๐Ÿ€ 2018-19 NCAA Basketball

1 hour ago, TxFight said:

This is a great thing for the basketball programs at SFA! I know there are some other sports that are upset (mainly baseball/softball), but this is much needed for the basketball program. The locker rooms in WRJ Coliseum aren't the greatest, and having to share the main floor for practice is a high school problem, not a D1 basketball program problem.ย 

HUGE for the basketball program, but I do feel for baseball, softball, and soccer. If the athletic fee would have passed, there would have been so much more money to go around for those programs. I think the investment in basketball will pay dividends for other sports, just not as quickly as the athletic fee would have. Regardless, I am super excited as this is a huge step forward for the basketball program.ย 

• Like 1

CBS Sports ranking the DI teams in Texas:

1TCUย 
2Texasย 
3Houstonย 
4Texas Techย 
5Baylorย 
6SMUย 
7Texas-San Antonioย 
8Stephen F. Austinย 
8North Texasย 
10Texas A&Mย 
11Abilene Christianย 
12Texas Stateย 
13Sam Houston Stateย 
14Texas-El Pasoย 
15Prairie View A&Mย 
16Lamarย 
17Texas-Arlingtonย 
18Texas Southernย 
19Houston Baptistย 
20Texas A&M-Corpus Christiย 
21Texas-Rio Grande Valleyย 
22Riceย 
23Incarnate Wordย 

SFA looks bad in a win over Southwestern Assemblies of God...Need to clean it up with a trip to Coral Gables to face Miami on Tuesday.

Word has it, starting PG Aaron Augustin may be back in the next week or two from an elbow injury suffered against A&M. Starting SG John Comeaux also may be back in a couple of weeks from a knee injury that was thought to have ended his season...Starting PF TJ Holyfield is put for the year with a shoulder injury.ย ย 

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

SFA looks bad in a win over Southwestern Assemblies of God...Need to clean it up with a trip to Coral Gables to face Miami on Tuesday.

Word has it, starting PG Aaron Augustin may be back in the next week or two from an elbow injury suffered against A&M. Starting SG John Comeaux also may be back in a couple of weeks from a knee injury that was thought to have ended his season...Starting PF TJ Holyfield is put for the year with a shoulder injury.ย ย 

That was 3 key cogs that kills the depth SFA could've had. Young ones going to have to learn on the fly and get ready to uphold the standard.

10 minutes ago, TxFight said:

That was 3 key cogs that kills the depth SFA could've had. Young ones going to have to learn on the fly and get ready to uphold the standard.

Serielle and Nicholas are killing it in the paint. They are going to break some backboards during their career...

7 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Dangย  well my guess my expectations should be down

As much as I hate it, Iโ€™m rooting for a 20 loss season and the firing of Kennedy. Heโ€™s a great person and has had a couple of decent seasons, but has underachieved as a whole imo and isnโ€™t recruiting well at the moment. The current roster is sad. I believe he needs to go and new life brought into the program.ย 

44 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Serielle and Nicholas are killing it in the paint. They are going to break some backboards during their career...

Agreed. I think over the stretch of the year they will wind up being fine. But on paper, this roster had the look of being a lot closer to Underwood's last year as far as post season production. Still a long ways to go, but hard to see them matching that, especially without Holyfield.

1 hour ago, RonSwanson said:

Serialle is a pleasant surprise for the Jacks, especially for a freshman. If they can get their guards back they will be fine. ย Next year they will really kill it.ย 

Just have to make sure we dont lose Holyfield as a grad transfer (Feel pretty confident we've seen the last of him at WRJ as a player)

14 hours ago, topher805 said:

Just have to make sure we dont lose Holyfield as a grad transfer (Feel pretty confident we've seen the last of him at WRJ as a player)

If he does move on they better replace his spot with a solid point guard. Next years team will be great if the guard position is strengthened.ย 

On โ€Ž11โ€Ž/โ€Ž9โ€Ž/โ€Ž2018 at 6:05 PM, topher805 said:

I think SFA is a good fit for Holyfield...โ€ฆโ€ฆ..Be hard for him to go to a better team and get as much playing time...โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Next year SFA could be a top 20-30 team, and Holyfield isn't seeing the court at Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, etc...โ€ฆโ€ฆ...So stay, and be comfortableย 

Augustin should be back in the next couple of weeks. Sadly he will miss the Miami game tomorrow, but I would really like to see him back when we head to Belfast. IF we beat San Francisco, we will need all hands on deck for Buffalo...John, as long as we can have him back by Baylor (Dec. 18) or even Alabama (Dec. 30) I think we are good. Most of the conference hasn't looked good during non-conference, so getting healthy would be the biggest key to our season and postseason hopes...

Duke did jump Kansas and is now #1 in the recent poll

1ย ย Dukeย (48) 2-0 1,606
2 Kansasย (14) 1-0 1,571
3 Gonzaga 2-0 1,478
4 Virginiaย (2) 2-0 1,326
5 Tennesseeย (1) 2-0 1,306
6 Nevada 2-0 1,277
7 North Carolina 2-0 1,260
8 Villanova 2-0 1,139
9 Auburn 2-0 1,132
10 Kentucky 1-1 1,054
11 Michigan State 1-1 919