⚾️ASTROS 2018 THREAD ⚾️

RETIREDFAN1

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

After Giles disrespectful attitude last night, he needs to be shown the door......

I didn't see what Giles did but it is all over twitter this morning, Hinch says if it was directed at him they will have a sit down. What did he expect him to do just leave him in there. Giles at times can look like a boss other times not so much

13 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Where are Billy Wagner and Brad Lidge???????

Brad Lidge took the same train that Giles is on, to get out of Houston...

I miss Wagner...I think we will may be going all in on Zach Britton or Blake Treinen (Oakland)

Giles has the stuff to be a closer but as I have said his fastball doesn't move any, if he could get his change up or slider over he would be move effective with that 98 MPH fastball. Didn't seem like he had this much trouble the first year Houston had him

23 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

McCullers is all over the place in the first 2 innings tonight.  Walks will bite you almost every time

Looks like he is not on his game tonight, and as I type this Lance gives up a 3 run homer. His ERA is going to take a hit. With the way we have been hitting this game might be over before a sell out crowd 

That is what I call a butt whooping by the A's. They showed a better bull pen than we did. Devo, Peacock and Giles all could not hold a lead. We was very fortunate it wasn't a complete sweeping by the A's. 5 hits was all we could muster against the A's pitching. Need Correa back in the lineup but when he went out he wasn't hitting either.   

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

That is what I call a butt whooping by the A's. They showed a better bull pen than we did. Devo, Peacock and Giles all could not hold a lead. We was very fortunate it wasn't a complete sweeping by the A's. 5 hits was all we could muster against the A's pitching. Need Correa back in the lineup but when he went out he wasn't hitting either.   

Really a disappointing series as often happens at home.   Come home and sweep 4 and then lose 3 out of 4 to a division foe. Offense continues to sputter & not put teams away. The pen has let us down again and its not just Giles but he's the easy target. Only consistent arm out of the pen has been McHugh