๐Ÿ€ 2018-19 NCAA Basketball

15 minutes ago, topher805 said:

The new arena isn't going to be any better. Capacity of 15,000 and will have 10,000 open for basketball games. This arena is designed as a concert/entertainment venue, much like the Erwin Center.ย 

World Class UT Basketball Arena Will Host Longhorns Benefiting Austin Community

Maybe it will at least attract more fans to games. Attendance for basketball is pretty bad unless they are playing OU or Kansas

I'm just interested in who Texas could attract as a coach to replace Shaka...I think they will try very hard to get together the buyout money!!!

Could Chris Beard be attracted from Texas Tech? I would have said no had he continued to 1 loss dominance they had going earlier where it looked like they may dominate the Big 12 but then they lost a couple in a row and scraped by the other day against Arkansas.

am I wrong or when you look at the team and roster...does it just smack of a team you'd see at a VCU and be like "oh cool" and it would be fine there against the teams they probably play game in and game out, winning a lot of them. they just look and play the same, not like you'd expect from Texas.

40 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Would Texas go after Pitino?

Throw money at Billy Donovan to leave OKC?

Eric Mussleman from Nevada?

UT would be slanderville if they go after Rick Pitino.ย 

Billy D would be a nice option but OKC is currently 3rd seed and probably will get to the WCF.ย 

Mussleman I could see in ATX, but here's a couple names to look out for: Brad Underwood from Illinois (he's very familiar with Texas & im sure would be REALLY interested if the gig became open) and Kenny Payne from UK (also very familiar with Texas)ย 

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

UT would be slanderville if they go after Rick Pitino.ย 

Billy D would be a nice option but OKC is currently 3rd seed and probably will get to the WCF.ย 

Mussleman I could see in ATX, but here's a couple names to look out for: Brad Underwood from Illinois (he's very familiar with Texas & im sure would be REALLY interested if the gig became open) and Kenny Payne from UK (also very familiar with Texas)ย 

I think Underwood has really hurt his stock at Illinois, but I'm sure he would jump at the opportunity to stick it to Oklahoma State.

so you guys think Beard now has things going too good in Lubbock to make a jump unless it was to one of the big, big boys? since I didn't see you mention him...since Avery Johnson has done pretty well in Alabama, I wondered if a Jason Kidd type or similar would be a draw from the NBA? young, dynamic...

56 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

so you guys think Beard now has things going too good in Lubbock to make a jump unless it was to one of the big, big boys? since I didn't see you mention him...since Avery Johnson has done pretty well in Alabama, I wondered if a Jason Kidd type or similar would be a draw from the NBA? young, dynamic...

Idk if Beard would switch to a team in the same conference. But who knows. He's a very good coach.

I could see a young NBA coach at Texas. Avery Johnson was a big get for Bama and has done a very good job with that program. I wonder if any of Coach K's assistants (John Scheyer comes to mind) would be an interest for UT.ย 

Texas winning that game is more of the same trash from Shaka...play up (chip on shoulder) against better teams (just like his VCU team would)...but any team equal to or worse they lay down for...rather than the Horns running teams that stink outta the gym.ย That's why EVERY game is within 10 points.

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Texas winning that game is more of the same trash from Shaka...play up (chip on shoulder) against better teams (just like his VCU team would)...but any team equal to or worse they lay down for...rather than the Horns running teams that stink outta the gym.ย That's why EVERY game is within 10 points.

I hear ya, UT looked like a top5 team when they played NC.ย