Nelson named new AD/HC in Daingerfield

EastTxFinest

25 minutes ago, bluetiger114 said:

We actually played them in ‘08 and ‘09, not ‘01 Wolfe.  They matched up well with us in the 2008 game and the ending was in doubt until the final minute.  In the 2009 game, they didn’t match up near as well, that was a one sided game in our favor, much like the ‘98 State Championship was one sided in their favor.  We have the talent coming up to make another run.  May not be this year, but then again it may be.  I’m ready for August to get here.

You right 114, shoe string tackle ended the game in our favor in 2008 right? Thanks for the clarity, these guys love it when you don't have your facts straight. My point was athlete wise we usually match up, much like our athletes match up with Gilmer, but depth was always the factor. From our Jr class down to 7th graders are very talented. I see a run coming. I'm also ready for August. Our 2018 schedule

Aug 31 Gunter-away

Sept 8 Tatum-home

Sept14New Boston-away

Sept21 Dekalb-home

Sept28 Elysian Fields away

Oct 5 Bye

Oct12 Ore City-home

Oct19 Queen City-home

Oct26 Waskom-away

Nov2 Paul Pewitt- home

Nov9 New Diana-away

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

You right 114, shoe string tackle ended the game in our favor in 2008 right? Thanks for the clarity, these guys love it when you don't have your facts straight. My point was athlete wise we usually match up, much like our athletes match up with Gilmer, but depth was always the factor. From our Jr class down to 7th graders are very talented. I see a run coming. I'm also ready for August. Our 2018 schedule

Aug 31 Gunter-away

Sept 8 Tatum-home

Sept14New Boston-away

Sept21 Dekalb-home

Sept28 Elysian Fields away

Oct 5 Bye

Oct12 Ore City-home

Oct19 Queen City-home

Oct26 Waskom-away

Nov2 Paul Pewitt- home

Nov9 New Diana-away

Looking forward to Nelson coaching against his Alma mater. 

14 minutes ago, ConfusedinDF said:

The man in the green truck and bank boy were successful in ousting Waldie and orchestrating Nelsons inauguration to the throne. But now it's up to Nelson to prove himself. For the kids sake I hope he is successful.

There was no ousting. Waldie made his Pearland choice before he knew about Nelson’s dagger. Duke, Skipper, and May can’t help him on the field! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DF83 said:

There was no ousting. Waldie made his Pearland choice before he knew about Nelson’s dagger. Duke, Skipper, and May can’t help him on the field! 

Oh but there was undermining which helped in his decision to leave. And I sure hope they don't and can't help on the field. 

5 minutes ago, ConfusedinDF said:

Oh but there was undermining which helped in his decision to leave. And I sure hope they don't and can't help on the field. 

How could it have helped if it wasn’t out in the open yet? Pearland choice was made because it was a no brainer! I think that dagger is gonna hurt Nelson more than any of the coaches when he realizes he doesn’t know who to trust...are they really on his side or full of it just like he was!

11 minutes ago, ConfusedinDF said:

You know, I think you’re the first of the pro Nelsons that have admitted to any undermining. Why now?

5 minutes ago, DF83 said:

You know, I think you’re the first of the pro Nelsons that have admitted to any undermining. Why now?

They all know its true 83. There's no hiding facts. This job literally fell into his lap so to speak. There was a reason he made it to the final 2 with 0 HC experience. He shouldn't have made it past the 1st cut but here we are.... What's next? Totally up to him and the young kids playing. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DF83 said:

Why now? Because many people had no clue what was going on behind the scenes. Transparency is the best cure for any societal disease.

7 minutes ago, ConfusedinDF said:

Why now? Because many people had no clue what was going on behind the scenes. Transparency is the best cure for any societal disease.

Couldnt agree with you more!

1 hour ago, DF83 said:

How could it have helped if it wasn’t out in the open yet? Pearland choice was made because it was a no brainer! I think that dagger is gonna hurt Nelson more than any of the coaches when he realizes he doesn’t know who to trust...are they really on his side or full of it just like he was!

Trust me 83 , Waldie knew and told them he knew of the coup and called them out on his way out the door.

5 minutes ago, Crankshaft said:

Trust me 83 , Waldie knew and told them he knew of the coup and called them out on his way out the door.

Yes Waldie knew and yes rightfully called him out as he was walking out the door. Duh! You missed my point. Try again. 

8 hours ago, Crankshaft said:

Just a question, when was the last time or has there ever been a Time that the Boys drug up dead last at their Mickey Mayne relays..... you do realize who their coach is right ?

Who is the head coach? There is a problem if D'field ain't good on the Track!

On 4/5/2018 at 9:28 AM, lloyd45 said:

I can’t believe knowing the things that I know and also knowing the things that the committee was well aware of that he was even in contention.  So for him to get the job is truly shocking and disturbing. This is not someone you want leading kids. Incredibly bad message sent to the kids who are honestly aware. Back stabbing and dirty politics gets you ahead in life and dfield just confirmed it. 

this is common knowledge :lol:  Don't you watch CNN?  :lol: 

3 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Nelson is track Coach

Could it be that the track program is in bad shape due to allowing the kids to do what they want and not even participate?  Just asking because I heard that it was in bad shape and wondered why, maybe someone can enlighten us.  I would like to know, because the girls team is awesome and they have a great coach.

41 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

Could it be that the track program is in bad shape due to allowing the kids to do what they want and not even participate?  Just asking because I heard that it was in bad shape and wondered why, maybe someone can enlighten us.  I would like to know, because the girls team is awesome and they have a great coach.

At a school that size all football players should be REQUIRED to run track..... JMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachc45 said:

At a school that size all football players should be REQUIRED to run track..... JMO

As little as 7-8 years ago, DF won just about every sprinting and short distance running event that I can remember 

• Smoaky locked this topic