🗳️ OFFICIAL SDC 2018 MID-TERM ELECTION THREAD

RETIREDFAN1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SideTracker said:

For certain one of the biggest dupes whether it is the duped republicOns or duped demontoads is the use of tax dollars for professional sports coliseums. How taxpayers came to accept this concept as "normal" is beyond me. This is one reason why I laugh at jokers like Capn' krunch when they talk about "free enterprise" , "free trade" and so called "capitalism". Government sponsored sports facilities is none of these. Cronyism yes, the others NO!

You know the reason as well as I do it is sold as economic growth. 

2 minutes ago, 4to3 said:

Wild ol buddy I need a voucher to attend some of these pro events. Yep a pro event attendance voucher like the ed vouchers ol Disaster Dan is pushing😂 I mean we should all have the right to attend the pro sporting event of our choosing on the public dole since public money is being used to fund these private arenas <sarcasm noted>:injured:

About the only thing I will attend now days is a Astros baseball game very expensive.  If I lived in Houston I might go broke because I love to watch Astros baseball, live or on TV. I use to be a big Cowboys fan but not anymore, I canceled everything to do with the NFL including my TV Football Package. I have been to Jerrys World though but that was to watch Waskom play. 

7 hours ago, Wild74 said:

About the only thing I will attend now days is a Astros baseball game very expensive.  If I lived in Houston I might go broke because I love to watch Astros baseball, live or on TV. I use to be a big Cowboys fan but not anymore, I canceled everything to do with the NFL including my TV Football Package. I have been to Jerrys World though but that was to watch Waskom play. 

The funny thing is of the three major sports down here the Astros are the cheapest to go to, but I'm sure that ticket prices will increase after the World Series win.  I know they have soccer and rugby, but who wants to go see that.  If the people fund the stadiums they should give discounts to those that pay taxes in Houston, but that's the majority of those that attend so they won't.  I wish they could come up with some other way to fund schools and other projects, because you don't ever own your home.  When you get old they simply freeze your tax rate, but your still paying to educate other people's kids.  

House Republicans are retiring in droves. What's pushing them out? 

Former Rep. Tom Davis, a Virginia Republican who retired in 2008 after 14 years in the House, said some Republicans have become “uncomfortable” with the party, as it has shifted rightward and now is led by Trump.

“This is not the party that they grew up with,” Davis said. “The Republican base had kind of rotated from the country club to the country.”

6 hours ago, Matthias said:

We went from West Mesquite to West Texas.

We went from lounging in the pool to diving in it.

We went from exclusion to inclusion.

We went from politics of me to serving the people.

--------------------------------

That guy is basically saying that he hates not being on a pedestal anymore...  He hates not "being better than the people."  He instead wishes he was still in the republican party of democrats, where we hand out dollar bills like candy on Halloween... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matthias said:

I'd like to know what Party he thought he grew up with, but many Republicans today aren't like they were in the 70's and 80's.  Trey Gowdy is the epitome of the Republican Party, and I don't know why he's leaving.  I read that he wanted to go back to working with the Justice system, but today he turned down the being a Federal Judge for the 4th Circuit.  

6 minutes ago, 4to3 said:

Why is the right in Texas state gov anti-teacher, anti-kid, anti-public school?

Because of the heavy influence of libertarianism in Texas Republicanism. 

Or, wait...  was your question rhetorical? I'm not trying to be snarky. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 4to3 said:

isWhat do they teach at Winnsboro that’s anti-government and anti-God?

i was speaking in general. I do not know what they teach in Winnsboro, I do not live there any longer. I feel that it is every parents right to choose which school they send their child and get a  little reimbursement . They pay taxes and are not getting anything for the money. They are paying for other people children's education.

5 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

Did you not watch the video of when he left?  He was clearly leaving before the chants started and he was not storming out in any sense of the imagination.  Oh right, that doesn't fit your made up narrative.

Give me a break ... why did he leave then?   He wasn't going after popcorn and a Dr Pepper ... I'll tell you ... he walked out because he is a pro-illegal alien, anti-American sleazy little dweeb ....

10 minutes ago, ScreamingEagle said:

He left because he had an interview scheduled and the dingleberry speaking was taking too long with his nonsense 

Right, "scheduled" Interview at 11  o'clock at night  ... as he left with a chronic case of the red #### ... :cuss:

12 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

Again I ask, did you not see the video of him leaving?  There was nothing that would suggest that he was stomping out in protest. Way to believe yet another made up story. Just like the dingleberry in Chief. 

bait.gif.33303a9f8b562f40cdabd0dfe8c04550.gif

• Mr. P changed the title to 🗳️ OFFICIAL SDC 2018 MID-TERM ELECTION THREAD