2018 NY Yankees Official thread

DaveTV1

The Yankees have been on fire lately winnng 13 of their past 14 games losing only once to the Astros in that span in a four game series.  It looks like they're really gelling even against some the top opponents in a rough schedule .  If we win next weeks series with the Red Sox we should be in first place until we meet Anaheim and then Houston at the end of the month.  If we can win those two series we should be in first come the All Star break.  The Yankees seem to have a solid second half every year.  I'll feel more confident in this team if that happens.  

While it's still early the Yankees/Red Sox series is somewhat important being 1 game out.  If we win the series we'll be tied, sweep and we're one game up.  Lose the series and we're 2 games back, and lose it we'll be 4 games back.  I'm hoping for a sweep as hot as we've been.  

Aaron Judge is the real deal :  

The Yankees are on fire, and I think there's still going to be a showdown when the playoffs arrive.  Maybe I'm celebrating the first place we're in a little bit early, but  both the Astros and Yankees are in first place, and I love it !!!

The Yankees are in first place by themselves for the first time this season.  If we pull off a win tonight we should stay in first until June.  Judge is continuing his rookie season stas so no sophomore jinx for him yet.  If Stanton would go on a tear this team would be a lot stronger.  It's good to be a Yankees and Astros fan right now.  

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Yanks have unreal firepower. Just all around stacked.

I still think we need one more Ace to add to the roster.  I don't have the time right now to do the research on who I think we could land to fill that need.  I know many in Houston want Keuchel off the starting rotation, but I don't think he's a fit with his bad year so far.   

12 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I still think we need one more Ace to add to the roster.  I don't have the time right now to do the research on who I think we could land to fill that need.  I know many in Houston want Keuchel off the starting rotation, but I don't think he's a fit with his bad year so far.   

Yeah I'm not sure either, but they are a very well-rounded team. Bringing in another pitcher (doesn't even have to be an ace) would help Severino and Sabathia. I'm sure the yanks will find someone to fill that spot by the trade deadline.  

I still think it's going to come down to the Yankees and Astros.  If the Astros could get their bats to working they would be dangerous.  I do fear the Red Sox, but I think either team can knock them out of the playoffs.  I just wish they wouldn't make it at all. 

Astros seem to have the Red Sox number. If the bullpen can straighten out, I feel really confident about their chances in the playoffs. The rotation is solid, and the bats are good enough with the potential to be as good as anyone. I do also feel that it will be Houston/NYY in the ALCS again...