The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HasBeen81

Best Coordinators in Texas HS Football

Coach Nally from Melissa has got to be in the discusssion.  Heard he was a finalists for the OC job at Lake Travis.  Everywhere he has been the offenses have been extremely strong.

Matt Blitzkreg Goode Jv DC at Waskom. He will invade your offense and impose his will upon them. The 3rd Reich defense makes the steel curtain look like Swiss cheese. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, centex1 said:

Matt Blitzkreg Goode Jv DC at Waskom. He will invade your offense and impose his will upon them. The 3rd Reich defense makes the steel curtain look like Swiss cheese. 

He may be a little heavy on the Nazi Germany lingo for some folks liking. 

Best coordinator in East Texas was Fisher the OC at Pewitt. He is leaving. Heard he gave the boys a farewell speech. Told them they had built something special last 3 years. I don't know if they can recover.

I do know where a pretty good OC is................... RK, just saying 

Preston from Carthage has to be up there. Definitely if we are talking 4a and down. Halftime adjustments 2nd to none. His coaching effort in Carthage's 2016 playoff run was one of the all time best D coordinator efforts I have seen watching HS football. With the exception of Henderson his D smothered opponents in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

@AKA @stoneykelly Kerry Strong has got to be in this discussion.  Can I get a 2nd?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

@AKA @stoneykelly Kerry Strong has got to be in this discussion.  Can I get a 2nd?

Nobody's more coordinated than Kerry Strong. Dude can chew bubble gum and drain timeline threes all day. 

• Like 1

Kerry Strong’s playbook is one page long and has only one play in it called Touchdown.

• Haha 2

On 3/23/2018 at 3:47 PM, brahmahater said:

Best coordinator in East Texas was Fisher the OC at Pewitt. He is leaving. Heard he gave the boys a farewell speech. Told them they had built something special last 3 years. I don't know if they can recover.

I do know where a pretty good OC is................... RK, just saying 

:rofl:

The truth to be told this would be a 100 page thread. They’re a lot of coordinators in this state that bust their butt and can coach. And all it gets them is the HC gets credit for it and get better jobs for themselves. Keep busting your butt OC’c and DC’s. Those that know football realize where the success comes from.

• Like 1

In the majority of high schools in Texas, the head coach is either OC or DC - even if another coach has that title. 

Last 3 years at Pewitt been special come on. Won first year with Kumrow's team then

last two have been 1 and done which is why the wanted to make change from Kumrow.

Pewitt has been special in past but not these last 3 years be real.

On 3/28/2018 at 11:26 AM, randomuser said:

The truth to be told this would be a 100 page thread. They’re a lot of coordinators in this state that bust their butt and can coach. And all it gets them is the HC gets credit for it and get better jobs for themselves. Keep busting your butt OC’c and DC’s. Those that know football realize where the success comes from.

Shouldn’t the HC get the credit for hiring these guys? :p