Nelson named new AD/HC in Daingerfield

EastTxFinest

13 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Who are the wins and who are the losses?

Aug 31 Gunter-away L

Sept 8 Tatum-home L

Sept14 New Boston-away W

Sept21 Dekalb-home W

Sept28 Elysian Fields away L

Oct 5 Bye

Oct12 Ore City-home W

Oct19 Queen City-home W

Oct26 Waskom-away L

Nov2 Paul Pewitt- home W

Nov9 New Diana-away W

I might change my mind on a few games after I see the DC magazine on the players coming back.. Just my thoughts right now.. The first two games I will not change..

On 4/14/2018 at 10:36 AM, MARLINDOGS said:

Aug 31 Gunter-away L

Sept 8 Tatum-home L

Sept14 New Boston-away W

Sept21 Dekalb-home W

Sept28 Elysian Fields away L

Oct 5 Bye

Oct12 Ore City-home W

Oct19 Queen City-home W

Oct26 Waskom-away L

Nov2 Paul Pewitt- home W

Nov9 New Diana-away W

I might change my mind on a few games after I see the DC magazine on the players coming back.. Just my thoughts right now.. The first two games I will not change..

How many does Daingerfield have coming back that started? 

3 hours ago, Wild74 said:

How many does Daingerfield have coming back that started? 

7 on O

6 on D

On offense lost 2 linemen and QB/WR and a WR/RB

On defense the same 4 from above and our MLB 

Our QB from last year tore his ACL and won't see the field till early district from what I've heard. We have a few young qbs that are talented and we have our 2 rbs that are returning. 

On 4/5/2018 at 9:28 AM, lloyd45 said:

I can’t believe knowing the things that I know and also knowing the things that the committee was well aware of that he was even in contention.  So for him to get the job is truly shocking and disturbing. This is not someone you want leading kids. Incredibly bad message sent to the kids who are honestly aware. Back stabbing and dirty politics gets you ahead in life and dfield just confirmed it. 

Some of us are like pot holes. Fill us in.

12 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Some of us are like pot holes. Fill us in.

Everything you need to know is in this thread or the other that was locked up. Facts are here. Inside folks made moves and a lot of behind the scenes stuff that came out in the open. Broad daylight actually. With many many witnesses. They won't stay quiet long. Hell everyone knows by now. Many friendships will be tested inside our stands. Alot of cold shoulder glares. Reality is, is that all this fell exactly as some had planned it too. Damn politics. Better hope it works out. Most won't blame the coach this time. It'll be interesting to see if those certain ones can handle the real pressure that comes with it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

7 on O

6 on D

On offense lost 2 linemen and QB/WR and a WR/RB

On defense the same 4 from above and our MLB 

Our QB from last year tore his ACL and won't see the field till early district from what I've heard. We have a few young qbs that are talented and we have our 2 rbs that are returning. 

Looks like we are in the same boat, Waskom has all the RB coming will need to fill the QB position and three new linemen along with two wide outs. Defense has about 7 returning.  

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

I see that just about every job in Daingerfied is open. The mass exodus has begun. 

Wouldn't that have been the case no matter who they hired?

Totally not talking smack, or playing devil's advocate...  just curious. Wouldn't any new coach (Horn, Alexander, Saban) want to bring in his own guys?

Sincerely curious...  would more guys have stayed if someone else had been hired?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKA said:

Wouldn't that have been the case no matter who they hired?

Totally not talking smack, or playing devil's advocate...  just curious. Wouldn't any new coach (Horn, Alexander, Saban) want to bring in his own guys?

Sincerely curious...  would more guys have stayed if someone else had been hired?

Usually when a promotion from within happens a lot of guys stay. 

In my experience, the coordinators usually discuss among themselves which one is going to apply for the Head Coach position. If they both want to stay, they come to a decision and the other is promised a title like Assistant head Coach and no classes if possible. In this scenario, a majority of position coaches stay because their bosses and responsibilities are the same. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, playactionpass39 said:

Usually when a promotion from within happens a lot of guys stay. 

In my experience, the coordinators usually discuss among themselves which one is going to apply for the Head Coach position. If they both want to stay, they come to a decision and the other is promised a title like Assistant head Coach and no classes if possible. In this scenario, a majority of position coaches stay because their bosses and responsibilities are the same. 

Gotcha. That makes sense. 

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think i saw 6 jobs posted.

I have only heard of 4 but I'm not on the inside.  Of those four leaving, I have heard 2 were leaving anyway for family reasons, one got a big promotion at a large school, and one got his license to be an administrator.  I have no idea of the other 2 as all my knowledge is 3rd of 4th hand.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Looks like we are in the same boat, Waskom has all the RB coming will need to fill the QB position and three new linemen along with two wide outs. Defense has about 7 returning.  

I seen yall a few times this past year. Talents there for sure. Yall have a good program too

2 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

I seen yall a few times this past year. Talents there for sure. Yall have a good program too

Keeling is going on his 9th year with a three year contract, most of his coaches stayed with him. Lost our DC who left to become AD at Brownsboro. I think  helps to have consistencies that the players know will be in place. A lot was missing at Waskom when he got there, I know I set through 20 years of misery some misery worse tn certain years. 

11 hours ago, DontKnowMuch said:

I have only heard of 4 but I'm not on the inside.  Of those four leaving, I have heard 2 were leaving anyway for family reasons, one got a big promotion at a large school, and one got his license to be an administrator.  I have no idea of the other 2 as all my knowledge is 3rd of 4th hand.

You full of it as a Christmas turkey.......we all know your about as inside as one can get.....give it a break....your really looking foolish

• Smoaky locked this topic