Diets

KirtFalcon

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on a "see food" diet. I see food, I eat it.

;-)

But seriously, the phrase "on a diet" is a misnomer. You're always "on a diet", when you consider that your "diet" is simply what you eat. So you're always "on a diet", it just matters what kind of "diet" you're on.

15 minutes ago, AKA said:

Right now I'm on a system where I try to burn more calories than I eat. All I have to do is run 100 miles per day.  :woot: 

That is the best way to lose weight.  The problem is that it’s almost impossible to do on a Texas diet :lol: 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

That is the best way to lose weight.  The problem is that it’s almost impossible to do on a Texas diet :lol: 

The missus is on Keto and has been losing weight like crazy. I can't do Keto (love carbs too much) so I'm just lifting and running more. I'm liking the results. 

Weighed 297 on April 28, 2017..... Weigh 211 on March 19, 2018

Breakfast: McDonald's Sausage Biscuit, Apple

Lunch: Bag of Lance Peanut Butter Crackers

Supper: Hamburger along with a Lettuce Sandwich for a snack

Drink water or sugar free koolade liberally all day.

Exercise for 60+ minutes at 65% VO2..........

I can have a Blizzard once a week, and I eat Whataburger for supper on Fridays........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I stay in the 1200-1500 calories a day range. I am better about working out during the summer, when I hit the gym 3-4 days a week and run about 15 miles in a week. The school year is much tougher with me hitting the gym 1-2 times and only 5-8 miles running. Plus, food choices aren't as good during the school year...

I've gone from 285 to 210 since summer 2016...I bottomed out at 195 and need to get back there...

I was up to 228 ... the most I have ever weighed a couple of years ago ... my diet wasn't really that bad except for drinking a ton of Dr Peppers which is my downfall ... I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit  ...  I am type II diabetic and my doctor told me to stop drinking the Dr peppers and cut down on milk, bread ... basically sugars and carbs ... I stopped (almost) drinking the Dr Peppers and switched to low carb bread and other foods and within a few months I was down to 196 ... A few months ago I started drinking more Dr Peppers than I should again and I am up to about 205  ... If I could totally go cold turkey and stop drinking the Dr Peppers I'm pretty sure I could lose down to where I really need to be .. 175-180 ... I am more physically active since I retired and am outside and on my feet a lot more than when I was working indoors .... I am like a crack addict with Dr Peppers .... 

2 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I can have a Blizzard once a week, and I eat Whataburger for supper on Fridays........

Careful drinkin’ that koolaide, Colmesy....😜👌

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

As I've gotten older, like many folks, my balance is getting bad.  I hope next time we meet I don't fall on your lil whimpy behind.  You'll be in the ICU.  :rofl:

BTW, congrats on the weight loss.  And shame on you for making Big, Muscular, people like me feel bad..

• LOL! 1