East Texas 5A Top Ten

NODAYSOFFTX

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

cool. LV offense will be tough to stop.  You never know how rivalries will go, but on paper I was thinking 14-17 points in favor of LV.

It’s at lobo and we’ll have several new guys on offense going against an experienced lobo team. So I’m hoping we can at least keep it close until the end. We haven’t won there since i think 03. I won’t be happy with a lost, but ten points like Wolf suggested isn’t bad to start out the year on the road against a top 6A team, that will be bringing back most of their guys on offense. However, If we can pull it out.......huge momentum going into the season for us if we can stay healthy imo. Lobos should definitely be favored by a few scores though...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pack007 said:

That’s something that I’ll actually be looking at this season....Roaches. Their fish squad was good last season. Took our boys to the woodshed. And we all know I never say anything good about those people to the north of us. But I’ll be watching them closely. I still don’t believe they will do that on varsity, but we’ll see..

We are skeptical about the group coming through at the varsity level. This group has been rolling through people since the 7th grade. We will see if they can finally translate it to the top level. We have had so many promising groups that went 3-7 at the varsity level that we are going to be wait and see. I think it will be a failed season if we are below .500 and miss the playoffs. This group should compete for 1 of the top two spots. We have learned over time not to get our hopes up until it is proven.

Potential with this group ends this year, they either have it or they don't!! Tired of moral victories and using the young excuse.

• Like 1

JT is only winning is if griffin is at qb, I mean it can’t be any worse than the mess we had Last year. I honestly believe he will be the only person that can get JT in the playoffs. Cause if JT doesn’t win district or be 2nd in district something gotta change in the offseason. 

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Oh we will definitely be out the playoffs if him or woods play qb. I’m telling you that now. Season will be done before it starts. 

lol.

Well early indication from Holmes is Griffin is gonna be at QB. But if Griffin wasn't...I figured Warren would remain at QB, Woods remain at WR and Griffin would go WR...picking up where Givens-Washington left off. 

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

JT is only winning is if griffin is at qb, I mean it can’t be any worse than the mess we had Last year. I honestly believe he will be the only person that can get JT in the playoffs. Cause if JT doesn’t win district or be 2nd in district something gotta change in the offseason. 

I'm hopeful about this Fall. JT has SOLID pieces to be very competitive, but I have to see how everything mesh together. O line and d-line is going to need work,  but JT will definitely compete for district. I'll say this, based on JT's track team so far, JT will definitely be THE FASTEST TEAM in this district across the board!

47 minutes ago, ANTI said:

lol.

Well early indication from Holmes is Griffin is gonna be at QB. But if Griffin wasn't...I figured Warren would remain at QB, Woods remain at WR and Griffin would go WR...picking up where Givens-Washington left off. 

I think by the last couple of games last yr, Woods was a better option at QB over Warren.   I'm sure Warren will be on the field, probably at DB because he played there last yr, but he also played some WR too.  Hopeful scenario is Griffin will be a better option at QB and Woods will be at WR.

8 minutes ago, johntylerfan said:

I'm hopeful about this Fall. JT has SOLID pieces to be very competitive, but I have to see how everything mesh together. O line and d-line is going to need work,  but JT will definitely compete for district. I'll say this, based on JT's track team so far, JT will definitely be THE FASTEST TEAM in this district across the board!

JV was pretty decent last yr and had some big guys on the OL.  Now I have no idea what they are going to do about DL. Lots of people to replace.  One of the starting OL, Yarber, played alot on Dline last yr, and they have another NG that started last yr returning, but need some DE.

11 hours ago, johntylerfan said:

West Mesquite gets a lot of their students from East Dallas. JT will not be the fastest team in district 

16 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I think by the last couple of games last yr, Woods was a better option at QB over Warren.   I'm sure Warren will be on the field, probably at DB because he played there last yr, but he also played some WR too.  Hopeful scenario is Griffin will be a better option at QB and Woods will be at WR.

Neither one were a good option, one was way to short and over threw every receiver, and the other one was scared to run or throw. That’s why JT had the record they had. Not saying that’s the whole reason but atleast 80 percent of it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

West Mesquite gets a lot of their students from East Dallas. JT will not be the fastest team in district 

Have you not seen JT’s track meet results recently??? Dudes have been killing teams at the track meets up that way, even some of the top teams.

Fastest team in Mesquite ISD is definitely Horn and they get nothing from East Dallas. 

As a matter of fact all of the Mesquite attendance zones only pull from Mesquite city limits. There may be a tiny sliver of Dallas but not much at all. Here were the district track meet results that was held yesterday. LV won the district title with JT not far behind.

1. Longview

2. John Tyler

3. Mesquite Horn

4. Mesquite

5. North Mesquite

6. Tyler Lee

7. Rockwall-Heath

8. Rockwall

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

You'll see. JT has one of the fastest 4x100 relay teams in the state. They ran a 41.3 yesterday! JT HAS 3 kids running sub 10.8 in the 100 meters! The fastest West Mesquite has ran this year is around a 42.9 or 43.0 in the 4x100. They didn't make the playoffs last year and graduate 9 starters from their defense. Btw, JT's JV track team won the district track meet Tuesday. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, johntylerfan said:

You'll see. JT has one of the fastest 4x100 relay teams in the state. They ran a 41.3 yesterday! JT HAS 3 kids running sub 10.8 in the 100 meters! The fastest West Mesquite has ran this year is around a 42.9 or 43.0 in the 4x100. They didn't make the playoffs last year and graduate 9 starters from their defense. Btw, JT's JV track team won the district track meet Tuesday. 

What's up?

7 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Have you not seen JT’s track meet results recently??? Dudes have been killing teams at the track meets up that way, even some of the top teams.

I didn’t say they weren’t fast. I just said they won’t be the fastest.

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

Fastest team in Mesquite ISD is definitely Horn and they get nothing from East Dallas. 

As a matter of fact all of the Mesquite attendance zones only pull from Mesquite city limits. There may be a tiny sliver of Dallas but not much at all. Here were the district track meet results that was held yesterday. LV won the district title with JT not far behind.

1. Longview

2. John Tyler

3. Mesquite Horn

4. Mesquite

5. North Mesquite

6. Tyler Lee

7. Rockwall-Heath

8. Rockwall

Mesquite and Horn gets students from southeast dallas and parts of  Balch Springs. Their zones into Dallas. I know, I lived in a part of Dallas close to Seagoville. All the kids out there are Split depending on what street do you lived on. 

3 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Mesquite and Horn gets students from southeast dallas and parts of  Balch Springs. Their zones into Dallas. I know, I lived in a part of Dallas close to Seagoville. All the kids out there are Split depending on what street do you lived on. 

May wanna tell Mesquite ISD that then...

http://www.mesquiteisd.org/new_to_misd/attendance_zones/true_feeder_pattern_maps/

Horn's nor Mesquite's attendance zone come close to touching Dallas city limits. 

10 hours ago, ANTI said:

May wanna tell Mesquite ISD that then...

http://www.mesquiteisd.org/new_to_misd/attendance_zones/true_feeder_pattern_maps/

Horn's nor Mesquite's attendance zone come close to touching Dallas city limits. 

Both schools zones go passed I20 on beltline. There is only  Elementary school  That is out there, and it is DISD However the high school and middle school kids in that area go to Mesquite and Horn. Before Horn was built all the kids out here in that area went to mesquite, and Some still do. This hole area is in dallas city limits. North of I20 on beltline in is Balch Springs and Mesquite and south of I20 on beltline is Dallas.

On 4/7/2018 at 10:43 AM, Mavchamp said:

This thread would give English/grammar teachers everywhere a stroke.

lmao. 

My grammar has never been very good. It is what it is. I’m not in college anymore, so I’m not going to worry about it.

On 4/6/2018 at 2:17 PM, cujoforlife said:

ok, so what if those kids come from portion of Dallas......What does that have to do with how fast they are?  Are you automatically faster than someone just because you are born in Dallas?

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

ok, so what if those kids come from portion of Dallas......What does that have to do with how fast they are?  Are you automatically faster than someone just because you are born in Dallas?

Some of the kids that come from Dallas are fast.