Rangers 2018 Thread

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I’m real curious to see if we have another offseason like this past one or if it’s just a one time deal. The have nots weren’t spending money to get better. It’s better in the long run to stink and get those young, cheap talented players while you can. The big spenders weren’t handing out contracts like they were. Was it to get ready for Harper hitting free agency? Add the luxury tax that most teams aren’t willing to go over and baseball is in a small mess.

This offseason is supposed to be huge, a lot of big name guys will be free agents. I think it's why no one spent a lot last offseason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

This offseason is supposed to be huge, a lot of big name guys will be free agents. I think it's why no one spent a lot last offseason.

Very well could be. Any chance we get any in Arlington before the new stadium?

And so it begins. Adrian Beltre has said he would waive his no trade clause if it meant a shot at a championship. Beltre has already said that he won’t play anywhere else but Arlington in 2019, if he chooses not to retire. Hope Daniels does him right and trades him to a contender. Hall of Famer deserves a World Series trophy.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Stoney said:

And so it begins. Adrian Beltre has said he would waive his no trade clause if it meant a shot at a championship. Beltre has already said that he won’t play anywhere else but Arlington in 2019, if he chooses not to retire. Hope Daniels does him right and trades him to a contender. Hall of Famer deserves a World Series trophy.

Rent-a-Beltre only benefits the Rangers... he better do it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Should be good for a couple young pitchers at least. Just for starters. No pun intended.

I don't see anybody giving up much. Beltre was great, but he cannot be counted on as a consistent starter and truthfully there are better hitters at this point to be had. He has some value but I think most Rangers fans are going to be disappointed with the return.    Not a knock on Beltre……..he's just at that point of his career.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

I don't see anybody giving up much. Beltre was great, but he cannot be counted on as a consistent starter and truthfully there are better hitters at this point to be had. He has some value but I think most Rangers fans are going to be disappointed with the return.    Not a knock on Beltre……..he's just at that point of his career.

Yeah, it’s not gonna be a top 10 prospect or nothing. 

On 7/12/2018 at 6:57 PM, THSfanatic said:

Any return would be great.  The man already said he is coming back...

• Like 1

^ The farm system needs a infusion of talent again. Downfall of all those trades to win is losing the prospects. If we got a couple pitchers for him it’s a win. AAA guys would be fantastic. AA is probably more realistic.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/e00fc93d-bae0-3e7e-bfad-72574db2c9be/ss_there's-a-virus-in-the-texas.html

Unfortunately you guys are in purgatory just like the Astros were 5 years ago.  There is no quick fix.  It may be even harder to rebound than it was for us because there are several teams that are unloading and gutting their system like we did. Fortunately for us we were the only ones at that time that truly threw ourselves off the cliff and took death to try to totally rebound. It was hard to live through for us and even though we are rivals it is tough to watch somebody else go through it. IMO Kela is the only real valuable chip that could bring outstanding value.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Crawford said:

Rangers blow a 10-2 lead going into the 7th, and lose to the A's 13-10 in 10 innings. Pretty much sums up how the their season been going. smh

All of the trade candidates have been bad of late. Need to get what we can in trades and get ready for 2020.

Jeff Passan- Sources: The Chicago Cubs have a deal to acquire Cole Hamels from the Texas Rangers, who will receive minor leaguers in return. Texas sending a significant amount of cash to cover Hamels’ salary.  Hamels gives the Cubs rotation depth and an October-tested veteran arm

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

If ever was the time to move him and that contract, now would be the time. Best year by far as a Ranger. I’d almost be willing to help eat a little contract to move him.

Texas would have to eat a lot of money, but still I'd trade him so other guys can play more. 

With his contract he would be more likely to get traded through a waiver claim later in the season.

Edited by thegreatbambino
  • Like 1

Adrian Beltre has a choice. Get traded to Atlanta and be part of a contender. Stay with Texas this year and have his playing dictated based upon matchups. Beltre’s a Hall of Famer, one of the greatest Rangers ever, take the chance to win you a championship.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Adrian Beltre has a choice. Get traded to Atlanta and be part of a contender. Stay with Texas this year and have his playing dictated based upon matchups. Beltre’s a Hall of Famer, one of the greatest Rangers ever, take the chance to win you a championship.

I'd go if I were him, Texas is pretty much getting ready for the 2020 season.

• Like 2