Meanwhile in Evadale ....

KirtFalcon

On 7/14/2018 at 12:03 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Course Superintendent looking over the course ...

DSC00773.jpg

Great pic of the Clubhouse in the background.  And that kinda maroon building to the left is the outhouse.  Far as I know, only one in Jasper County with windows.  Historical society wants it placed on the Historical Register.  😂😂😂

This is the first hole fairway.  It wasn’t always this nice.  Course Supt just spent $12.75 on upgrades  :rofl:

• LOL! 2

• 8 months later...

But back on Feb 8th, the Lumberton Raiders were playing WOS at the WOS gym.  It was the next to last game of the regular season, and the winner got 3rd seed and loser 4th.  Plus, if Lumberton wins, they set a school record for wins in a season at 21.  Both teams played great defense, and game went to OT.  With seconds left, game is tied at 35.  Coach tells #5 (near side), “We’re going to isolate you on the weak side, we’ll get you the ball and you’ll win the game for us.  And yes, his G’pa, who lives in Evadale, was a nervous wreck.  Not a big deal in the scheme of things, so I posted here so my buds could see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Great shot!👏🏀

He didn’t get it from me.  My basketball was even worse than my golf  😂😂😂

He had made two other buzzer beaters prior to this, but both right before the half.  He loves the pressure.  Me, I’d artichoke.   :rofl:

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I have always hated basketball; I would rather engage in full contact bad Minton...😡

I can watch high school or college basketball .... I could care less about the phony NBA ....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Kolmes - Memorial DaY  2018

article-2013402-0CF181EB00000578-694_636x397.jpg

That Kolmes, he do get around.  And does crazy stuff.

Btw, that pool is at the Evadale Golf Club & Spa.  It was Caddy Day.   Water is from a natural hot spring right out of the Paper Mill.  You don’t want to swallow a lot.  Old Bubba Don Lurch took a big swig, and he glowed in the dark for a week.  Lowered his IQ 5 points.  Not much to most, but Bubba was in single digits already.  The amazing thing, he graduated in 8 years, but that Evadale Elementary diploma ain’t gonna open many doors.  Fortunately, bout the only door Bubba needs opening is to the outhouse, and he’s got that one.  Doesn’t know what to do with the reading material in there.  Open the door that he’d forgot to latch, and old Bubba was reading toilet paper.  Out loud.  I took off a running.

• LOL! 3

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

All that exercise is paying off, she seems to have slimmed-up considerably!😬

Thanks CarthDawg77, I’ll pass on them good words.  Thank goodness she’s old and feeble.  Back in her younger days, she hunted old Kirt down and put knots in his head.  :rofl: 

• LOL! 2

• 3 months later...

A little follow up story on the young man making those shots I posted above.  Two weeks ago, we took him up to Hancock, Mi.  He got a good partial scholarship to Finlandia University, a small private Lutheran school.  Hancock is located in what’s known as the UP (Upper Peninsula) directly above Wisconsin.  The UP extends out into Lake Superior, and town gets 250” of snow a year.  Yep, G’pa is proud.

03A7C1E8-AA67-47B7-8D6D-72D04D44478F.jpeg

• Like 3

On 9/4/2019 at 1:45 AM, Hagar said:

A little follow up story on the young man making those shots I posted above.  Two weeks ago, we took him up to Hancock, Mi.  He got a good partial scholarship to Finlandia University, a small private Lutheran school.  Hancock is located in what’s known as the UP (Upper Peninsula) directly above Wisconsin.  The UP extends out into Lake Superior, and town gets 250” of snow a year.  Yep, G’pa is proud.

03A7C1E8-AA67-47B7-8D6D-72D04D44478F.jpeg

From SETX to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! Talk about a culture shock! Good luck and God Bless to your boy. 

• Like 2