The Smoakhouse Forums

Mike Waldie resigns at Daingerfield to become OC at Pearland High School...

1 hour ago, Crankshaft said:

Notice I said you won't officially be able to use your 1st amendment right, Now you can still use it,  but you also might get a hot and cot.  ...And some of us might just use that injustice to exercise our 1st amendment rights and dust off our Domino skills and smack talk for the night... a lot of us still have our names scratched into the table....:airquote:

Naw our generation had to replace those tables lol.... THAT community service ole dog was talking about the other day lol

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know decker reads smoaky and probably wouldn’t like you putting his name out there like that, true or not.  With all the support that’s been generated for the other guy, I don’t think he’d like si

Interviews start Monday. Word in the street ... DA was seen in Title town yesterday talking to a Realtor.

Daingerfield is a hard-nosed town and needs a hard nosed coach.  Barry Bowman didn't take #### off of any of those kids.  He didn't take it from his coaches either.  Daingerfield won with him.  Hugg b

Posted Images

The meeting is open to the public....... keeping it on the real----The nation needs your Peaceful presence at the meeting in silent support of Dennis Alexander.

6 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Isn’t the Duke guy a mustang? How the hell is a mustang running Daingerfield? WTH is going on south of Rocky Branch fellas?

Because we got a supt that is dumb as a sack of rocks, Bless her Heart, I honestly am beginning to wonder if she even knows she was manipulated like a pig with a ring in it's nose.

• Thumbs Down 1
8 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Isn’t the Duke guy a mustang? How the hell is a mustang running Daingerfield? WTH is going on south of Rocky Branch fellas?

Yes a mustang but his wife is sitting in the DF high school and he is planning on running for school board.  Nelson says he is all about the boys and team.  Last time I checked, tearing apart a program from the inside out isn't for anyone but themselves.  GREED on both their parts!

• Thanks 1

ESPN 30 for 30 

Presents: Danger in the Field.

What if I told you a legendary East Texas football town. Had it all until...

• Like 3

I have read most of the posts on this forum and some strange patterns seem to have emerged.  Early on there were posters listing their top head coaches for the job from other schools, which is not uncommon for a thread like this.  Soon enough DA posts started showing up which is also not unusual when there is a HC job open at Daingerfield.  Then the current coaching staff bashing started coming up, again which is not unusual in a topic such as this.  And then, as usual, the bashing of the administration and school board began to show up.  So it seems to me this began as just a normal thread.

However, the personal attacks on people of the community have been extremely harsh.  The "fieldhouse man" attacks are some of the most disturbing to me because that man is one of the best men to have ever lived around Daingerfield.  I mean even to the point of one poster insinuating he is going incognito for not driving his classic truck around but instead opting for the camry which was his deceased wife's car.  The same one he has been driving pretty regularly since her death is ridiculous to me.  The accusations that the "little fat man" is running the show?  The remarks that the superintendent is just looking out for her own agenda and personal gain?  What personal gain could come from this for the superintendent?

I'm also confused by the posts of how dumb she is being led around by the manipulators, while claiming she is the one manipulating the selection committee, the school board and the entire town.  Which one is it?  Or, is it the personal agenda of some of the posters on here who are looking out for their own wants or who may bitter from past decisions?  

Whoever the administration and school board decide to hire, I am behind them 100% and will trust their decision even if I don't agree with it.  We always need to remember those actually playing the game on Friday nights are just kids and they deserve the support of the Daingerfield fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, KarnackKing said:

Not the first East Texas Town, won't be the last. 

Almost no other east Texas town has the history attached to it. Can’t compare Daingerfield with the likes of NB or QC. 

When you bury your head in the sand and expect other people to make all of the decisions without any direction from the majority, then you get what we have in America today division.  Who truly has the kids best interest at heart, that is the person that I want, and I do not feel like any of those people were truly given a chance.  I want to see someone that is willing to put the kids first, their own agenda last, and not only teach these kids football, but prepare them for their next journey in life and I am not sure that person will be in the meeting Wednesday night.  If I am wrong someone please set me straight, I want to believe that all of this mess is not right and that I am from a town and school that truly cares about the pride in the Kids, School, and Town.  Someone please tell me that everything that I have heard, seen, and read is just a bunch of propaganda, I do not want to believe it, but from the outside it sure looks bunch of selfish agenda seeking mess.  

1 hour ago, KarnackKing said:

Athletically, no way. D'field has had some amazing success. But when comparing school boards, many are in a tie for dead last. 

Well I can’t argue with that King lmao. 

I don't necessarily think the school board is to blame for the discussion at hand here. I think they're prepared to take action against this if the info I've gathered is correct. Atleast a few are. 

I'm all for what's best for the kids and community. I'll still be there under the Friday night lights. I'll still bleed blue & I'll still be on SDC yapping away unlike all the new posters that are only logging in to defend their opinion. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DontKnowMuch said:

I have read most of the posts on this forum and some strange patterns seem to have emerged.  Early on there were posters listing their top head coaches for the job from other schools, which is not uncommon for a thread like this.  Soon enough DA posts started showing up which is also not unusual when there is a HC job open at Daingerfield.  Then the current coaching staff bashing started coming up, again which is not unusual in a topic such as this.  And then, as usual, the bashing of the administration and school board began to show up.  So it seems to me this began as just a normal thread.

However, the personal attacks on people of the community have been extremely harsh.  The "fieldhouse man" attacks are some of the most disturbing to me because that man is one of the best men to have ever lived around Daingerfield.  I mean even to the point of one poster insinuating he is going incognito for not driving his classic truck around but instead opting for the camry which was his deceased wife's car.  The same one he has been driving pretty regularly since her death is ridiculous to me.  The accusations that the "little fat man" is running the show?  The remarks that the superintendent is just looking out for her own agenda and personal gain?  What personal gain could come from this for the superintendent?

I'm also confused by the posts of how dumb she is being led around by the manipulators, while claiming she is the one manipulating the selection committee, the school board and the entire town.  Which one is it?  Or, is it the personal agenda of some of the posters on here who are looking out for their own wants or who may bitter from past decisions?  

Whoever the administration and school board decide to hire, I am behind them 100% and will trust their decision even if I don't agree with it.  We always need to remember those actually playing the game on Friday nights are just kids and they deserve the support of the Daingerfield fans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, HJR7 said:

ESPN 30 for 30 Presents: Danger in the Field.

What if I told you a legendary East Texas football town. Had it all until...

giphy.webp9

39 minutes ago, BunzT said:

I was just wondering how many pages this would be if only the people that paid taxes in DLS ISD could comment. Sure would cut down on the lip service. 

It would also cut down on the entertainment value. 

• Haha 2
  • LOL locked this topic