The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WestHardinfan1

🗳️ OFFICIAL SDC 2018 MID-TERM ELECTION THREAD

12 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

Again I ask, did you not see the video of him leaving?  There was nothing that would suggest that he was stomping out in protest. Way to believe yet another made up story. Just like the dingleberry in Chief. 

bait.gif.33303a9f8b562f40cdabd0dfe8c04550.gif

Trump dealing with Upchuck, Pelosie and the rest of the dims reminds me a lot of this guy dealing with the school admin .... :woot:

Edited by KirtFalcon

That's WAY too high ... maybe 10-12% ... and I don't mean on top of the current sales tax ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

I imagine car and truck sales plummeting at a 25% rate. I sure as heck won't buy a new truck. Heck I'd stop buying a lot of stuff if this happens. Would like the no property tax though.

If local municipalities want to fork over tax payer money then I am fine with that. If the city's vision is in line with a sporting venue then get after it. Much easier for local politicians to get voted out and much easier for residents to leave if they don't want to be taxed for it. Federal subsidies for the NFL is grossly wrong though. Big difference to me. 

“In 2016, Texans paid $36 billion in state and local sales taxes. Property taxes totaled more than $56 billion, far more than what a few more pennies added to the sales tax would raise.”

“In fact, the current state sales tax rate of 6.25 percent would have to almost quadruple to a whopping 23 percent to wipe out the property tax, according to a 2012 analysis by the state comptroller’s office. Add another 2 percent for current local taxes and you’re looking at a 25 percent sales tax rate — a quarter in tax on every dollar you spend!”

“That astronomical rate would drive most Texas storefronts out of business as Texans drive to lower-tax states to shop or order goods online from retailers that don’t collect sales tax. Though state law requires Texans to remit those uncollected sales taxes on their own, few ever do

20 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Wendy Davis is urging her supporters to vote early and often. Tru storie. 

Wendy who? ...

24 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Wendy who? ...

I think she ran for Governor last time around. She's the one with the sneakers that did the filibuster.

43 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Wendy who? ...

Ultra liberal blond chick sporting that rode-hard-and-put-up-wet look. Likes to talk and doesn’t know when to shut up. No I’m not talking about your wife. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Ultra liberal blond chick sporting that rode-hard-and-put-up-wet look. Likes to talk and doesn’t know when to shut up. No I’m not talking about your wife. 

AYGNm2E.gif

The Texas legislature could stand some tugging to the right ... especially the leadership!!! ...

• Like 1

Judging by your thread title I’m guessing you think moving to the right is a bad thing? Are you a Straus fan?

14 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Judging by your thread title I’m guessing you think moving to the right is a bad thing? Are you a Straus fan?

I don't believe you have to govern by extremism which I relate the hard right with and many if not all on the endorsement list of Empower Texans.  I don't believe in the hard left either.   I do buy into this though.......

“I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”
 Billy Graham“I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right . The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”“I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right . The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, 4to3 said:

I don't believe you have to govern by extremism which I relate the hard right with and many if not all on the endorsement list of Empower Texans.  I don't believe in the hard left either.   I do buy into this though.......

“I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”
 Billy Graham“I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right . The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”“I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right . The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”

The late great Rev. Graham notwithstanding, what does religion have to do with this? I’ll be honest, I didn’t read the article. Dallas morning news hasn’t printed anything worthwhile since they botched coverage of the Kennedy assassination. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The late great Rev. Graham notwithstanding, what does religion have to do with this? I’ll be honest, I didn’t read the article. Dallas morning news hasn’t printed anything worthwhile since they botched coverage of the Kennedy assassination. 

Read the article. 

2 minutes ago, 4to3 said:

Read the article. 

I already got off the toilet. It will have to wait till tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I already got off the toilet. It will have to wait till tomorrow. 

You really do need to read it to get what he is saying... and I don’t trust a family that makes their own religion...

49 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

You really do need to read it to get what he is saying... and I don’t trust a family that makes their own religion...

Chris Tackett from Granbury and who is not affiliated with the news, has done a remarkable job in exposing Empower Texans and the 8 rich people in Texas who are buying the state legislative seats.

• Like 1