👤 The dark side of A.I.

RETIREDFAN1

Funny thing is, how many people watch those dystopian future shows and mock them. "Psh! Yeah right, so unrealistic. People wouldn't just let AI take over." 

Meanwhile we're geeking out because "Siri" and "Alexa" can do Google searches for us, and recommend movies and restaurants we might like. 

Wake up sheeple! :D 

• LOL! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a great article about this about 6 months ago.  Wish I'd kept it.  Based on my receding memory, their main concern about what might initiate the AI takeover was this:. As AI's are mass produced, and are given increased ability, the thought is, their prime directive will be to protect humans.  It's a very short trip from "protect humans" to the realization that the greatest threat to humans, is other humans, ergo, eliminate humans to protect humanity.  I'm no rocket scientist, but I see the logic.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Saw a great article about this about 6 months ago.  Wish I'd kept it.  Based on my receding memory, their main concern about what might initiate the AI takeover was this:. As AI's are mass produced, and are given increased ability, the thought is, their prime directive will be to protect humans.  It's a very short trip from "protect humans" to the realization that the greatest threat to humans, is other humans, ergo, eliminate humans to protect humanity.  I'm no rocket scientist, but I see the logic.

8a-tin-foil-hat-radiation-mind-control-518371328.jpg

2 hours ago, Greezychef said:

I know.  But when you watch 2 different  AI'S talk to each other and learn from each other you have wonder if it's only a matter of time. 

And according to a growing number of people true AI already exists.  I will not post it's name here though.  

th?id=OIP.C9Q2Yc6EWfKoPV6Sv3-aTQHaEK&pid=15.1&P=0&w=313&h=177

3 hours ago, Greezychef said:

I know.  But when you watch 2 different  AI'S talk to each other and learn from each other you have wonder if it's only a matter of time. 

And according to a growing number of people true AI already exists.  I will not post it's name here though.  

Scared of it......:rofl:

57 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

To be a member of this site don't you have to prove "I am not a robot"?

An emergent AI could get by that easier than most of us can......I still have trouble getting all the store fronts......lol......

• Mr. P changed the title to 👤 The dark side of A.I.