๐Ÿ€ 2018-19 NCAA Basketball

SFA loses, at home, to Sam...Jacks officially eliminated from SLC Tournament. Will miss for the first time since 2004-2005. Glad this nightmare of a season is done...

On a brighter note,ย  David Kachelries (PG) committed to the Jacks today. Kachelries played a year at NJIT before transferring to Mineral Area College. That gives SFA three commits (Hart, Pope, and Kachelries). Pope has grade concerns, but said he will be in Nac.ย 

With two more spots, interested to see who we get and how many more we pursue. TJ Holyfield wasnt honored during Senior Night activities, per his request. Not sure if that is good or bad. Jock Hughes and Mitch Seraille are also on transfer watch.ย 

3 minutes ago, topher805 said:

SFA loses, at home, to Sam...Jacks officially eliminated from SLC Tournament. Will miss for the first time since 2004-2005. Glad this nightmare of a season is done...

On a brighter note,ย  David Kachelries (PG) committed to the Jacks today. Kachelries played a year at NJIT before transferring to Mineral Area College. That gives SFA three commits (Hart, Pope, and Kachelries). Pope has grade concerns, but said he will be in Nac.ย 

With two more spots, interested to see who we get and how many more we pursue. TJ Holyfield wasnt honored during Senior Night activities, per his request. Not sure if that is good or bad. Jock Hughes and Mitch Seraille are also on transfer watch.ย 

Crazy season in the Southland, LU is on an eight game winning streak, never would've thought that would happen after that loss to ACU.ย 

ย 

Gardner-Webb punches its FIRST EVER ticket to the NCAA Tournament with a 76-65 win over Radford in the Big South Championship.ย 

ย 

If this is gonna be the norm this week ALOT of teams will be sweating bullets. Hope alot of folks like the NIT this year.ย 

20 hours ago, topher805 said:

That's too bad for sfa. Heartbreaking!ย 

giphy (17).gif

51 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Of course...have to enjoy 'em while we can cause they dont happen that often. In basketball obviously....football is another topic, lol.ย 

You have a good coach that can recruit. He was snakebit by SFA for years. Now that monkey is off his back, so all bets are off.ย 

Football...Yeah, we'll see. I really like Carthel and what he is doing. It will be a fun rivalry again soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

You have a good coach that can recruit. He was snakebit by SFA for years. Now that monkey is off his back, so all bets are off.ย 

Football...Yeah, we'll see. I really like Carthel and what he is doing. It will be a fun rivalry again soon.

Yea, I hope so. Hopefully he can keep getting support and continue the success from this season. And hopefully win the SLC tournament and go to the big dance.ย 

I like Carthel too, and what he did at A&M-Commerce. I attended East Texas State (now a&m-c), prior to Sam. I'm still a Lions fan too. So I kept an eye on him and that program. Truthfully, I too hope he can turn around the sfa football program. It would be a better football rivalry, and also be good for the SLC if sfa gets good.ย 

We shall see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.ย 

16 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Houston Chronicle has a report they're gonna go after Buzz Williams. They better hope to the high heavens he's even interested in the gig.ย 

Buzz would be great if you can get him. ย But they have a guy thatโ€™s done a great job so far