I got a kick out of the national poll during the 2016 election. They had Trump losing and some were badly off and some was close those that was close nailed it but they had the wrong winner. The popular vote was Clinton's, the electoral college was Trumps. 

Jeff Sessions -- Ninja or Nincompoop?

Conventional wisdom, as shaped by the mainstream media, is becoming more and more schizophrenic. President Trump is a Russian stooge, doing Putin’s bidding, yet he is reigniting the cold war via new Russian sanctions. His White House is in chaos, yet the left is apoplectic over his barrage of policy initiatives. Special Counsel Robert Mueller is shooting blanks and at the same time is circling the Oval Office, ready to pounce and indict.

Then there is Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Lurking in the weeds, moving with stealth and deception like a ninja. Or playing Rip Van Winkle, taking a nap, ignoring the waves of corruption engulfing the DOJ and FBI. Which is it?

Let’s look at the latter scenario first. That Jeff Sessions, in the view of his boss, is Mr. Magoo. Trump also described Sessions as “beleaguered.” Now almost 14 months into the Trump presidency, the evidence of massive corruption in the Obama DOJ and FBI is piling up. As outlined on these and other pages, the Obama administration attempted to prevent Trump’s election. Having failed, it began a new effort to undermine and destroy his presidency via illegal wiretaps, leaks, misleading the FISA court, and pushing the bogus Russian collusion narrative.

Trump tweeted his displeasure with his AG and the OIG, publicly criticizing their lack of action and political bias.

204636_5_.png

Each week reveals new revelations. The latest being FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe leaking investigation details to journalists, all without consequence or accountability, while Michael Flynn is indicted for misstating a minor detail to the FBI.

It’s not only Trump noticing Session’s ineptitude. Fox Business host Lou Dobbs tweeted, “Sessions has fallen ill, he's incapacitated in some fashion, or he's been coopted or captured: to preserve any dignity, for the good of the country he needs to resign.” This after when Sessions was questioned by House investigators, he constantly deferred to his deputy, Rod Rosenstein. The same Rosenstein who approved FISA warrant requests to spy on Carter Page, and by extension, the Trump campaign.

GOP Rep Matt Gaetz, in the thick of the House investigation also weighed in, saying, “If Jeff Sessions does not appoint a second special counsel, then we need a new Attorney General.” Gaetz is concerned that even if the OIG or Congress finds evidence of wrongdoing, it’s the DOJ that will need to do the prosecuting. Congress does not have that power and all evidence points to sleepy Jeff Sessions oblivious to the corruption in his own agency.

Other members of Congress, such as Trump supporters Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows have called on Sessions to resign, saying that, “By recusing himself from the FBI’s investigation into Russia’s alleged interference in the United States election, Sessions has lost control, allowing for a leaky and unnecessarily overdrawn, partisan investigation.”

All painting the picture of an inept Mr. Magoo as Attorney General, letting the lunatics run the asylum, doing a grave disservice to his president and the country.

204637_5_.png

Now the opposite scenario, that AG Sessions is indeed a ninja, working behind the scenes to drain the swamp, but doing it, out of necessity, quietly yet methodically.

What is Sessions’résumé? 12 years as a U.S. Attorney, two years as Alabama AG, three terms as a conservative U.S. senator, one of the earliest supporters of candidate Trump. Nearly 30 years navigating the swamp through a solid conservative lens. To say that he doesn’t understand current events or the significance of his role in all of this is hard to fathom.

Trump is no fool. And he doesn’t suffer fools either. Watch speeches or interviews from decades ago and Trump’s core beliefs have changed little. He has spoken constantly of the swamp, fighting the establishment of the media, Democrats, and even his own party. Why would Trump tolerate an inept AG, rather than uttering his famous, “You’re fired!”

Jeff Sessions offered to resign in September of last year, and before that in June. If Trump was so displeased, he could have accepted Sessions’ resignation. But he didn’t. What if this is all a grand charade? A deception to keep his enemies off guard?

As Thomas Lifson at American Thinker and Vachel Lindsay on Twitter have outlined, Trump and Sessions may be staging their own reality show, keeping the media and members of Congress barking up the wrong tree. A grand but necessary deception in order for the swamp to be drained effectively.

Trump may well be dispelling any conception that Sessions or OIG Horowitz are Trump stooges by publicly berating them. Repeatedly. So when the OIG report comes out, Sessions has no political restraints against unleashing the DOJ on the DOJ/FBI corruptocrats.

Trump understands what he is up against. As the old saying goes, when you try to kill the king, you had better not miss. In this case the king is the deep state, powerful, well entrenched, tentacles everywhere. Picking off one bad actor at a time may not work, as the beast can regrow its tentacles. Cutting off the head is the only way to kill the beast.

Rep. Devin Nunes, at the cutting edge of this investigation, perhaps gave a hint at the grand strategy. Unlike his colleagues, piling on Sessions and calling for his resignation, Nunes, “Broke with President Trump and said he welcomes Attorney General Jeff Sessions' announcement that the Justice Department's inspector general would investigate alleged abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.”

Nunes has been a pit bull investigating deep state abuses. Has he suddenly gone soft by giving Sessions and the OIG his full support? Or is he lifting the curtain on Trump and Sessions’ grand deception?

So, which is it? Is Jeff Sessions a doddering dolt, oblivious to the fact that his own agency is on fire, burning with the flames of corruption? A nincompoop?

Or is this a grand deception, Trump and one of his earliest supporters, working stealthily beyond the public eye, getting their ducks in a row before unleashing The Storm? A ninja?

When Trump secured the GOP nomination, he told supporters, “I understand the responsibility of carrying the mantle and I will never ever let you down.” He hasn’t broken his promise yet.

Readers will have to form their own opinions. As Qanon likes to say, “Expand your thinking.” Are the talking heads on CNN and Fox News thoughtful analysts or are they pushing a preconceived agenda for ratings and acclaim within their beltway echo chamber? Is President Trump another vacuous politician or is he a brilliant strategist, following through on his promises, always several steps ahead of his detractors?

This should play out over the coming weeks and months. Boom or bust.

Good article ... Sessions has been the biggest disappointment by far since President Trump was elected.  He is far too timid and seems scared to death to do his job.  Maybe he is afraid the Clintons will have him rubbed out like so many others that have crossed them in the past ... I think President Trump needs to can Sessions and completely clean house at the DOJ and FBI of all top leadership in both places ... We need an FBI and DOJ that is non-partisan that will go after corruption and crimes regardless of political party affiliation ... The dimocrats have literally gotten away with murder for the past 20 years with no accountability .... the way it is now, you have to be a republican for there to be any consequences of crimes and corruption ...

GOP report: No coordination between Trump and Russia

After a yearlong investigation, Texas Rep. Mike Conaway announced Monday that the committee has finished interviewing witnesses and will share the report with Democrats on Tuesday. Conaway is the Republican leading the House probe, one of several investigations on Russian meddling in the 2016 elections.

“We found no evidence of collusion,” Conaway told reporters Monday, suggesting that those who believe there was are reading too many spy novels. “We found perhaps some bad judgment, inappropriate meetings, inappropriate judgment in taking meetings. But only Tom Clancy or Vince Flynn or someone else like that could take this series of inadvertent contacts with each other, or meetings or whatever, and weave that into sort of a fiction page turner, spy thriller.”

Mueller subpoenas Trump organization, demands documents about Russia: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/us/politics/trump-organization-subpoena-mueller-russia.html

Mr. Mueller could run afoul of a line the president has warned him not to cross. Though it is not clear how much of the subpoena is related to Mr. Trump’s business beyond ties to Russia, Mr. Trump said in an interview with The New York Times in July that the special counsel would be crossing a “red line” if he looked into his family’s finances beyond any relationship with Russia. The president declined to say how he would respond if he concluded that the special counsel had crossed that line.

A month before Mr. Trump spoke of his red line, the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, threatened to quit after Mr. Trump asked him to have Mr. Mueller fired because the president believed he had conflict-of-interest issues that precluded him from running the special counsel investigation.

So, what's the over/under on Trump firing Mueller?

REPORT: Anti-Trump FBI officials had personal relationship with judge in Flynn case, conspired to meet. 

The never-before-seen text messages about Contreras were between anti-Trump FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok and anti-Trump FBI attorney Lisa Page. Sara A. Carter reports on the July 25, 2016, exchange between Strzok and Page:

Page: “Rudy is on the FISC! Did you know that? Just appointed two months ago.”

Strzok: “I did. We talked about it before and after. I need to get together with him.”

Page: “Thought of it because you had to Google FISC judges and him there. I’m telling you.”

Strzok: “She brought up a good point about being circumspect in talking to him in terms of not placing him into a situation where he’d have to recuse himself.”

Page: “I can’t imagine you either one of you could talk about anything in detail meaningful enough to warrant recusal ... Anyway, maybe you meant to, but didn’t.’

Strzok: “Really? Rudy. I’m in charge of espionage for the FBI. Any espionage FISA comes before him, what should he do? Given his friend oversees them?”

Page: “Standards for recusal are quite high. I just don’t think this poses an actual conflict. And he doesn’t know what you do?”

Strzok: “Generally he does know what I do. Not the level or scope or area but he’s super thoughtful and rigorous about ethics and conflicts. (redacted) suggested a social setting with others would probably be better than a one on one meeting. I’m sorry, I’m just going to have to invite you to that cocktail party. Of course you’ll be there. Have to come up with some other work people cover for action.”

Page: “Why more? Six is a perfectly fine dinner party.”

Hmm...  I don't think this is the collusion the Dems are looking for.   M3ez0TB.gif

aiNyIvF.png

10 minutes ago, REBgp said:

When Sessions finally gets off his lazy #### and appoints a special prosecutor to investigate/indict the numerous long over due dimocrat corruption and crimes Mueller, McCabe, Rosenstein and a host of Clinton and Obama criminal associates are going to have their hands full defending themselves ... Mueller is neck deep in it as well.  The phony Trump/Russia probe needs to be ended as well because that investigation would have never gotten off the ground if it wasn't for the REAL FBI/DOJ/DNC/Clinton/Obama illegalities .... it's time for the dimocrats to pay the piper ....

Yes, the :poop: is about to hit the fan ... and it's pointing straight at the dimocrats ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Sideliner said:

Wow! That must have been quite a lump on the head...

You truly must be living in a vacuum ... or relying on CNN and LSDMSNBC for your phony news ... the walls are closing in on the dimocrats ... some of them are going to jail ... this is bigger than Watergate, far bigger ... and the Muller investigation of Trump turns out to be a total dud ... 

• Thanks 2

The FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility suggested his firing, and not Trump.  That absolves him in my opinion.  This investigation is taking too long in my opinion.  They should have found something by now other than indicting people for lying to the FBI.   

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

They did find something.  They found Hillary and Obama in bed with tha Russians.  Cyka Blyat!

They found that top FBI, DOJ, DNC, Clinton and Obama people conspired to deny a legitimately elected president from taking office and frame him with a phony Russian collusion scandal .... they lied under oath and obstructed justice .... all because they couldn't stand the fact that they lost an election .... They broke laws, lied to FISA judges, illegally spied on the Trump campaign and other republicans running for president, and illegally unmasked people during the campaign ... They also conspired to exonerate the Hilldabeast and ensure she wasn't indicted of any crimes while she was running for president ... A LOT OF CAREER FBI and DOJ and other dimocrats are in deep :poop: over this ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Thanks 1

I'll admit I'm way out of my field on this (the reason for the question mark in the title), but based on this article, it could be construed by many that Mueller is breaking the law.  I assume, since Mueller was appointed by the Justice Dept, he should be following guidelines for Justice Dept investigations.  According to this article, he's not.  If he should, in my feeble mind, any proof of collusion, or anything else derived from his deviation from those guidelines, would not stand up in court. Since not adhering to the speed limit is the extent of my lawlessness, I'm speculating, but this whole witch hunt, costing untold millions of dollars, may be for naught.  I welcome any comments from anyone cognizant of the Law.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/muellers-investigation-flouts-justice-department-standards/

At the very least, Mueller has a HUGE conflict of interest.  He is very close friends and associations with some of the REAL lawbreakers the only legitimate investigation that is soon to officially be launched with a new special prosecutor, he could even be called to testify under oath ... at worst, Mueller was part of the conspiracy to exonerate the Hilldabeast and frame Trump ... it's going to take a while for this all to play out.  My guess is Mueller and/or a lot of other DOJ/FBI/Clinton/Obama top people are going to come out either in jail or smelling like a pile of :poop: ... Mueller should have not even take the job due to his conflicts of interest ... that much is already clear ...

The other problem is once these special prosecutors are appointed, they have almost unlimited power and resources to indict almost anybody for almost anything .... whether it's related to their original purpose or not .... that part of the law needs to be changed ... they should be required to stick to the "stated crime" ... which there was none in the Trump/Russia phony investigation ....

Edited by KirtFalcon

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/03/sessions_makes_his_move.html

From the article:

Back in 2011, the indomitable Peter Schweizer published Throw Them All Out, a detailed examination of political corruption as it is actually practiced in the halls of Congress.

In his investigation, Schweizer found one single member of Congress against whom no allegations could be held – who had never taken a dime that was not his, had never cut any backroom deals, had never, simply put, played the game.

That individual was Jeff Sessions.

• Mr. P changed the title to 🕵️ The Deep State coup to overthrow Trump