Rangers 2018 Thread

I heard an interview last week on 92.1 The Team, with Bill Coates. He was interviewing one of the Rangers beat reporters. I forget the reporters name.

Michael Young's name was brought up. The reporter said M.Y. would not be interested in the managers job. He has 2-3 young boys and is enjoying the family time. Said otherwise he would have joined the staff during the last 10 games after banister was fired. 

Same type of info about Pudge too. 

Take that info however you want. That being said, I would LOVE for Michael Young to be the manager. I still have his Rangers Jersey.

12 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Truthfully on a rebuilding team Michael Young makes more sense to me than a Girardi

JD has this team in the beginning stages of a sell off/rebuild. We all know it even if they haven’t said it. Why would you waste Girardi’s time bringing him in for a interview? Do we really think he’s willing to get paid (and he’ll get paid somewhere) to lose with a young ball club? Rangers need to a find a Porter, somebody who can manage the day to day with the understanding that his future ends when the rebuild ends. Find a somebody from a team that understands losing and how to get through it. 

• Like 1

I would guess a veteran coach like Girardi would have asked the obvious question: "Unlike what you gave Bannister the last 2 years, will you give me 25 MLB quality players to work with? "

I think Girardi would be a good choice. However, I can see his personality clashing with JD and some of the oil baron's in the front office who don't know squat about the sport.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:37 AM, threejs said:

I would guess a veteran coach like Girardi would have asked the obvious question: "Unlike what you gave Bannister the last 2 years, will you give me 25 MLB quality players to work with? "

I think Girardi would be a good choice. However, I can see his personality clashing with JD and some of the oil baron's in the front office who don't know squat about the sport.

I’m thinking JD is a lot like Jerry Jones.  He needs a coach he can control   But unlike Jerry he is afraid to spend money on the top players  his philosophy is low risk high reward so instead of signing top free-agent pitchers we sign someone that is in their mid-40s.  I think we know now who really built those two World Series teams and he is down in Houston now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

http://amp.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article220885360.html

I feel like the Rangers need at least 2 of the guys listed.

Pretty reasonable list of pitchers that Texas could target. Won’t break the bank because heaven forbid Davis/Simpson spend money before the new stadium is built. Shields could be the innings eater this rotation needs. Lotta rebound guys which is JD’s forte.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Pretty reasonable list of pitchers that Texas could target. Won’t break the bank because heaven forbid Davis/Simpson spend money before the new stadium is built. Shields could be the innings eater this rotation needs. Lotta rebound guys which is JD’s forte.

Yep, Drew Pomeranz is the typical reboud guy the Rangers go after. I think Evoldi will be a high price tag.

• 2 weeks later...