Nelson named new AD/HC in Daingerfield

EastTxFinest

2 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I'm sure, but he has to hold the kids accountable. He there to Coach and provide structure, not be their friend.

Exactly. So why is he any better than Waldie trying to have discipline? That’s the whole point of this. Nelsons little army can’t gripe at one then turn around and praise another for the same effort. 

12 hours ago, logitech said:

BoHogg needs to make sure he knows the facts of the so-called bar incident. All comments on that incident is no where near the truth. And yes the kids he has coached the last 2 years applauded the decision. 

Why wouldn't they applaud the decision? I Imagine they didn't want a new coach to come in .Because then they wouldn't know what to expect.

2 hours ago, DF83 said:

Exactly. So why is he any better than Waldie trying to have discipline? That’s the whole point of this. Nelsons little army can’t gripe at one then turn around and praise another for the same effort. 

Is Waldie the only Dfield coach that you wanna compare Coach Nelson to?  Waldie was HC therefore he could run his program however he saw fit, he was boss..(job description)"Head Coach". Now Nelson is Top Dog,  let this guy run his program, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let his coaching staff or as you say "little army" use double standards to the kids in his program. Kids see and understand these things, and all kids seeing others being ridiculed don't see that as being funny. I see positively in the kids, and  even heard a couple of kids that might return to athletics now that he's in charge. The players trust him, but he has to win them all over, have them buy into his system, work hard and stay true this summer.  Talent is there and more coming, Coach Nelson should be able to make a name for himself. (Jmo)

2 minutes ago, Crankshaft said:

Coach Nelson should be able to make a name for himself. (Jmo) ............Wolfe...He can chalk that one off his bucket list as complete

Indeed he has Crank, but on the positive side you know better than most what lies ahead for the Tigers.

History has proven in DF several things have to exist. It was true for Lane, Alexander , and Bowman. You have to have a staff of potential head coaches, you have to have amazing talent for several years, and it takes several years to build a program. None of these succeeded in the short time frame that ya'll are expecting out of Nelson. The cancer that exists in DF did not just show up overnight. Started nearly 40 years ago and has been hidden by the success of the athletic teams.  What we see now is beyond chemo and include the cities and counties also.  Been a long time since we have seen effective leadership and community support. Do not expect much more than what you see going forward. It is very hard to be a Thoroughbred in a pen full of jack ####.

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Is Waldie the only Dfield coach that you wanna compare Coach Nelson to?  Waldie was HC therefore he could run his program however he saw fit, he was boss..(job description)"Head Coach". Now Nelson is Top Dog,  let this guy run his program, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let his coaching staff or as you say "little army" use double standards to the kids in his program. Kids see and understand these things, and all kids seeing others being ridiculed don't see that as being funny. I see positively in the kids, and  even heard a couple of kids that might return to athletics now that he's in charge. The players trust him, but he has to win them all over, have them buy into his system, work hard and stay true this summer.  Talent is there and more coming, Coach Nelson should be able to make a name for himself. (Jmo)

Once again, everything you are saying is true. A program will never work if the kids don’t buy into it. My point that you keep avoiding is- Nelson ruined that trust between the boys and HC in the prior program. I use Waldie only because that’s who Nelson has claimed he can be better than. Isn’t that what his whole campaign was run on? That Waldie wasn’t doing it right? That he could do it better? He has made some big promises to those boys and the community and they trust him as their friend. When he has to turn around and be “top dog” now, he will contradict everything he told them. Everyone deserves the chance to make their name. He just made it harder for himself because he has to keep all his lies straight. My point is that Nelson got that chance with dirty antics and I think he’s gonna have to eat a lot of crow. His little army of COUP MEMBERS can’t protect him from that! I just think the boys who applauded will be quite disappointed when friend Nelson can’t be their friend anymore. 

57 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Wrap your head around this one...

Daingerfield will be Nelson’s third position under Waldie; the two also teamed up at Jacksonville and Woodville. When asked what made him follow Waldie, Nelson stated, “He is just a good guy to work for.”

Daingerfield Bee 4/14/2016

Thank you for pointing that out. Nelson says whatever is needed at the moment. When he felt Waldie could no longer serve his purposes of success, greed took over. So again...how can the man ever be trusted?

1 hour ago, DF83 said:

Thank you for pointing that out. Nelson says whatever is needed at the moment. When he felt Waldie could no longer serve his purposes of success, greed took over. So again...how can the man ever be trusted?

I hear everything you're saying 83, a lot of good points, but is it greed just because the man thought he could do a job better than another person? Afterall he is there to witness everything first hand. The reaction from the kids, positive and negative ways to deal with the kids, community, and administration? Is that dirty or attentive? What I saw from the bleachers as a fan was appalling, and embarrassing from some of the kids playing. Throwing equipment, profanity, trying to fight, total disrespect.  Then head coach running over and putting same players right back in game, cussing at refs right along with them..(What message did that send to other players?) Is it dirty because this coach has that pinpointed and has those players in his cross hairs and gonna deals with those right away? Is that part of being dirty because he's a step ahead? Students tardy and misbehaving in school/class? He has identified? Is that dirty because he knows them already? He already knows what coaches to hire because he knows what programs are weak in order to improve all Tiger athletics? Is that dirty? The list can go on and on, but come on DF83 is it DIRTY or ATTENTIVE?

4 minutes ago, lloyd45 said:

As long as a coach isn’t doing any unethical or illegal it’s horrible to go behind his back. 

Define ILLEGAL first and foremost lloyd45 because with kids being involved that would be most serious to me. I think I already get your point on unethical.

34 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Wow man. So the principal is not doing his job and allowing this too?

BoHogg Dfield High School has a exceptional Principal that supports his teachers and disciplines his misbehaviors. Also they have a very good Campus police officer that cares for the kids and makes them walk that line. I'd compare them to any campus around from any classification. However BoHogg I did recognize your attempt at that knee slapping joke!😀 Although sometimes on some campuses athletes are exceptions to the rule.  However I just know you've never heard of coaches pitching in to help molding these young men to understand there's life beyond sports. 

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I hear everything you're saying 83, a lot of good points, but is it greed just because the man thought he could do a job better than another person? Afterall he is there to witness everything first hand. The reaction from the kids, positive and negative ways to deal with the kids, community, and administration? Is that dirty or attentive? What I saw from the bleachers as a fan was appalling, and embarrassing from some of the kids playing. Throwing equipment, profanity, trying to fight, total disrespect.  Then head coach running over and putting same players right back in game, cussing at refs right along with them..(What message did that send to other players?) Is it dirty because this coach has that pinpointed and has those players in his cross hairs and gonna deals with those right away? Is that part of being dirty because he's a step ahead? Students tardy and misbehaving in school/class? He has identified? Is that dirty because he knows them already? He already knows what coaches to hire because he knows what programs are weak in order to improve all Tiger athletics? Is that dirty? The list can go on and on, but come on DF83 is it DIRTY or ATTENTIVE?

Good points coach Nelson. 

• LOL! 1

49 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

BoHogg Dfield High School has a exceptional Principal that supports his teachers and disciplines his misbehaviors. Also they have a very good Campus police officer that cares for the kids and makes them walk that line. I'd compare them to any campus around from any classification. However BoHogg I did recognize your attempt at that knee slapping joke!😀 Although sometimes on some campuses athletes are exceptions to the rule.  However I just know you've never heard of coaches pitching in to help molding these young men to understand there's life beyond sports. 

Coach you have the job.   You don’t have to blow smoke anymore.  Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

You really are making me laugh. Everything your saying about being an effective coach is true. Him coming in already knowing the things to work on and improve set him ahead of the game. But you’re still dancing around my one major point- those issues were intensified by Nelson when he led those boys to believe he was better than the HC. He put them in the position to have to choose where their loyalties went to. They were never all in for the HC. Making your point humorous to me...if those boys liked Nelson so much better as their coach then why didn’t he take that opportunity to discipline? Where was his attention to these issues the last two years? Obviously you are pro Nelson and will never admit to him working against Waldie for his own better interest. You and I agree each coach should have a chance for success. Nelson purposely worked against that chance for Waldie. And when all these same issues are still on that field this fall...I’m going to feel bad for the boys and fans that want it so bad. But I will not feel bad for Nelson because he dug his own hole!

27 minutes ago, DF83 said:

You really are making me laugh. Everything your saying about being an effective coach is true. Him coming in already knowing the things to work on and improve set him ahead of the game. But you’re still dancing around my one major point- those issues were intensified by Nelson when he led those boys to believe he was better than the HC. He put them in the position to have to choose where their loyalties went to. They were never all in for the HC. Making your point humorous to me...if those boys liked Nelson so much better as their coach then why didn’t he take that opportunity to discipline? Where was his attention to these issues the last two years? Obviously you are pro Nelson and will never admit to him working against Waldie for his own better interest. You and I agree each coach should have a chance for success. Nelson purposely worked against that chance for Waldie. And when all these same issues are still on that field this fall...I’m going to feel bad for the boys and fans that want it so bad. But I will not feel bad for Nelson because he dug his own hole!

Well first off 83, what does the kids have to do with this? They didn't vote for Coach Nelson. They aren't on the school board. They are happy and welcomed him because he earned that from them. If you don't feel sorry for them if something doesn't go as planned then that's on you Tiger Fan🤔. They are kids. Neither you or I  knows what happens in class, but tell ya what we both know what happened on the football field. Look at the behavior from the players, ECT. This man can't do Waldies job for him, Waldie lost control of his kids. Glad I can make you laugh. Lol. Check it out tho, you won't feel sorry if he fails the kids, but if he wins with the kids and puts another trophy in the case, are you gonna glorify him like Alexander and Bowman or stick with this back stabbing stuff? Before you answer that 83, check out that roster, classification, and look at what this guy has coming up. It can happen. 

• Smoaky locked this topic