Please let Jim Ross be the play by play guy. Please!!! I’ll buy season tickets. Heck I’ll start up a Smokey club section at the Ballpark.

If Vince and Oliver Luck will commit to making this a legitimate league (getting Stoops gives that impression), I could see this working out.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Please let Jim Ross be the play by play guy. Please!!! I’ll buy season tickets. Heck I’ll start up a Smokey club section at the Ballpark.

If Vince and Oliver Luck will commit to making this a legitimate league (getting Stoops gives that impression), I could see this working out.

The funniest I heard was bringing in OJ to call the games, since he used to be with MNF back in the day.  I'm sure that would make a lot of people angry, but people would watch.  

• LOL! 2

Im really curious about how this league works out. I was impressed with the AAF this weekend, at least the San Antonio game. Seemed to be a good amount of people in the Alamodome that were energetic and into the game. The AAF actually had higher TV ratings Saturday than the NBA on ABC...

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 4:44 PM, Stoney said:

Who would be the other with him?  Hire Coachman from ESPN (former RAW announcer) to do it with him?

• Mr. P changed the title to 🏉 XFL
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2018 at 10:17 AM, Stoney said:

If Vince was smart he’d sign Johnny Manziel, Colin Kaepernick, RG3.....that’d ensure him a lot press and eyeballs tuning in early to see the freak show. The need is there for a spring/ summer league. If done right it could act as a springboard to the NFL.

Why The XFL is Courting Johnny Manziel After Saying They Wouldn’t (Video) https://t.co/EDfTcKXXDG https://t.co/Y9MFmY9Bi5

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.espnfrontrow.com/2019/05/first-and-goal-espn-abc-will-carry-xfl-games-in-2020/

ABC/ESPN will carry 22 games, including weekly games, the opener and the championship. Haven’t seen anything about online viewing or some second tier cable network. Vince McMahon has the money to back it. Now he has the tv deal to back it. Will he have the quality of players to back it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

https://www.espnfrontrow.com/2019/05/first-and-goal-espn-abc-will-carry-xfl-games-in-2020/

ABC/ESPN will carry 22 games, including weekly games, the opener and the championship. Haven’t seen anything about online viewing or some second tier cable network. Vince McMahon has the money to back it. Now he has the tv deal to back it. Will he have the quality of players to back it?

He will not have the quality players...  I think this model will once again fail like all of the others.  I want a legit 2nd tier league but we won't have it until they start competing with the NCAA for some of those recruits...  18 yr olds are stars until they get lost in the NCAA shuffle...  Pay those kids $300-400k to play pro ball for 2-3 years before going to the NFL.  Then you have a legit league with legit players.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stoney said:

I heard today that there will be a double header on Saturday and one on Sunday for the 8 teams.  I think the XFL should have asked for a moderate payment, but it is free advertising.  I think this will help vs. the AAF being on second tier stations where it was hard to find except the day after.  What could hurt them is the AAF's way of folding out, and not paying their players or even providing a way home for them when they folded.  I've heard there are a lot of lawsuits out there against that league and their teams.  Unless I thought I had a shot to make it to the NFL, and I did have the talent that I would be reluctant to sign with a team.  I just hope the ticket prices are reasonable enough to go and see the Houston vs. Dallas game when the league starts.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, topher805 said:

June Jones named HC and GM in Houston. Also, rumors of some light blue/red/white color scheme...If anything they will look good and score a lot of points...

Houston Roughnecks, Houston Wildcatters, Houston Drillers........If they go that color scheme and one of those type names they’ll be my team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

June Jones named HC and GM in Houston. Also, rumors of some light blue/red/white color scheme...If anything they will look good and score a lot of points...

18 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Houston Roughnecks, Houston Wildcatters, Houston Drillers........If they go that color scheme and one of those type names they’ll be my team.

Y'all...  if that happens I will go all-in on the bandwagon. 

4 hours ago, AKA said:

Y'all...  if that happens I will go all-in on the bandwagon. 

6 hours ago, topher805 said:

I'm assuming this is referring to the Houston Oilers colors??? 

4 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I'm assuming this is referring to the Houston Oilers colors??? 

No no no no, not at all. That would violate trademark. 

All I'm suggesting is that the Texas franchise use a subtle shade of azure, paired with bright crimson. That's all.  ;) 

15 minutes ago, AKA said:

No no no no, not at all. That would violate trademark. 

All I'm suggesting is that the Texas franchise use a subtle shade of azure, paired with bright crimson. That's all.  ;) 

Hehehe...ok, gotcha. 

I don't care either way. Never have rooted for any Houston teams and won't start now. I'm a Dallas guy, lol. 😉

Was just curious. But would be cool if they were allowed to use the Oilers color scheme. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Hehehe...ok, gotcha. 

I don't care either way. Never have rooted for any Houston teams and won't start now. I'm a Dallas guy, lol. 😉

Was just curious. But would be cool if they were allowed to use the Oilers color scheme. 

Lol, I'm a Dolphins fan (pray for me), but I'm also a fan of the Golden Age of the NFL. The Oilers are iconic in a way that the "Texans" never will be. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

44DA55A3-333C-42D1-88AA-B11A72B5209C.jpeg

That logo!! The pop of that Columbia Blue against that white!! That is a all time look. The Texans? Not so much.

I've said it before (many times) but I'll say it again: the Texans majorly blew it by not acquiring the rights to the Oilers colors from the get-go. That navy/crimson look is garbage. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AKA said:

I've said it before (many times) but I'll say it again: the Texans majorly blew it by not acquiring the rights to the Oilers colors from the get-go. That navy/crimson look is garbage. 

I agree there is nothing appealing with the Texans, Packers, Browns, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Carolina, and Baltimore's uniforms.  I also think Tampa Bay and New England should go back to their original uniforms.   I hate when the Cowboys use their original uniforms, because I think those are ugly.  I wouldn't mind if the Cowboys used their current colors with the Cowboy on the horse riding with a football, but their star looks dull in the original version, and the rest was terrible.  I really hate when they wear blue jerseys especially Thanksgiving games.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 4:39 PM, DaveTV1 said:

I agree there is nothing appealing with the Texans, Packers, Browns, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Carolina, and Baltimore's uniforms.  I also think Tampa Bay and New England should go back to their original uniforms.   I hate when the Cowboys use their original uniforms, because I think those are ugly.  I wouldn't mind if the Cowboys used their current colors with the Cowboy on the horse riding with a football, but their star looks dull in the original version, and the rest was terrible.  I really hate when they wear blue jerseys especially Thanksgiving games.  

Cowboys old school jerseys do stink