🏀 2018-19 NCAA Basketball

2 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I do not understand why Tech jacked up a 3 so quickly in the end of regulation?  They had time to try to work inside for a better shot.  Nonetheless, they had a great run and have a lot to be proud of.

I was surprised by that too.  And wasn’t it Culver?  He didn’t make a 3 all night.  Still a great game.

Really impressed with the FT shooting,  Total for game 38 and 33 made.  Not bad considering the venue and pressure.  Hunter (27) and Guy (24) were the big difference, with both shooting lights out.  Culver was only 5-28 on FG, 0-6 on 3’s.  Tech needed a lot more out of him to win the game.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401123374

I was thinking the exact same thing...a step inside the arc and a little easier shot and in this case, you might have got fouled...even though I did feel like the refs had swallowed their whistles quite a bit in this game (going w/ no blood, no foul being the championship game).

Overall, it was a great game and great college season...I wanted Tech to win badly but congrats to the Wahoos on their first national title. It was great to hear Coach Tony Bennett say that the best thing he could do for his players over this past year was pray for each of them. I really liked getting to watch his dad's anguish and then joy with the Tony's team victory. 

• Like 2