Mike Waldie resigns at Daingerfield to become OC at Pearland High School...

Smoaky

25 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

It is the top two chosen and why they were chosen and whether or not they are qualified or best qualified.  Trust me it will all come out eventually and the truth will set a few people free.

So this goes back to the choices of the committee?

3 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

This is a ludicrous statement.  Not a knock on Horn, by all means, he's a great coach.  But he didn't build anything.  He was welcomed into a great situation with a Regional powerhouse already developed.

I sincerely hope he finds the better job that he is looking for since he so dearly wants out of Tenaha.  

Is there reasons why he wants out? Just curious

1 hour ago, DontKnowMuch said:

I'm not trying to be controversial here, but I am genuinely curious about how did they try to force power down everyone's throats?  I have heard information which directly contradicts what is being posted here.  For instance, I have heard outside of this forum that the school board president requested the top 2, not the top 3.  Inside the forum we have heard it said that the superintendent manipulated it to only be the top 2.  I'm curious which one is correct and how anyone who wasn't there would know this information.  Again, this is what I have heard as I was not there to see or hear it myself.

Since you're hearing certain things and I'm hearing certain things. Sounds like there's a bunch of things going on and we're only getting the side we see or hear. How about we collaborate and figure it out for the committee. Sounds easy lol.... seriously your debating your side and some debate theirs. It's a mess and I wish it fixed sooner than later. I've heard from a few members of the SB that want answers to why there is only 2 when they were promised in writing by the Boss. The other stuff about the Chevy and the fat man I've circled around that. I was exposed 2 years ago on here. I know them personally and I don't see anything they've done to be wrong. Haven't really seen any new people running a town but I'm not on the inside. I'm on the outside looking in....

24 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

This is a ludicrous statement.  Not a knock on Horn, by all means, he's a great coach.  But he didn't build anything.  He was welcomed into a great situation with a Regional powerhouse already developed.

I sincerely hope he finds the better job that he is looking for since he so dearly wants out of Tenaha.  

I agree that the powerhouse was already built, and that he is a great coach. I also think he’s a perfect fit for Daingerfield. They were dominant under Bowman, who preaches defense first. Horn has the same philosophy. Also, having spent three years in Tenaha, he knows how to deal with unrealistic expectations. 

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I agree that the powerhouse was already built, and that he is a great coach. I also think he’s a perfect fit for Daingerfield. They were dominant under Bowman, who preaches defense first. Horn has the same philosophy. Also, having spent three years in Tenaha, he knows how to deal with unrealistic expectations. 

Also he doesn't have to build a powerhouse in Daingerfield. After Bowman left, Sardenia came in and had first a quarterfinal(2011), State Championship appearance(2012)Quaterfinal(2013) finishes. The last couple of years have been 7-5 seasons, but good years are coming for the Tigers.

26 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Is there reasons why he wants out? Just curious

There are primarily three reasons successful coaches leave their current position:

1. More Money

2. Better  Facilities (with equal money and equal athletes)

3. The cupboard is bare (running out of athletes)

1 minute ago, Greezychef said:

In the 3 years he was here none of those expectations were unrealistic considering the talent on the field.  

Year 1: compete, Year 2: let's win the region Year 3: let' go to state.  What was unrealistic about any of that? He met expectations.  

I was actually referring to the athletic advisory board that meets in the south end of the home stands on Friday night. 

5 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

And that same "board" will tell you, Since horns been here: Our kids are more disciplined,  our youth programs have been given the best "hand me downs" EVER in their history, if kids are giving parents trouble at home then they call horn and he "fixes" it at school, and athletic participation is at an all time high.  

As much as I know, he is not being "forced" out by the people of the town.  Last season I FIRMLY believe that he won over most of the negative talkers, myself included.  

Sounds like a good fit for Daingerfield 

34 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Absolutely.  

If he's not committed,  then that's fine with me.  People may forget but Ward left us in bad shape because he left for Harleton during the summer,  we scrambled to find a replacement.  Horn left Brady,  which he had just joined in the middle of the previous year also after leaving Hubbard abruptly.  

So if he's going, then go.  That way it leaves Tenaha in a much better position to hire our next coach.

A man looking for a job in a larger classification, with more money, isn't a guy who is not committed. It's a guy looking to better himself and his family, just as you are. Teneha is a great job but not a long term job for anyone. It will always be a place where guys make their name, then move on to the next one. Instead of dusting Horn on the way out, try thanking him for what he has done there.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Absolutely.  

If he's not committed,  then that's fine with me.  People may forget but Ward left us in bad shape because he left for Harleton during the summer,  we scrambled to find a replacement.  Horn left Brady,  which he had just joined in the middle of the previous year also after leaving Hubbard abruptly.  

So if he's going, then go.  That way it leaves Tenaha in a much better position to hire our next coach.

Nature of the beast. Can’t be so sensitive. Few coaches stay forever in one place. Most coaches are trying to climb the ladder. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Here is my last post on the subject.  I think y'all are looking for something that isn' there.  In no way am I upset that Horn would leave.  I look at it positively. He wants to advance,  that's completely fine.  I have done nothing but compliment the man and point out his many positive attributes.  I have not intentionally "dusted" him in any way.  

I would like for him to leave so that our coaching search could begin.  Is that being "sensitive" or sensible?

Good luck Dfield.  

I understand completely.... some only look at it from 1 view. Good luck with yalls search.

• Mr. P locked this topic