⚾️ASTROS 2018 THREAD ⚾️

RETIREDFAN1

Read an article about it. While hitting a woman is never ever acceptable, all signs point to this being a light case. He is facing just one charge and it isn't a major. Misdemeanor level with no signs of this being a recurring issue. Looks like this was a one-time instance. 

Again, not condoning at all, just giving context to the charges. Still a head scratcher that the Astros would sign him.

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

Fighting with people on twitter over Roberto is a big mistake, it never ends. 

Its hard to take a stand either way since it is so hard to find out what really happened. I just know nobody ever brings anything up against NYY Chapman & this is exactly the same situation he was in. Traded while on suspension for domestic violence.  If he did something that bad he should be sitting his rear in jail. It is up to the authorities to take charge of this stuff. Too many leagues are reacting for public image instead of reality.

• Thanks 1

Didn't watch the whole game but seen the recap and Marwin is making up for his lost bat for most of the season. Osuna pitched a good inning of relief, hope the Astro fans at least give him a warm welcome when he plays in Houston I think most will. With that said I think Astros get Correa back on the homestand and hope Altuve is ready to go also. This was a important clutch win, A's are not giving much ground.

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

Didn't watch the whole game but seen the recap and Marwin is making up for his lost bat for most of the season. Osuna pitched a good inning of relief, hope the Astro fans at least give him a warm welcome when he plays in Houston I think most will. With that said I think Astros get Correa back on the homestand and hope Altuve is ready to go also. This was a important clutch win, A's are not giving much ground.

Altuve, Correa, and Springer are expected to be back by next Friday's opener against Oakland. Correa will be back this weekend, Altuve may be back next Wednesday against Colorado but all are expected to be back against Oakland. McCullers will not pitch again until September. Fortunately it is just soreness in his forearm, and nothing wrong with his elbow. 

19 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Altuve, Correa, and Springer are expected to be back by next Friday's opener against Oakland. Correa will be back this weekend, Altuve may be back next Wednesday against Colorado but all are expected to be back against Oakland. McCullers will not pitch again until September. Fortunately it is just soreness in his forearm, and nothing wrong with his elbow. 

I am assuming they will use Mchugh as the starter to replace McCuller. I don't think we miss a beat with Collin in there. Pitching is keeping us in a lot of games this year, example last night. 

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

Repeat of last night except it was White in the 8th.  6-2 road trip.   I can live with that   !!!

Pitching has been great and the pen is looking good also. Ready for the big three to be back though

Only downer is that the starting pitchers are not being rewarded with W's...…..but as long as it is a win it is good.   Bullpen on this road trip pitched 20 innings and gave up ZERO runs.  Thank goodness for the pitching while we are missing the 3 biggest stars in the lineup.   

I was wondering when McCann comes back will the Stros carry three catchers. If they do that means 4 people will have to go down once Springer, Correa & Altuve come back. Davis, White, Marisnick, & Kemp. That is a tough choice as Marisnick is playing his best baseball right now and Kemp has earned a spot. I may send a reliever down instead but you still have a odd man out.