I'm sick and tired of seeing it fall apart. It's not all the schools fault and let's make that clear. ALOT comes from these kids surroundings. We need what's best to better our young men and women of our future. It's an epidemic ladies and gentlemen. It is contagious. Bad seeds have been planted all over and we need to try and fix this. 

Heard from a good source that we have become a laughing stock at this point in coaching circles around the state.  I do not know who is going in front of the board, but I do have a very good idea that none of them are qualified.  It is very sad, I know that there are a huge number of people who have been waiting on this group of kids to get to high school together, a group that really loves the game and just need an experienced coaching staff to push them to the next level.  This group of people are going to be very upset if we just stay with the same old staff less the AD.  What the Superintendent, the board, the committee, and the so called couch(car) QB's are loosing the rest of the town and the kids with their selfish take the easy road ways.  The people have to step in and fix this, the vote will not help because no one is apposed this time.  The kids deserve MORE!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 10:18 AM, lloyd45 said:

It’s just amazing to me that dfield would have a guy who’s getting drunk and in bar fights (he lost by the way) at a coaches clinic in contention. Just so lol and embarrassing. That van ride home had to be awkward af. 

Really, a drunken bar fight? If it was a coaches clinic it was probably against another coach and who knows the reason why.(who cares if he lost). None of us are angels, and if you don't believe me take your shovel and start digging up history on some of our past Tiger coaches. Not that I have a problem with it because I don't, but point is we all have our faults. As far as qualifications are concerned, every Head Coach has to start from somewhere, they were somebodies coordinator. If you don't like this guy don't sugar coat it, spit it out and say why. The next 5 yrs will be filled with talent for the Tigers, and almost impossible for teams in our district and size to match. Maybe this guy will be the one that takes us there.

12 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Really, a drunken bar fight? If it was a coaches clinic it was probably against another coach and who knows the reason why.(who cares if he lost). None of us are angels, and if you don't believe me take your little shovel and start digging up history on some of our past Tiger coaches. Not that I have a problem with it because I don't, but point is we all have our faults. As far as qualifications are concerned, every Head Coach has to start from somewhere, they were somebodies coordinator. If you don't like this guy don't sugar coat it, spit it out and say why. The next 5 yrs will be filled with talent for the Tigers, and almost impossible for teams in our district and size to match. Maybe this guy can get can get us there.

Yes was with another coach. The other coach wouldn’t drive him to the bar that closed at 2am. Told him when he gets the job he’s firing his . Pure class. Who id want leading young men. What a joke. 

14 minutes ago, lloyd45 said:

Yes was with another coach. The other coach wouldn’t drive him to the bar that closed at 2am. Told him when he gets the job he’s firing his . Pure class. Who id want leading young men. What a joke. 

Sadly that’s the same story I heard. Told the coach he is the boss and his is fired. And it all happened in front of the current AD at the time. 

31 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Whos the "current" AD

Current at the time it happened is what I was told. So Waldie. He apparently was already telling people he was the boss infront of Waldie before he resigned. He was that confident that Duke could keep his word and get him the job. With that being said hats off to duke for really running the town. I guess he was right no one making decisions would dare go against him. 

2 minutes ago, FishinBM said:

Current at the time it happened is what I was told. So Waldie. He apparently was already telling people he was the boss infront of Waldie before he resigned. He was that confident that Duke could keep his word and get him the job. With that being said hats off to duke for really running the town. I guess he was right no one making decisions would dare go against him. 

How is it that he's running df exactly? I haven't seen it first hand tho. Obviously you and a few others have. I've spoke with him personally and he's defended his case to me. I can't tell who's running what because there's so many angles and difference of opinions. I know where I stand. I can't control anything on this aspect. I know the jokes getting old....

So, a coach who is a finalist got drunk in a bar and got his #### whipped by another coach on staff? And said coach who was enebriated told that coach that whipped him that he was going to fire him? Both were assistants and the HC at the time witnessed this incident? Sounds like most football staffs everywhere🤷‍♂️DA would have whipped both of them and then fire them.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

So the coaches that fought were both on Dfields staff? 

Yep, with other assistants there to witness.  It’s easily verifiable and the supt knew all of it.  Funny how the holier than thou card is played when talking about Dennis but they’re pushing a train wreck for the job.  People need to do their due diligence on this guy, I promise you won’t like what you find.  

33 minutes ago, JAKEBRAKE said:

Yep, with other assistants there to witness.  It’s easily verifiable and the supt knew all of it.  Funny how the holier than thou card is played when talking about Dennis but they’re pushing a train wreck for the job.  People need to do their due diligence on this guy, I promise you won’t like what you find.  

she is accustomed too heavy drinking as just a normal daily thing.:munch:

• LOL! 1

45 minutes ago, JAKEBRAKE said:

Seems like Waldie should have/ or had this guy reprimanded for that behavior,  especially with having witnesses. 

• Stinks 1

24 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Seems like Waldie should have/ or had this guy reprimanded for that behavior,  especially with having witnesses. 

Just maybe he did ask for it and just fell on dead ears......just saying !...............................................................The Truth will find light.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Mr. P locked this topic