Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WestHardinfan1

🗳️ OFFICIAL SDC 2018 MID-TERM ELECTION THREAD

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

Again I ask, did you not see the video of him leaving?  There was nothing that would suggest that he was stomping out in protest. Way to believe yet another made up story. Just like the dingleberry in Chief. 

bait.gif.33303a9f8b562f40cdabd0dfe8c04550.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Trump dealing with Upchuck, Pelosie and the rest of the dims reminds me a lot of this guy dealing with the school admin .... :woot:

 

Edited by KirtFalcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's WAY too high ... maybe 10-12% ... and I don't mean on top of the current sales tax ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine car and truck sales plummeting at a 25% rate. I sure as heck won't buy a new truck. Heck I'd stop buying a lot of stuff if this happens. Would like the no property tax though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If local municipalities want to fork over tax payer money then I am fine with that. If the city's vision is in line with a sporting venue then get after it. Much easier for local politicians to get voted out and much easier for residents to leave if they don't want to be taxed for it. Federal subsidies for the NFL is grossly wrong though. Big difference to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“In 2016, Texans paid $36 billion in state and local sales taxes. Property taxes totaled more than $56 billion, far more than what a few more pennies added to the sales tax would raise.”

“In fact, the current state sales tax rate of 6.25 percent would have to almost quadruple to a whopping 23 percent to wipe out the property tax, according to a 2012 analysis by the state comptroller’s office. Add another 2 percent for current local taxes and you’re looking at a 25 percent sales tax rate — a quarter in tax on every dollar you spend!”

“That astronomical rate would drive most Texas storefronts out of business as Texans drive to lower-tax states to shop or order goods online from retailers that don’t collect sales tax. Though state law requires Texans to remit those uncollected sales taxes on their own, few ever do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Wendy Davis is urging her supporters to vote early and often. Tru storie. 

Wendy who? ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Wendy who? ...

I think she ran for Governor last time around. She's the one with the sneakers that did the filibuster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Wendy who? ...

Ultra liberal blond chick sporting that rode-hard-and-put-up-wet look. Likes to talk and doesn’t know when to shut up. No I’m not talking about your wife. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Ultra liberal blond chick sporting that rode-hard-and-put-up-wet look. Likes to talk and doesn’t know when to shut up. No I’m not talking about your wife. 

AYGNm2E.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Texas legislature could stand some tugging to the right ... especially the leadership!!! ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by your thread title I’m guessing you think moving to the right is a bad thing? Are you a Straus fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Judging by your thread title I’m guessing you think moving to the right is a bad thing? Are you a Straus fan?

I don't believe you have to govern by extremism which I relate the hard right with and many if not all on the endorsement list of Empower Texans.  I don't believe in the hard left either.   I do buy into this though.......

“I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”
 Billy Graham“I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right . The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”“I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right . The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”

  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4to3 said:

I don't believe you have to govern by extremism which I relate the hard right with and many if not all on the endorsement list of Empower Texans.  I don't believe in the hard left either.   I do buy into this though.......

“I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”
 Billy Graham“I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right . The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”“I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right . The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”

The late great Rev. Graham notwithstanding, what does religion have to do with this? I’ll be honest, I didn’t read the article. Dallas morning news hasn’t printed anything worthwhile since they botched coverage of the Kennedy assassination. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The late great Rev. Graham notwithstanding, what does religion have to do with this? I’ll be honest, I didn’t read the article. Dallas morning news hasn’t printed anything worthwhile since they botched coverage of the Kennedy assassination. 

Read the article. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 4to3 said:

Read the article. 

 I already got off the toilet. It will have to wait till tomorrow. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

 I already got off the toilet. It will have to wait till tomorrow. 

You really do need to read it to get what he is saying... and I don’t trust a family that makes their own religion...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

You really do need to read it to get what he is saying... and I don’t trust a family that makes their own religion...

Chris Tackett from Granbury and who is not affiliated with the news, has done a remarkable job in exposing Empower Texans and the 8 rich people in Texas who are buying the state legislative seats.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...