Rangers 2018 Thread

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Bob Nightengale- Adrian Beltre says he’s unsure whether he wants to play past this season, but rest of his career will be spent with the #Rangers

I hope he ends his career with Texas.  He would not bring much in a trade & I would like to see him go out as a Ranger.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Something to think about this offseason. Apparently Banny and JD are thinking of going with a Rays type of bullpen days to fill out their rotation next year. 4 starters with the 5th being a bullpen guy based upon the matchup. Gonna be interesting to see if they do it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

Other than Minor the 2019 starting rotation is a mystery.

TGB, I’m afraid the rebuild is coming. I think that’s gonna give the analytic guys in the front office get to play. I’m expecting a Tampa Bay West approach to the rotation. 4 starters, heavy depth in the bullpen. Perez has a $7.5m ‘19 option and a $750k buyout. That’s a little high for Perez but not too bad for a guy entering his prime. Why is it imperative that you save $6m by letting him walk? I still swear up and down that Davis & Simpson are gonna ramp up the farm system, cut payroll, get that new stadium in ‘20 and let the new ownership reap the benefits while goosing their investment.

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously I'm not a Rangers fan so I have no lean one way or the other. But in today's game communication with the players is a must.  I have no idea what the truth is, but if the players turn on you then you are a goner.   Old school managers are being replaced by player-friendly coaches all the time now.

15 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Obviously I'm not a Rangers fan so I have no lean one way or the other. But in today's game communication with the players is a must.  I have no idea what the truth is, but if the players turn on you then you are a goner.   Old school managers are being replaced by player-friendly coaches all the time now.

I will stand on my soapbox until I’m proved wrong, but I’ll say it again - “The Rangers will be sold sooner rather than later.” Simpson and Davis are sprucing the Rangers up for it. New stadium, cut salary so new ownership can splurge on free agents to juice the attendance, young talent core, bring in a new manager who understands they are a place holder until the real manager gets hired by the new owners. Y’all can call me crazy if this doesn’t happen within the next 2-3 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

I will stand on my soapbox until I’m proved wrong, but I’ll say it again - “The Rangers will be sold sooner rather than later.” Simpson and Davis are sprucing the Rangers up for it. New stadium, cut salary so new ownership can splurge on free agents to juice the attendance, young talent core, bring in a new manager who understands they are a place holder until the real manager gets hired by the new owners. Y’all can call me crazy if this doesn’t happen within the next 2-3 years.

I hope you are right

31 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Claw, I hope I’m right because if I’m wrong then this franchise is in a world of hurt. 

The new stadium will sell seats for a little while but won’t last forever without a good team. I’d really like to see a new GM. His philosophy is low risk high reward free agents. That’s not working. Read where they are going to be very active in the free agent market but then they said they would not be looking at the top pitching free agents. This team needs an ace and a good number 2

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

Deja Vu ………. sounds like Drayton McLane tactics

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

Deja Vu ………. sounds like Drayton McLane tactics

Right down to the copy cat orange juice stadium. Lol There’s too many small things going on, that when you step back and look at the big picture it’s hard not to see a McClane Sell part 2.  When McClane and Wade started selling off players like Pence and oh, what’s the center fielders name, he went to Atlanta or Philly I think, what level prospects did they get back? Similar to what Daniels traded Darvish for? Cole Hamels? Deals that made fans feel like we gave away great talent for peanuts. I don’t think they’ve been bad owners. It’s just we can see what this is leading to. Hopefully it’s not another Tom Hicks.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Right down to the copy cat orange juice stadium. Lol There’s too many small things going on, that when you step back and look at the big picture it’s hard not to see a McClane Sell part 2.  When McClane and Wade started selling off players like Pence and oh, what’s the center fielders name, he went to Atlanta or Philly I think, 

I think you're talking about Michael Bourne.    

As much as I'm not a Rangers fan I don't wish what we went through on anybody. It was like 4 years without a team.  There are lots of teams trying it now so it will be even harder.

• Like 1