Daingerfield's Davin Nelson on AD/Football Coaching Job...

Smoaky

Back during the old 3A / new 4A McFarlin era, Daingerfield ran the power I and wishbone. Went to state champioship game and a state semi. Daingerfield has won with many different systems. All it takes for those kids is some good coaching and let them do the rest. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stinger94 said:

Daingerfield in slot T or flexbone would be unreal. They’d rush for 500 yds a game which also means defense isn’t on field much 

Or the defense is on the field a lot because the offense scores on 70-80 yard runs. 

On 4/20/2018 at 9:34 PM, Smoaky said:

As I mentioned in the previous thread on Coach Nelson's hire. I realize there are more questions to be answered, but as I mentioned, I believe the school district is on the clock.

I spoke with Coach Nelson about some of the accusations about his license, along with a couple of other potential concerns. He answered them and I don't have information to believe otherwise. However, as I also told Coach Nelson, there have been requests for information from not only me, but others, and in the end, I wish everyone the best.

Coach Nelson on being hired as Daingerfield AD/Football Coach, "I am excited to be the new AD/HC here in Daingerfield and looking forward to the future of our program as a whole. We have a lot of young and explosive talent, and the coaching staff and I are excited about the success these young men and women are going to bring back to our community. I am looking forward to working closely with our faculty and staff in doing what ever I can to improve our District as a whole."

Easy enough to check if he has a certification in the state of texas.  Go to SBEC certification lookup and type in the last name and first name.  If the person is certified it will show up.

Wow, I really feel for those kids at Daingerfield. I guess that’s the coaching side of me. I don’t really care what the “fans” want, those kids have been cheated since Waldie left. Now they may go into summer not knowing who their coach will be come two a days. Terrible for those kids. I hope the administration gets right for the kids sake. All the talk about “what’s best for the kids” doesn’t apply at Daingerfield. Some higher ups need to have their arses fired immediately. Good luck Daingerfield kids, you’re being screwed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scatright said:

Sources:  Nelson is out.

This is absolutely false, Davin Nelson has been in meetings throughout the day.

Obviously, things can change with any story, but putting this out there without fact is worth a suspension.

Smoaky

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Embarrassed by all these rumours, all it's doing is making Daingerfield look bad and putting doubt in the kids mind.Dont ruin the seniors season by putting out false reports. 

• Thanks 3

It's false.... As a DF faithful I ask for people to know facts before posting. Ask if you want but to blantently post a false agenda because you "heard" something from whomever it was.

We don't need anymore BS, period!!!

Our towns going thru so much more than just a new HC. 

We've all had time to dwell on it. I myself am ready for the season opener. Hell I'm ready for 2 a days. I just want to hear the pads clack. Coach Nelson is the man and as I stated 3 threads ago I'd support whoever we got. He's here, so let's let em do work. 

As seen on this thread, fake news about students, ADs and Supts is punishable by a 2 week+ suspension from this forum.  Which just goes to show how lienent we have been as moderators on this site lately.  Throwing out false stuff claiming sources but not standing behind those sources is slander to the coach, school, and community.  Just remember that before posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2018 at 7:41 PM, bluetiger114 said:

And I should have said this in my post last night, that post wasn’t directed at you KrookedWolfe.  I just quoted you because you said “off topic” and I liked that so I just quoted you.  I hope you didn't take my post as a jab at you.  After re-reading your response, I’m afraid you might have thought I directed that at you.  Apologies if you thought that....wasn’t my intentions.

No we're good 114. I just stated how I felt about those issues. You were correct in so many ways, like some of the ppl get on here and criticize the administration and talk about the terrible job done in the schools, but no way they'll do it face to face. I remember in the Bowman era where some Tiger Nation members were saying how pleased they were with the Superintendent and what a little wizard she was for always being under budget. Now take a look. Lol. That is why i keep my conversation about sports on this Sports Forum. This whole thing is a big distraction for our athletes from what seems to be some unsatisfied fans. If Nelson is the Coach, let him Coach. The kids deserve that, seems like the Coaching staff should be trying to implement some sort of a offense and defense as it obviously needs improvement from this past season. Dfield has the kids, the boys need the Coaching, whomever that may be. Imo

12 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

As seen on this thread, fake news about students, ADs and Supts is punishable by a 2 week+ suspension from this forum.  Which just goes to show how lienent we have been as moderators on this site lately.  Throwing out false stuff claiming sources but not standing behind those sources is slander to the coach, school, and community.  Just remember that before posting.

If that's the case, I am sure your guys suspension list is growing by the day. This thread has had that issue since the very beginning.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

If that's the case, I am sure your guys suspension list is growing by the day. This thread has had that issue since the very beginning.

You can’t change the past.  Let’s live in the present

On 5/4/2018 at 6:23 AM, BoHogg said:

The present supe was not the supe during the Bowman run. Interesting enough, Bowman resigned and took the Paris job just a few months after the present supe came on board. Pat Adams would never have allowed the cancers of coaching dissension, player conduct, and distractions by outside forces that have existed the past 7 years since his departure.  

I stand corrected BoHogg. Maybe it was when in transition and she was taking over and some felt comfortable with her is when that statement was said. 

On 4/30/2018 at 6:38 PM, EastTxFinest said:

Exactly right. We have a talented group and I can't say that enough. Our WRs have good hands and our rbs can catch out of the backfield. Need a qb that can sling it and I think we may have one ;)

Can't continuously let them stack the box and expect to beat it with only legs. Have to keep the D honest.

4-6 passing for 200 yards passing and 2 td's is what ya'll would have with your passing game, along with 300 yards rushing mixed in with your stout D. Shoot Gunter would be scared of you then.