๐Ÿ‰ XFL

On 5/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, Stoney said:

Houston Roughnecks, Houston Wildcatters, Houston Drillers........If they go that color scheme and one of those type names theyโ€™ll be my team.

"Tool Pushers" work too?ย  Those guys are usually the on-site boss ;)ย 

• LOL! 1

On 5/24/2019 at 7:50 AM, AKA said:

I've said it before (many times) but I'll say it again: the Texans majorly blew it by not acquiring the rights to the Oilers colors from the get-go. That navy/crimson look is garbage.ย 

I wouldn't say its garbage, but its not iconic like the old baby blues.

• 1 month later...

The Texans name and uniforms is kind of lazy to me. It's like a team you would create on NCAA football. ย 

"Let's go with... red, white, and navy.. and maybe throw in a bull or something. That's pretty Texan, right?

"What would you like the name of the team to be?"

"How about... the Texans!"

"Genius!"

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

The Texans name and uniforms is kind of lazy to me. It's like a team you would create on NCAA football. ย 

"Let's go with... red, white, and navy.. and maybe throw in a bull or something. That's pretty Texan, right?

"What would you like the name of the team to be?"

"How about... the Texans!"

"Genius!"

Houston Steers!ย ย 

I only know of 2 things from Houston... Steers and ______!ย  and I don't see any cows running around here!

• LOL! 1

On 5/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, Stoney said:

Houston Roughnecks, Houston Wildcatters, Houston Drillers........If they go that color scheme and one of those type names theyโ€™ll be my team.

ย 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stoney said:

903A5F53-C3A5-4EC8-BC74-511EFB3E5CB0.jpeg

Dang that Roughnecks logo is just close enough to alright in my book.ย 

Wow...ย  consider me impressed. Still holding out to see color schemes + uniforms, but this is a pretty good start. The Dallas Renegades missed an opportunity to go with a "big D" logo for Dallas, but nobody's perfect.ย 

Geeze the logo for the Renegades looks almost like the Dallas Desperados old logo. ย The Roughnecks should have just went with the old Houston Oilers colors. ย I'm not impressed with L.A.. ย The New York Guardians look like a mix of Patience and Fortitude breeding with Vinzย Clortho the Gatekeeper. ย What does St. Louis have to do with the Air Force ? ย I'm guessing Blythevilleย AFB that closed in 1992 and Scott Air Force Base. ย Seattle Dragons looks like the UAB Blazersย mascot. ย Tampa Bay Vipers reminds me of the Viper at Astroworld : ย 

ย The D.C. Defenders looks like an Electric Company logo. ย ย 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rabbs63 said:

Who owns the Dallas team?ย Moose Johnston is has a big role as GM, I think.

I thought I read somewhere that the XFL owns all the teams. There's no individual ownership. Yea, I believe Moose is either GM or some kinda leadership role in the management.ย 

42 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Soooo what your saying is, the QB play will be mediocre at best....

Mediocre QB play. Mediocre pay. Have a bad feeling this is gonna be a one and done. Unless they can catch lightning in a bottle.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Mediocre QB play. Mediocre pay. Have a bad feeling this is gonna be a one and done. Unless they can catch lightning in a bottle.

I really want this league to work out. It expands football into the spring, and gives more opportunities, but man they have a tough road ahead. I think the financial backing here should be better than what the AAF trotted out, so here's for hoping...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

CE6437DD-20CC-4FD9-9099-B66AB261E864.jpeg

Somebody might wanna check on @AKAย after todayโ€™s announcement. Personally, I donโ€™t see this Jones/Stoops thing working out just like it didnโ€™t it college. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lol, I didn't hate Landry but I didn't love him either.

Granted, he was pressed into service with the injury/early departure of Sam Bradford, and all he did was rewrite the OU and Big XII record books for career passing.ย 

But the knock on him was that he was only as effective as the offense itself. Yeah yeah, I know that sounds like some John Madden-esque obviousness, but it's the truth. If our offense was working, nobody was better than Landry. But if we needed him to rise to the occasion and pull us through adversity...ย  ย we were scr ewed.

Dude was the anti-Baker Mayfield. Quiet, reserved, and congenial...ย  and absolute garbage in the clutch.ย ย 

19 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I really want this league to work out. It expands football into the spring, and gives more opportunities, but man they have a tough road ahead. I think the financial backing here should be better than what the AAF trotted out, so here's for hoping...

Same here. I think there's a place for a "development" league in pro football. Just gotta be managed and marketed well.

The AAF seemed to have pretty good marketing. Not so much on the management side.ย 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AKA said:

Same here. I think there's a place for a "development" league in pro football. Just gotta be managed and marketed well.

The AAF seemed to have pretty good marketing. Not so much on the management side.ย 

The AAF messed up when they decided to be a stand-alone and opted to not work with the NFL and NCAA. They would have been a phenomenal developmental league, but it would have to be done in conjunctionย with the NFL and NCAA. Those two have enough money to squash any type of competition.ย 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topher805 said:

The AAF messed up when they decided to be a stand-alone and opted to not work with the NFL and NCAA. They would have been a phenomenal developmental league, but it would have to be done in conjuncture with the NFL and NCAA. Those two have enough money to squash any type of competition.ย 

I don't know why the NFL doesn't try to work out some sorta deal with NCAA with an offseason developmental league centered in smaller metro areas that do not have NFL franchises. It seems like a lucrative opportunity to expand their footprint.ย 

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

CE6437DD-20CC-4FD9-9099-B66AB261E864.jpeg

Somebody might wanna check on @AKAย after todayโ€™s announcement. Personally, I donโ€™t see this Jones/Stoops thing working out just like it didnโ€™t it college. ๐Ÿ˜‰

wonder what happened to Ryan Mallet being in the XFL? didn't think a DUI would deter a career in the XFL.