๐Ÿ€ 2018-19 NCAA Basketball

Duke played like a young team who lost their National Player of the Year in the 1st minute. Definitely shook. BUT, that is no excuse for their poor transition defensive effort. I know UNC can run, by my goodness Duke rarely even put up token resistance on that end. Whenever & however UNC wanted, they got to the rim with ease.ย 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TxFight said:

Duke played like a young team who lost their National Player of the Year in the 1st minute. Definitely shook. BUT, that is no excuse for their poor transition defensive effort. I know UNC can run, by my goodness Duke rarely even put up token resistance on that end. Whenever & however UNC wanted, they got to the rim with ease.ย 

NC scored 60+ pts in the paint to Duke's 28-30 I believe it was. Crazy game.ย 

14 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Why is Roach suspended?? (The unpolitically correct reason)ย 

ย 

ย 

Report: Texas leading scorer Kerwin Roach suspended, will miss Saturday's game | @ChuckCarltonDMNย  https://t.co/rSYUpGwUD1

ย 

I read the article just to check myself...he's been suspended now three times...this looks so much like the old Ricky Williams type issue...wants to have the nickname Snoop (doubt for Snoopy!).ย That could explain some of the up and down, whack play to me as well...

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

#5 Tennessee goes down 82-80 at #13 LSU in OT. Rick Barnes is very upset.ย 

ย 

Smart (waters replacement) hit 29pts. Reid couldnโ€™t hit anything today and they still won.ย 

Wish I could have seen it. ย Working a track meet all dayย 

On 2/23/2019 at 4:57 PM, MavGrad99 said:

Iโ€™m glad LSU fought back after the ugly Florida loss

Ugly way to end again...LSU's two biggest wins of the year (Kentucky & Tennessee) both end in terrible calls or non-calls that are the true story. The ball that's clearly in the cylinder that's tipped in, that should have been disallowed at the buzzer against Kentucky and then a foul called against Tennessee with .5 seconds where a ref never should make that the call and a game ends that way unless it's something blatant and egregious, in both, go to another OT and let the games be decided on the court by the players.ย 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Ugly way to end again...LSU's two biggest wins of the year (Kentucky & Tennessee) both end in terrible calls or non-calls that are the true story. The ball that's clearly in the cylinder that's tipped in, that should have been disallowed at the buzzer against Kentucky and then a foul called against Tennessee with .5 seconds where a ref never should make that the call and a game ends that way unless it's something blatant and egregious, in both, go to another OT and let the games be decided on the court by the players.ย 

I take offense at this because I believe that is how the entire game should be officiated.ย  We call fouls these days because a kid was close enough to smell the defender fart...ย  Look at James Hardin...ย  In the 80s he would be a B-rated player barely averaging 20 points a game with his style.ย  But now someone can act like they are going to challenge one of his isolation dribble drives and get called for letting him have the rim.ย ย 

Our sports society is getting soft.ย  I am not saying lets go back to the Detroit Piston Bad Boys days, but right now there is no real reason to play defense unless you want your starters to foul out.

4 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Welp now we have this dropping today:ย 

ย 

The plot thickens: Referee at center of Tennessee, LSU controversy called inordinate number of fouls against Vols https://t.co/aap60a8MbD

Reminds me of certain basketball games withย Pat Adams, Doug Shows, Doug Sirmons, TV Teddy and John Higgins. Can totally understand it by experiences with UK, but I think that ref in question lost a bet (hence the photo) and has no affiliation with LSU, I could be wrong though.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Report: LSU's Will Wade to be subpoenaed in federal hoops corruption trial https://t.co/edCdSJ5z7g

ย 

Eerie timing on the latter.ย 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*and now this few mins ago:ย SEC releases statement in response to viral photo of referee supporting LSU https://t.co/wBn29EQ1LV

ย 

Edited by MrBuddyGarrity
Added link

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Welp now we have this dropping today:ย 

ย 

The plot thickens: Referee at center of Tennessee, LSU controversy called inordinate number of fouls against Vols https://t.co/aap60a8MbD

Reminds me of certain basketball games withย Pat Adams, Doug Shows, Doug Sirmons, TV Teddy and John Higgins. Can totally understand it by experiences with UK, but I think that ref in question lost a bet (hence the photo) and has no affiliation with LSU, I could be wrong though.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Report: LSU's Will Wade to be subpoenaed in federal hoops corruption trial https://t.co/edCdSJ5z7g

ย 

Eerie timing on the latter.ย 

with the NCAA, its typical timing...ย  Pissed off some influential backwoods mountainmen in Kentucky and Tennessee....

SEC has already announced that they don't think there was anything "dirty" involved in his calling of the game...he's been doing big games for 19 years. They did say they are still making some decisions, so despite what they've said...I imagine he'll be fired because of poor decision making.

You know how it is, whether he did anything "bad", it's the perception and some mistakes, you just get fired for it...there will be no "hey, don't do it again"...sometimes it's, "hey don't do it again, here's the box of your ####, where's your door key?"

• Like 1

Final | #4 Kentucky 70, Arkansas 66, UK was down 15 at one point.ย 

Tyler Herro: 29 pts (5 3PFG), 4 reb, 3 ast, 2 stls (90% shooting)ย 
Keldon Johnson: 13 pts, 6 reb, 3 ast
PJ Washington: 9 pts, 6 reb, 2 stls, 2 blk (worst game in about 6 weeks)ย 
Nick Richards: 7 pts, 15 reb, 3 blk
Ashton Hagans: 7 pts, 2 reb, 4 ast
EJ Montgomery: 2 pts, 3 reb

ย 

Final Boxscore: Kentucky vs. Arkansas https://t.co/nBoXmQCKxL

ย