๐Ÿ‰ XFL

Watching New York/DC and they almost had a full blown riot on the field after a fumble. One guy gets penalized for taking his helmet off despite a couple guys down with injuries and guys coming in off the sidelines.

21 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Watching New York/DC and they almost had a full blown riot on the field after a fumble. One guy gets penalized for taking his helmet off despite a couple guys down with injuries and guys coming in off the sidelines.

Not that I really care, but if NY would stop turning the ball over they could be up right now.

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

These XFL teams are sloppy.ย  Dropped snaps, INTs everywhere, tons of fumbles...ย  I love the concepts, hate the players.ย  The extra points and kickoffs are A+ entertainment.ย ย 

Not all, but maybe that's why some of these players were cut from the NFL. With that said, I know the Cowboys had several sloppy games themselves last season.

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

These XFL teams are sloppy.ย  Dropped snaps, INTs everywhere, tons of fumbles...ย  I love the concepts, hate the players.ย  The extra points and kickoffs are A+ entertainment.ย ย 

Agree...ย  BUT...ย  I think a lot of that can improve with time, coaching, and development.ย 

For a league that consists of cast-offs, who have only been playing together a few months, and are all still learning their systems and the different flow of XFL games, I gotta say it's been more entertaining than I was expecting.ย 

I think it's got a decent shot...ย  provided they don't blow it, and try to do too much too soon. They need to stay small and manageable, continue to iron out the kinks, and don't try to take on the NFL as a competitor. They're nowhere near ready for that. Stick with the niche of being "minor league" spring football and you'll be able to last a few years.ย 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, topher805 said:

Seahawks, Cardinals, and Broncos have reached out to the Roughnecks over acquiring PJ Walker. Thank goodness O'Brien isn't in charge of the Roughnecks too...

They can acquire him right now since the XFL season is officially cancelled. ย https://heavy.com/sports/2020/02/pj-walker-salary-xfl-contract-money/ย  . ย I'm sure Cam Phillips, Dan Williams, and Donald Parham will be signed as well. ย If an NFL team wants them, they can sign them now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 11:54 AM, BlahBlah said:

RIP XFL.

ย 

XFL suspends operations.ย  Layoffs all employees. ย 

ย 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886027-xfl-suspends-operations-lays-off-all-employees-amid-covid-19-pandemic

XFL also files for Bankruptcy... These leagues need TV but low operations budgets.ย  XFL et al will never be profitable when they are banking on the names to support the product.ย  How much were these big name coaches getting paid?ย  How much were they paying for those stadium rentals?ย ย 

You need something like Arena football.ย  It's basically Texas 1A football.ย  It's great, the players cost nothing, and its different.ย ย 

If I was going on a larger scale operation, I would go with an 8 team real football league in Europe, Asia, Australia... somewhere not the USA.

Or do as I previously said, make your league for 18-25 year olds.ย  Compete with and ruin the NCAA model.ย  If you can pay college stars $100-200k a year, then your league could seriously thrive.ย  You have star power, you will get media.