"@darrenrovell
BREAKING: @VinceMcMahon will announce later today that his investment company @alphaentllc will start a pro football league. Announcement will be made at 3pm ET on company’s social media pages."

If Vince was smart he’d sign Johnny Manziel, Colin Kaepernick, RG3.....that’d ensure him a lot press and eyeballs tuning in early to see the freak show. The need is there for a spring/ summer league. If done right it could act as a springboard to the NFL.

10 minutes ago, stoneykelly said:

If Vince was smart he’d sign Johnny Manziel, Colin Kaepernick, RG3.....that’d ensure him a lot press and eyeballs tuning in early to see the freak show. The need is there for a spring/ summer league. If done right it could act as a springboard to the NFL.

Tebow has a built in audience/media attention. Sign him to a team and order the head coach to make him the centerpiece of the offense. It'd be like printing your own money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stoneykelly said:

Could you imagine a Tebow vs Kaepernick Championship game in today’s left wing right wing society? That’d pull some numbers.

Can you imagine the talking-head drama, the social media craziness, the advertisers fighting over who gets a piece of the action.

If I had that kind of venture capital, I'd totally try to undercut the bureaucratic mess of the NFL. Am I the only one who finds a lot of parallels to the boring early '80s NFL and how the USFL came in and shook the apple cart? Hell, we even have Trump in the mix again! 

• Like 1

Ok, let me build this league.

It will be a spring league.  11-man football.  NFL rules (or at least NCAA).  Max contract $1.5mil, Min Contract $75k.  You sell this to TNT, TBS, ESPN, FOX Sports, etc... 

12 teams, 2 leagues, 4 divisions.  Leagues should be North and South.  10 game season.  4 team playoffs.

Division 1 (South East)

Texas team 1

Alabama team

Florida team

2nd Texas or Florida team

Division 2 (South West)

Texas team 2

Arizona team

Nevada team (vegas perhaps?)

Oklahoma team (or go Southern Cal)

Division 3 North West

Washington

North California

Utah

Colorado

Division 4 North East

Pennsylvania

New York

New Jersey

Ohio

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone 18+ should be able to play.  Each host city hosts a combine (camp).  These players have to pay to attend/try out.  They all should be on different days.  At the end of the 12 day combine period, teams bid on the players.  Let's say Mike Vick and Steve Young want to play... They would enter the "pool" to be bid on and then you take the 3 highest offers (or all of the max offers) and put them in front of the player and let them choose their destination.  Everything should be done in 2 year contracts, with the 2nd year being a team-option.  (this saves the team in case the league folds).  

The league should make it clear that they are not the NFL, and they are not college football, but an alternative route for players to take to reach their ultimate dream of playing in the NFL.  This could catch some traction with high school kids who think that they are pro ready and want to get paid for those 2 developmental years they would normally be in high school.

I would also start a WWE Network (there may be one).  I would show re-runs of old Royal Rumbles etc, exclusive WWE interviews AND all live football games not picked up by major networks.  This would attract all of those pedophile young adults sitting on their couch eating boogers and sitting in their underwear while watching men wrestle in underwear take an interest in football.  

• Thanks 2

NBC and the WWF now E lost $36 million on the first XFL.  I watched some of the games and the playoffs, but it was an inferior league.  I suppose he could write the losses off on his taxes.  I'm sure there is talent that the NFL misses, because players couldn't go to college for grades or other reasons.  The only two players I can think of that never attended college that made it to the NFL were Eric Swann and Otis Sistrunk who had the University of Mars on his football card.  We'll see if it works.  

• Mr. P changed the title to 🏉 XFL