Rangers 2018 Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 7:46 PM, mellon said:

But by golly, we're getting a new stadium.

And Davis & Simpson are gonna make a tidy return on their investment when they sell this team in 2 years. New stadium. Ton of payroll space. Some but not a lot of young talent to feature. 

Cole Hamels is gonna be traded.

Will Beltre accept a trade to a winner or does he wanna end his HoF career here?

Can you take on a bad contract to move on from Odor? I’d rather roll with IKF and Profar at this point.

Gallo doesn’t wanna play third. Guzman looks good at first. So you can’t move him there. Can Calhoun play LF and hit better than Gallo? That just leaves DH the only realistic place for Gallo.

Matt Moore is a bust. Mike Minor is average. Bartolo Colon is walking proof that Crisco has no expiration date.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Will Beltre accept a trade to a winner or does he wanna end his HoF career here?

Can you take on a bad contract to move on from Odor? I’d rather roll with IKF and Profar at this point.

Gallo doesn’t wanna play third. Guzman looks good at first. So you can’t move him there. Can Calhoun play LF and hit better than Gallo? That just leaves DH the only realistic place for Gallo.

Matt Moore is a bust. Mike Minor is average. Bartolo Colon is walking proof that Crisco has no expiration date.

I think Fister could draw some interest from teams. Along with Diekman and Kela in the bullpen. I could see Gallo/Calhoun swap at DH/LF.

On 6/2/2018 at 5:02 PM, Stoney said:

I don't know if Beltre keeps playing. I think he ends his career with the Rangers. He gets put on the DL it seems like every month...

The rangers have just been handed a 4 game sweep by the astros.  This is the first time in the history of the ballclub this has happened.  We've now entered an epic s uck zone my fellow rangers fans.  I went to the game this past friday night and saw them lose 7-3 to the astros.  This is what i saw:  just a bunch of guys and a past-his-prime future hall-of-famer (beltre.). I dont think the rangers have a single player batting over .300. This is basically just a mimor league team.  2012 seems like a lifetime ago.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

The rangers have just been handed a 4 game sweep by the astros.  This is the first time in the history of the ballclub this has happened.  We've now entered an epic s uck zone my fellow rangers fans.  I went to the game this past friday night and saw them lose 7-3 to the astros.  This is what i saw:  just a bunch of guys and a past-his-prime future hall-of-famer (beltre.). I dont think the rangers have a single player batting over .300. This is basically just a mimor league team.  2012 seems like a lifetime ago.

They really are awful. I was at the game last Tuesday and it looked like they have already cashed it in. I mean it is BAD.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 11:39 PM, Crawford said:

The AL Central is such a bad division, they could put the Rangers in there and they would be in 2nd place with only 7.5 games behind Cleveland for 1st place.

I’m real curious to see if we have another offseason like this past one or if it’s just a one time deal. The have nots weren’t spending money to get better. It’s better in the long run to stink and get those young, cheap talented players while you can. The big spenders weren’t handing out contracts like they were. Was it to get ready for Harper hitting free agency? Add the luxury tax that most teams aren’t willing to go over and baseball is in a small mess.