Daingerfield's Davin Nelson on AD/Football Coaching Job...

Smoaky

As I mentioned in the previous thread on Coach Nelson's hire. I realize there are more questions to be answered, but as I mentioned, I believe the school district is on the clock.

I spoke with Coach Nelson about some of the accusations about his license, along with a couple of other potential concerns. He answered them and I don't have information to believe otherwise. However, as I also told Coach Nelson, there have been requests for information from not only me, but others, and in the end, I wish everyone the best.

Coach Nelson on being hired as Daingerfield AD/Football Coach, "I am excited to be the new AD/HC here in Daingerfield and looking forward to the future of our program as a whole. We have a lot of young and explosive talent, and the coaching staff and I are excited about the success these young men and women are going to bring back to our community. I am looking forward to working closely with our faculty and staff in doing what ever I can to improve our District as a whole."

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Smoaky said:

As I mentioned in the previous thread on Coach Nelson's hire. I realize there are more questions to be answered, but as I mentioned, I believe the school district is on the clock.

I spoke with Coach Nelson about some of the accusations about his license, along with a couple of other potential concerns. He answered them and I don't have information to believe otherwise. However, as I also told Coach Nelson, there have been requests for information from not only me, but others, and in the end, I wish everyone the best.

Coach Nelson on being hired as Daingerfield AD/Football Coach, "I am excited to be the new AD/HC here in Daingerfield and looking forward to the future of our program as a whole. We have a lot of young and explosive talent, and the coaching staff and I are excited about the success these young men and women are going to bring back to our community. I am looking forward to working closely with our faculty and staff in doing what ever I can to improve our District as a whole."

Are we free to question anything with anyone on this thread before I go any further? I'm just curious as to why HC Nelson's word means anything when I know what I know and NOONE can show me facts to disprove what I know and many others around our town and even surrounding areas know. It's mind-boggling to even speculate what has happened her much less have to deal with it 1st hand. I've been a TIGERS fan since I was born. That was 1980 for those that dont know. I was there in 1983. Do I remeber? Heck naw, but it's still embedded in my blood. I've been there for 5 of 6 Titles here in the real TitleTown. I've watched good, bad, and down right horrible seasons, but I'm still here. I and many others just wanted an honest, right, and qualified AD/HC.  

Answer me this..... How in the hell is Dennis Alexander not more qualified than 95% of Texas HS coaches? That's #1. 

How was Horn not selected out of the final 2? I'll tell everyone why... POLITICS.. That's why ladies and gentlemen. SIMPLE....

I just want what's best for DAINGERFIELD TEXAS AND THE KIDS

#DontHateMeCauseYouAintMe 

#NowWhat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Bottom line, You cant fire the idiots in the school administration that were hired by some of the idiots on the board and that continue to make stupid decisions...........but you can damn sure Vote the board out . Trust me this Goes WAY deeper than athletics. The whole school system has been in nuclear meltdown under Quarles leadership for years now, naw hell naw that was wrong, No leadership is the correct term. Nelson is just a small ember of the blaze that has been burning. And to think some folks have the gall to wonder why there has been a mass Exodus to Hughes Springs school system from Daingerfield students equal to the 1849 California Gold rush... More shuck and Jive goes on up at the School on a typical day than a 12 DVD super collectors Edition of Soul Train 's greatest moments. Truth, whole Truth and nothing but the Truth........:airquote:

• Thumbs Down 2

answers to your questions: Horn was asking for more money than the school was offering.  With all the head coaching jobs open not one school was interested in hiring D.A.. So that must raise a flag to everyone. And by the way, we have great laughs from Crankshafts post, he wants whats good for Daingerfield but talks bad about it as much as he can. Heck, I don't even seem him attending very many DHS sporting events anyways. You'all sound like the poor democrats that didn't get Hillary elected, crying and complaining. Over and out from this forum, too much negativity and slanderous remarks. Cranky keep up the good work on finding dirt on everyone. My Dad use to tell me don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house. GO TIGERS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

24 minutes ago, df84 said:

answers to your questions: Horn was asking for more money than the school was offering.  With all the head coaching jobs open not one school was interested in hiring D.A.. So that must raise a flag to everyone. And by the way, we have great laughs from Crankshafts post, he wants whats good for Daingerfield but talks bad about it as much as he can. Heck, I don't even seem him attending very many DHS sporting events anyways. You'all sound like the poor democrats that didn't get Hillary elected, crying and complaining. Over and out from this forum, too much negativity and slanderous remarks. Cranky keep up the good work on finding dirt on everyone. My Dad use to tell me don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house. GO TIGERS.

DA can't get a coaching job? Now thats funny. Did he apply for others? Come on now. I do agree that schools ran by snowflakes wouldn't want him. Afraid he might invade their safe space. I think you are giving Crank too much credit as an investigator. Although he may be resourceful, it seems that the colostomy bag of information about Dfield is leaking badly. Good luck to you guys, on the bright side, at least you dont have to lose to HS again this year. 😂

1 hour ago, df84 said:

Wrong. Money was never discussed with Horn. You are just trying to get people to back off with misinformation. Which is what’s been going on here and what’s wrong with this town. 

• Stinks 1

If  we all want a change in our city of Daingerfield,  we all need to attend the meeting that are going on about changes. I think the next meeting is May 7th at Wallick Chapel Christian Church. This goes all the way to the Mayor. Bottom line is that the city is not in a good position and a lot of the people in control are in it for money and not for change or the better interest of the kids of DISD. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, df84 said:

Horn did ask for more money but the SUP wouldn't meet halfway. Trust me Crankshaft is at everything he can be when it comes to Dfield. Go back to instagram or snapchat. You'll get more action there than on here princess. You only signed into SDC to plead someone's case. He can plead it himself. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, df84 said:

You said WE have great laughs from Crankshafts post. Who are you referring to in WE?

• LOL! 1

Having made so many mistakes in my life I believe with all my heart that people deserve extra chances in this life to make things right.  However, in order to get those second chances you have to rectify the things that caused you to have to have a second chance.  I am willing to give a second chance in this case and support Mr. Nelson to the best of my ability and believe that he truly has the KIDS, the SCHOOL DISTRICT, the TOWN, and the PEOPLES best interest at heart.  However, it is time to man up and rectify the problem that has created this issue and created the need for a second chance and be the example that the kids so desperately need at this time.  We want to support our coach, we want our kids to look up to their coach, but sometimes we as humans have to be shown not just told.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Are we free to question anything with anyone on this thread before I go any further? I'm just curious as to why HC Nelson's word means anything when I know what I know and NOONE can show me facts to disprove what I know and many others around our town and even surrounding areas know. It's mind-boggling to even speculate what has happened her much less have to deal with it 1st hand. I've been a TIGERS fan since I was born. That was 1980 for those that dont know. I was there in 1983. Do I remeber? Heck naw, but it's still embedded in my blood. I've been there for 5 of 6 Titles here in the real TitleTown. I've watched good, bad, and down right horrible seasons, but I'm still here. I and many others just wanted an honest, right, and qualified AD/HC.  

Answer me this..... How in the hell is Dennis Alexander not more qualified than 95% of Texas HS coaches? That's #1. 

How was Horn not selected out of the final 2? I'll tell everyone why... POLITICS.. That's why ladies and gentlemen. SIMPLE....

I just want what's best for DAINGERFIELD TEXAS AND THE KIDS

#DontHateMeCauseYouAintMe 

#NowWhat

You can say what you want, never once did I suggest otherwise. But remember the families involved as you would want the same thing for yours.

Meanwhile, others have answered some of your additional questions.

And, when you and others on this website walk on water, please send me the video.

Thank you.

Smoaky
[email protected]
@DavidSmoak

• Like 4
  • LOL! 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Smoaky said:

You can say what you want, never once did I suggest otherwise. But remember the families involved as you would want the same thing for yours.

And, when you and others on this website walk on water, please send me the video.

Thank you.

Smoaky
[email protected]
@DavidSmoak

You do not have to walk on water to prove that you are trying to walk in the light, just walk in the light and lead by example.  I refer to what I said before, we do not expect miracles we just expect an example for our kids in the ones that lead them.

13 minutes ago, SwipeRight said:

So am I missing something, are we going to see the answers to the questions asked?

Nope. Its amazing how in todays world, given enough time, things just "go away". Betting thats what happens here. 

8 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

You do not have to walk on water to prove that you are trying to walk in the light, just walk in the light and lead by example.  I refer to what I said before, we do not expect miracles we just expect an example for our kids in the ones that lead them.

I agree with you, just making those who have their own issues remind them of their own issues in life.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

Nope. Its amazing how in todays world, given enough time, things just "go away". Betting thats what happens here. 

This is so far from the truth in today's society and social media age. No one lets something pass, at least from not what I monitor or read...get on the wrong side of a topic or story and some won't be happy until you have blood coming out of your ear.

Apparently, you didn't read my post on the previous Daingerfield/Nelson thread.

I've sent email to superintendent and I know there have been requests for information as well.

But, we are also in the age of guilty until proven innocent, unless of course it doesn't fit our narrative or it's against someone we know or like, or a family member. You get my point.

In the end, we want what's right...we just need to stop crucifying without facts and yes I know some of you feel you have legitimate facts.

Smoaky

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Smoaky said:

This is so far from the truth in today's society and social media age. No one lets something pass, at least from not what I monitor or read...get on the wrong side of a topic or story and some won't be happy until you have blood coming out of your ear.

Apparently, you didn't read my post on the previous Daingerfield/Nelson thread.

I've sent email to superintendent and I know there have been requests for information as well.

But, we are also in the age of guilty until proven innocent, unless of course it doesn't fit our narrative or it's against someone we know or like, or a family member. You get my point.

In the end, we want what's right...we just need to stop crucifying without facts and yes I know some of you feel you have legitimate facts.

Smoaky

David, with all due respect, time will tell.

Time already has told. It’s not my job to forgive him or anyone else for that. It’s my job to protect my children and provide the best environment I can. Someone who lies for years, covers it up without taking responsibility, and then deceives his coaching staff as their confidant is not the example I want. If you believe anything out of his mouth after FACTS then you have fallen hard...HARD!!

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, DF83 said:

Time already has told. It’s not my job to forgive him or anyone else for that. It’s my job to protect my children and provide the best environment I can. Someone who lies for years, covers it up without taking responsibility, and then deceives his coaching staff as their confidant is not the example I want. If you believe anything out of his mouth after FACTS then you have fallen hard...HARD!!

I think some have already fallen hook, line, and sinker. I do not think David Smoak is one of them. I think he seeks the truth. 

1 hour ago, DF83 said:

I said I've spoken with Coach Nelson, I've made it clear he has questions to answer, the board has questions too. In time, the truth, whatever it is will decide the end of this story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Smoaky said:

Thank you.

Smoaky
[email protected]
@DavidSmoak

I've always been one who took responsibility for my actions, in every aspect of life. I don't need others to have to "make" me do it. I was raised to know right from wrong. 

The gentleman in question "has" ran, dodged, and hidden things about himself by so causing this ENTIRE PROBLEM. You say facts are needed before a judgement but you said it yourself. We're in a guilty before innocent time. Regardless of how this is or looks. It's reality.... Some can't seem to stomach the idea of being proven wrong. It'll hurt their ego and pride. I never intended for this Cancer to be so severe inside my towns city limit signs.